Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Don:

You dont happen to have or know anyone w/ another set of stands and a speaker selector do you? That way we could A/B the LSi 9's and 703's pretty quick and easily....

Just a thought...

$5?
    - Computer Rig -
    YAΘIN MS-20L, polkaudio RT5

- Main Rig -
    Pioneer SC-37, DIY Statements, Samsung 52" LCD

Member Sales Rating: (6)

Quote Originally Posted by EndersShadow View Post
    Don:

You dont happen to have or know anyone w/ another set of stands and a speaker selector do you? That way we could A/B the LSi 9's and 703's pretty quick and easily....

Just a thought...
    Unfortunately I do not... I could get my hands on a speaker selector for fairly cheap I would imagine, but stands are another animal. I have some crappy ones I built out of 2x10s in my basement theater. They are ugly, and I am sure sonically terrible!!!

Don
    Living Room: Adcom GFP-750 (Upgraded), Squeezebox Touch, Oppo BDP-83, Pioneer DV-79AVi, Parasound HCA-3500 (Upgraded), SDA SRS 2 P/B (Gimpod, Sonicaps, & Mills)

Theater: Denon 4311ci, Oppo BDP-93, Parasound HCA-2205+HCA-2200II, Polk LSi9, LSiC, LSiFX, LSi7, Custom 18" TC Sounds sub with 2 18" PR, Sharp XV-Z12000, Pioneer Kuro KRP-500M (isf Enabled)

Bedroom: HK AVR354, Pioneer DV-47a, Parasound HCA-1500a, Polk LSi9

Reminder bump.....

I have checked with Leroy personally, and he is still up in the air. Come on people! This will be more fun with more people...

Dan, have you heard from IndyHawg?

Don
    Living Room: Adcom GFP-750 (Upgraded), Squeezebox Touch, Oppo BDP-83, Pioneer DV-79AVi, Parasound HCA-3500 (Upgraded), SDA SRS 2 P/B (Gimpod, Sonicaps, & Mills)

Theater: Denon 4311ci, Oppo BDP-93, Parasound HCA-2205+HCA-2200II, Polk LSi9, LSiC, LSiFX, LSi7, Custom 18" TC Sounds sub with 2 18" PR, Sharp XV-Z12000, Pioneer Kuro KRP-500M (isf Enabled)

Quote Originally Posted by dcmartinpc View Post
    I have checked with Leroy personally, and he is still up in the air. Come on people! This will be more fun with more people...

Dan, have you heard from IndyHawg?

Don
    He is still not sure. He is either still in, or just got back from the Phillipines. I am sure he will chime in, and I will check with him personally if he doesnt.

I just actually compiled a little list of folks in the Midwest area (that have it listed in their profile) that have been active last 6+ months.

Figured I would shoot them all a message about it just so they know.....

Member Sales Rating: (2)

Unfortunately I do not... I could get my hands on a speaker selector for fairly cheap I would imagine, but stands are another animal. I have some crappy ones I built out of 2x10s in my basement theater. They are ugly, and I am sure sonically terrible!!!

Don
    Don,

I have a pair that are a little on the light side. I can bring them this weekend and leave them at your place. I use them occasionally but have not for some time. I could leave them with you and get them if someone is coming through Ohio.

Xavier

Member Sales Rating: (36)

Quote Originally Posted by nooshinjohn View Post
    So far I have found no digital source sweeter than vinyl... just sayin'
    That's because you have yet to own a decent digital source like my Prism Orpheus DAC . . . . . . . . . hmmm, I'm thinking about bringing my Spatial HD systemup for some fun.

Quote Originally Posted by SolidSqual View Post
    That's because you have yet to own a decent digital source like my Prism Orpheus DAC . . . . . . . . . hmmm, I'm thinking about bringing my Spatial HD systemup for some fun.
    Well don't tease me now!!! Where are you located? I would love to hear one of the Spatial HD systems!!!

Don

I live in Columbus. We wouldn't have time to benefit from the room correction unless I showed up early for the tech to make his measurements, but we could set the system to run without correction and still receive substantial benefit from the outstanding DAC and Pure Vinyl.

EDIT: Columbus, OH not Indiana
    Last edited by SolidSqual; 09-07-2011 at 03:55 PM.

I live in Columbus. We wouldn't have time to benefit from the room correction unless I showed up early for the tech to make his measurements, but we could set the system to run without correction and still receive substantial benefit from the outstanding DAC and Pure Vinyl.

EDIT: Columbus, OH not Indiana
    So you gonna make the trek?

Yup, I'm already working out logistics. Might bring my wife too. Does you wife like HiFi or is she just along for the ride?

Yup, I'm already working out logistics. Might bring my wife too. Does you wife like HiFi or is she just along for the ride?
    Well considering I am bringing a laptop/HDD filled to the brim w/ her beatles and other CD's in FLAC format she will be happy.

She's not a nut like me though so she hasnt yet been converted to living/breathing audio.....yet

So she will enjoy it for a bit then probably start talking to Don's wife about shoes, shopping, purses (or about how much of a nut us fella's are )

My wife made me put a couch in my listening room so she could listen too, but I'm still the only one in there for any real period. She just likes to know she has the option, and is definitely more interested in purses.

My wife made me put a couch in my listening room so she could listen too, but I'm still the only one in there for any real period. She just likes to know she has the option, and is definitely more interested in purses.
    Then hopefully they can chat about those when they get bored and we can stay longer to play with the toys

If you bring your music on a HDD, I can hook it up to my MacMini to run my Spatial gear.

If you bring your music on a HDD, I can hook it up to my MacMini to run my Spatial gear.
    Ok, I will bring it on my Windows 7 laptop (loaded into MediaMonkey) and as just files on an external HDD.

I will bring my wife's point and shoot, and possibly my tripod and Canon Rebel XTi DSLR, not sure just yet......

that should work.

Ok, I will bring it on my Windows 7 laptop (loaded into MediaMonkey) and as just files on an external HDD.

I will bring my wife's point and shoot, and possibly my tripod and Canon Rebel XTi DSLR, not sure just yet......
    I have the Canon 7D with a couple L lenses But my tripod just broke. Man do I pick the expensive hobbies :( I use a Canon S95 for point and shoot duties.

Love me some Canon!!! Have a Canon 40D to I think I am going to try to sell....

Don

Well considering I am bringing a laptop/HDD filled to the brim w/ her beatles and other CD's in FLAC format she will be happy.

She's not a nut like me though so she hasnt yet been converted to living/breathing audio.....yet

So she will enjoy it for a bit then probably start talking to Don's wife about shoes, shopping, purses (or about how much of a nut us fella's are )

I recently acquired the entire Beatles collection on 24/96 flac converted from MFSL vinyl!!!!!!

Don

I have the Canon 7D with a couple L lenses But my tripod just broke. Man do I pick the expensive hobbies :( I use a Canon S95 for point and shoot duties.
    Yeah, those are a bit on the expensive side

I recently acquired the entire Beatles collection on 24/96 flac converted from MFSL vinyl!!!!!!
    Nice, should make for lots of fun.

still trying to make it...was going to stay the night but it is a Notre Dame weekend and none are available for normal pricing

Don, I am debating bringing a couple of my acoustic panels with me to help tame any issues in the room. Probably can get 4 or 5 in my Jetta without causing too much of a problem......

Let me know if those would help.....

Don, I am debating bringing a couple of my acoustic panels with me to help tame any issues in the room. Probably can get 4 or 5 in my Jetta without causing too much of a problem......

Let me know if those would help.....
    That would be awesome! I have zero acoustic treatments, so that would be perfect!

If you forgot them, that would be ok with me

Don

Don, SCompRacer might be in for the 703's after your place, if he is able to make it.

If not I will talk to SolidSqual (Mike) about letting me have em for a week (18th-23rd) and then meeting up the week after that (so the 24/25th) for him to take them to the Columbus area and then shoot them east toward NY possibly, or south toward West Virginia

I'm down for the roadtrips. Just let me know when and where. This is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by byfthalone View Post
    still trying to make it...was going to stay the night but it is a Notre Dame weekend and none are available for normal pricing
    If you book quickly, there are rooms at the Niles Inn and Suites. Not the most upscale place, but from what I know, clean and safe. 5 minutes down the road from me.

$149 a night

http://www.nilesinn.com/

The other place is Comfort Suites in Benton Harbor. Not in the bad part of Benton Harbor Decent place... This one is about 20 minutes from my house.

$99 a night

http://www.comfortsuites.com/hotel-b...michigan-MI226

Don
    Last edited by dcmartinpc; 09-08-2011 at 09:20 AM.

Don, SCompRacer might be in for the 703's after your place, if he is able to make it.

If not I will talk to SolidSqual (Mike) about letting me have em for a week (18th-23rd) and then meeting up the week after that (so the 24/25th) for him to take them to the Columbus area and then shoot them east toward NY possibly, or south toward West Virginia
    I am fine with anything, as long as Mark (dorokusai) approves everything.

Don
    Last edited by dcmartinpc; 09-08-2011 at 09:35 AM.

Member Sales Rating: (41)

Before moving them east to Ohio there's a ton of polkies in Illinois and Wisconsin.
    Last edited by leroyjr1; 09-08-2011 at 09:37 AM.

I am fine with anything, as logn as Mark (dorokusai) approves everything.

Don
    Yup, he said just to keep him in the loop, which I have been.

Thread Information