Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default go to brandsmart for panny plasma, NOW

On 7-5, my wife and i drove to atlanta and bought a panasonic plasma, 50 inch using the 332 dollar gift card from rooms to go for buying a mattress set.the total price was 850 bucks, down from 899 because they were out of stock on one we had chosen.

Love the 50 in. panny in the bedroom,just as much as the pz700u panny we have had in the living room for several years.

Watched Rango on a 100 dollar blu ray player, and it was stunning, as is the pq on the better direct channels, example;deadliest catch episode, sig hanson in pitch black captains chair area, to his side a window with huge blizzard, large snow flakes flying by horizontally, between the deep black with great detail, the captains upper bdy, and beyond him the bright white snow flying by, well let me just say, my wife and i just stopped our conversation and stared, it was that dramatic and realistic.

Its not quite up to par with the 700 on lower quality channels and a little lacking on some skin tones, but well within tolerable levels.

WELL, while typing questions a few minutes ago in the vintage speaker section of club polk, a brandsmart comm. came on, sorta tilted my head to the tv, and there was our tv for 599, down from our 850.

long story short, we are about to drive back to atl, right now because the markdown is in response to a competitors price, and might be gone tomorrow.

We will be taking a store credit, buying a kitchenaid mixer because i am not fat enough, an lg bluray so we no longer have to haul the lr player to br, and at least one concert br, probably david gilmour flavor.

If you are even remotely thinking of a tv and there is a brandsmart close to you or this is available, i would recommend highly at this price, not the very finest but a damn nice tv, especially at this price.
    humpty dumpty was pushed

Member Sales Rating: (7)

I would love to, but just purchased a Mitsubishi PJ.
    What did you think of the overall 'Brandsmart experience' there? For the price, though, you can't beat that for a 50" plasma...
    Home Theater (5.1)
    Optoma HD-25LV PJ
    Pioneer SC-63 AVR
    Pioneer BDP-95F
    Parasound HCA 1205
    Monster 2500 Power
    Polk RTIa9
    Polk CSIa6
    Polk FXIa6
    Polk DSW 600

Music Setup
    Polk LSiM703s
    Music Hall A70.2 Integrated
    Music Hall 25.3 DAC
    Cambridge 640 v2 CDP
    Yamaha T-1 Tuner

Default salesman kinda....you know

def. go there for price, have your facts and stats straight.

They always have a help wanted board at front door with which departments are hiring.

10 bucks an hour plus spiff, learned what spiff was while working at stereo village in atlanta in early eighties, basically bonuses for sales, and most generous for items management wants sold right then.

Basically they can earn better bonuses for steering you towards merch that management wants sold that month week or whatever.

btw, we walked out with a lgbd640 for 99 bucks, because the 99 dollar lg was out of stock.

main diff was wireless, which we thought we did not want, but, after hooking it up in br and watching 2 movies on netflix with no buffering or serious judder and acceptable amount of blurring, we might not run a line under the house, straight from wireless router that we use as a splitter to blu ray and comp.

We also got a toshiba external hard drive, and a kitchen aid classic mixer.

Got a sackful of krystal hamburgers to munch on the way, all and all an unexpected fun day.

btw, im in process of getting my monoprice articulating mounting arm in place, and will be looking for something classy and minimalist as far as a rack for gear, im so glad we got the tv cab out of there, freed up space, and will allow better front and center speaker placement, besides, the wife has done a nice job with it in dr
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	brandsmart 001.jpg‎
Views:	116
Size:	409.9 KB
ID:	59550   Click image for larger version

Name:	brandsmart 002.jpg‎
Views:	75
Size:	426.0 KB
ID:	59551   Click image for larger version

Name:	cabinet 003.jpg‎
Views:	68
Size:	501.7 KB
ID:	59552  
    Last edited by scottyboy76; 07-30-2011 at 05:07 PM.
    humpty dumpty was pushed

Member Sales Rating: (12)

I think rather than getting all that other stuff, I would invest in a wall mount or a better stand for that tv.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Monoblocks, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds, Dodd Audio MLP, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Peachtree I-DAC, Oppo BDP-93, Yamaha PX-3 Turntable, with Sumiko BPS EVOIII, Pioneer PDD 9MkII SACD Player, SimAudio moon 110lp phono preamplifier

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." Brad Shurett

Member Sales Rating: (40)

Wow.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Congrats Scott but damn dude. Your a brave soul. First the DCM's sitting up on them little stands and now a fiddy inch panny sitting on that stand?
    --Gary--

Member Sales Rating: (20)

500 for a 50roe inch plasma is pretty much standard fare now, frys has them basically every week for that price. Its still a great price for that much picture, but nothing that can't be had elsewhere.

And you need a stand, badly
    Main HT
    Magnepan 1.6QR fronts, POlk R15 surrounds, Pioneer SC-25, Parasound Halo A23, Oppo BDP-105, Panasonic TC-P60ZT60, Sony PS3, Apple TV

Bedroom System
    Polk Blackstone TL3, Polk PSWi225 Wireless Sub, HK 3490 Integrated, Oppo BDP-103, Sharp Aquos 32" TV, Apple TV

Office Rig
    27" iMac w/Amarra, AudioQuest Dragonfly 1.2, Focal XS Book, Schiit Valhalla, Cypher Labs Theorem 720, Philips Fidelio X1, Sennheiser HD600, HiFiMan HE-500, B&W P7, LG 47LM7600, Sony PS3, Apple TV

Quote Originally Posted by AsSiMiLaTeD View Post
    500 for a 50roe inch plasma is pretty much standard fare now, frys has them basically every week for that price. Its still a great price for that much picture, but nothing that can't be had elsewhere.

And you need a stand, badly
    The plasma's they have been posting get HORRIBLE pictures by today's standards though. Fry's puts those sales out there b/c they can't sell them any other way.

The LED's always catch my eye though every time they are advertised. Those units don't look too shabby.

Member Sales Rating: (1)

I love the TV stand. Looks awesome.
    Shoot the jumper.....................BALLIN.............!!!! !

Home Theater Pics in the Showcase

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/show...p?userid=73580

Member Sales Rating: (4)

Quote Originally Posted by Sherardp View Post
    I love the TV stand. Looks awesome.
    Home made stuff is always cooler.

Congrats on your TV purchase and subsequint refund to get that mixer. I read your getting that swing arm so all's good.

I love my older 50" panny. You need to watch "9", produced by Tim Burton. That movie is awsome in 1080p on my plasma. It's a Demo movie for sure...5 mins. in I was hooked!!! Now I have 6 subs working along with the speakers and I love feeling the MANY impacts the sound-track provides.

Some where.... over the rainbow..... one awsome scene of many!!!.
    you'll know what I mean when you watch the movie 9..
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies . I am glad to be a part of a select group that tries to take our auditory and visual senses to a higher level: we EXPERIENCE them.... GOT SDA?...GOT SUNFIRE? ...GOT Maggies?

Member Sales Rating: (20)

Quote Originally Posted by DSkip View Post
    The plasma's they have been posting get HORRIBLE pictures by today's standards though. Fry's puts those sales out there b/c they can't sell them any other way.

The LED's always catch my eye though every time they are advertised. Those units don't look too shabby.
    I have purchased 2 of the Samsung 50" plasmas that they routinely run for $500 (have since upgraded one of those with my 58" Samsung but still have the other. I can tell you that the picture is fantastic. Hell even the LG which is the worst of the bunch IMO still has a very good picture.

If you're basing that statement off personal experience then I'd like to know which model you bought. If you're basing that statement off what you see in the store well then it makes perfect sense. The way Fry's sets up their room and 'calibrates' their TVs virtually every plasma in there looks terrible compared to the LED sets. What matters though is what they look like when you get them home.

I don't want to start an LED vs Plasma debate, but in my home (which is all that counts) those plasma sets have a great picture. The picture on my 58" inch is better, but the picture on these 50" screens is still great.

Fry's runs all 3 makers through the sale, I've owned and spent time with both the Panasonic and the Samsung models and with calibration (takes all of 5 minutes using the most common settings I find over at AVSForums) they have a much better picture than depicted in store. I've not personally owned the LG model, but our condo association just bought a couple of those for the workout rooms here and, while not quite as good as the Panny or Samsung, they're both still good picture quality, certainly not horrible.

To each his own, but I wanted to share another opinion
    Main HT
    Magnepan 1.6QR fronts, POlk R15 surrounds, Pioneer SC-25, Parasound Halo A23, Oppo BDP-105, Panasonic TC-P60ZT60, Sony PS3, Apple TV

Bedroom System
    Polk Blackstone TL3, Polk PSWi225 Wireless Sub, HK 3490 Integrated, Oppo BDP-103, Sharp Aquos 32" TV, Apple TV

Office Rig
    27" iMac w/Amarra, AudioQuest Dragonfly 1.2, Focal XS Book, Schiit Valhalla, Cypher Labs Theorem 720, Philips Fidelio X1, Sennheiser HD600, HiFiMan HE-500, B&W P7, LG 47LM7600, Sony PS3, Apple TV

All the ones I've seen that were on sale had horrible pixelation. It wasn't meant as a technology debate. I've gone up there to look at about 4 plasmas and a couple of the LED's but never purchased. To be honest, I'd rather have a plasma right now b/c it'd go in our theater room w/ black-out curtains.

Every plasma just looked horrible to me though. They were extremely pixelated and didn't have that fluidity that I wanted to see. The color was fine but everything else was unimpressive. I'm sure there are a few gems in there (especially with your response), but I haven't had the opportunity to run across them at the right time.

Quote Originally Posted by tony millard View Post
    Home made stuff is always cooler.

Congrats on your TV purchase and subsequint refund to get that mixer. I read your getting that swing arm so all's good.

I love my older 50" panny. You need to watch "9", produced by Tim Burton. That movie is awsome in 1080p on my plasma. It's a Demo movie for sure...5 mins. in I was hooked!!! Now I have 6 subs working along with the speakers and I love feeling the MANY impacts the sound-track provides.

Some where.... over the rainbow..... one awsome scene of many!!!.
    you'll know what I mean when you watch the movie 9..
    Loved 9, tony, the detail in the fabric those little guys were made of was incredible, and as far as i know, have seen every tim burton movie.

Burton and coen bros. are only directors whose releases i actually look forward to.
    humpty dumpty was pushed

Default winchester speaker stands

Quote Originally Posted by halo71 View Post
    Congrats Scott but damn dude. Your a brave soul. First the DCM's sitting up on them little stands and now a fiddy inch panny sitting on that stand?
    You forgot the surrounds sitting on the winchester shotgun for awhile.

Have cut oak plywood to size, will be mounting tv on articulating mount today, and will be able to breathe again.

Interesting to hear 50 inchers are frequently that low now, dont really follow ads that close on larger tvs.

I have noticed a certain 3d aspect in some scenes on the new tv, dont know if its just me.

certain outdoor scenes have, at least to my eyes, definite depth from front features to back of scene features, will be interesting to see if that is just an illusion of looking at new tv.

Also, there are definite geometry issues compared to 3300 dollar pz700 in living room.

Example, when text is running across screen, whether a news crawl at bottom or a screen full of text in a movie, it sweeps in and sweeps out more quickly than when passing across middle of pic.

Not a deal breaker at all, but def. more noticable.

And as far as pic quality of plasmas, the 42 in lg we fell for shortly, definitely pixelated more, and needed a high quality signal,the panny much better.
    humpty dumpty was pushed

Default how ya like me now

This is how to mount your flat screens boys, tomorrow i will show you the woodshop of my wifes uncle who advised me.

Now i will be scouring cl ads for the minimalist metal or metal and glass rack to organize the audio gear.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	007.jpg‎
Views:	63
Size:	513.2 KB
ID:	59582   Click image for larger version

Name:	002.jpg‎
Views:	58
Size:	367.5 KB
ID:	59583   Click image for larger version

Name:	005.jpg‎
Views:	53
Size:	308.4 KB
ID:	59584  
    Last edited by scottyboy76; 07-31-2011 at 09:49 PM.
    humpty dumpty was pushed

Quote Originally Posted by scottyboy76 View Post
    This is how to mount your flat screens boys, tomorrow i will show you the woodshop of my wifes uncle who advised me.

Now i will be scouring cl ads for the minimalist metal or metal and glass rack to organize the audio gear.
    So THATS what CD cases are REALLY for!
    Do you hear that buzzing noise?

You might want to return that TV and hit up Fry's. I've never seen them sell a TV w/ a deer head mounted on it. That's a little too "3D" for me during Book of the Evil Dead reruns.

Quote Originally Posted by DSkip View Post
    You might want to return that TV and hit up Fry's. I've never seen them sell a TV w/ a deer head mounted on it. That's a little too "3D" for me during Book of the Evil Dead reruns.
    Special order, very special, my dad bagged that when i was 14.

BTW what the hell can i do about the dust on the lens of my little canon camera, its nothing special, but would not want to screw the lens up, and no matter how many times i wipe with dry micro fiber cloth, the next pic has dust spots, didnt have that prob. for years from factory.

Small thing, but its those little murders every day that will kill ya.
    Last edited by scottyboy76; 08-02-2011 at 12:54 AM.
    humpty dumpty was pushed

Default Update on poboy design flair.

wE PUT A LITTLE TOUCH LAMP BEHIND THE TABLE HOLDING UP ELECTRONICS.

tHE REFLECTION OFF THE RED PAINT COMING THROUGH THE CD CASES IS ACTUALLY SO COOL, I KNOW, SOUNDS STUPID, BUT IT LOOKS AS THOUGH IT WAS BOUGHT AND MEANT AS A DESIGN ACCENT, DONT KNOW WHAT OTHER WALL COLORS WOULD DO, BUT IM GONNA GLUE SOME MORE CASES TOGETHER AND USE THEM TO SPACE AND VENTILATE GEAR.

aLSO, WE ORIGINALLY USED A WIRELESS SETUP IN THE LIVING ROOM SIMPLY AS A SPLITTER TO RUN INTERNET TO COMP. AND BLU RAY IN LR

WHEN WE GOT OUR LITTLE CHEAP LG BLU RAY FOR BEDROOM, TRIED OUT THE WIRELESS AND AS LONG AS ITS SITTING IN CHAIR NEAR DOOR, WE CAN GET VUDU MOVIES IN 1080P WITH NO BUFFERING, AND OF COURSE NETFLIX AS ITS NOT EVEN HD, PROBABLY WONT BOTHER WITH MONOPRICE ETHERNET CABLE FROM LR TO BR AS WAS ORIGINAL PLAN

PRETTY PLEASANT SURPRISE.
    Last edited by scottyboy76; 08-11-2011 at 10:15 PM.
    humpty dumpty was pushed

Thread Information