Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Member Sales Rating: (28)

I sent an email to Subaru. We'll see what they say, if they respond at all.

The GTI has been at the top of my list since I have the Jetta. I just love to drive that car, although it could use a bit more power.

Sometimes though, I feel the Jetta is just perfect for my needs...I can push it and feel the thrill of driving a manual without getting in trouble....

In any case, I plan to continue leasing, so I never have a car with more than 35K miles.
    Last edited by Ricardo; 09-17-2011 at 02:48 PM.

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA

Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Quote Originally Posted by heiney9 View Post
    I also have to add my parents have a VW Passat 1.8T with 110K on the odo, bought it new maintained it and other than the ABS control unit going out (Bosch has serious failure for all these units in all car brands even American cars, IIRC, there is a class action lawsuit) they have had almost not trouble with it beyond normal wear and tear.

There are always 2 sides to the coin.

H9
    I know every car has problems with them, but also the fact that VWs are a pain in the ass to work on would turn me away from them. I do own a nissan, second one and I love how I can fix the whole car with a 10mm and a Phillips mostly lol

Member Sales Rating: (12)

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo View Post
    Well, if I ever have to decide between the WRX and any other car, it will be an easy decision. It seems that Subaru won't have my business.

We were having lunch just by a Subaru dealer and I had some time to spare so I thught what the heck, I'll go give it a try. But to my surprise, you CANNOT TEST DRIVE A WRX!!! WTF??

I could test drive it if I go through all the paperwork to buy it, and leave a deposit. Then, if I decide I don't like the car, I can walk away....without the deposit.

I laughed in their face. I've taken for test drives cars worth more than twice these POS.

I would understand if they won't give the car to a 17 years old punk...but come on. It's a $25K car...not a Porsche....
    The dealership I worked for required a credit app for driving an STI. Thje WXR, all we needed was a DL copy and proof of insurance and you could go all by yourself. Their reasoning was that these cars are very rare, and that whomever bought the car deserved to get it in as pristine a condtion as possible. I can somewhat agree with the logic of it, but the way you were treated Ricardo was B.S.
    Last edited by nooshinjohn; 09-18-2011 at 03:51 AM.
    HT Setup... Pioneer Elite SC-37, Polk Audio SDA-SRS 1.2TL's , Oppo BDP 93
    Two Channel... Carver Statement 450~1 Vacuum Tube Monoblocks, Dodd Mid-line Tube Linestage with Psvane 12Ax7 tubes, Pioneer Pdd 9Mk II SACD Player, Yamaha PX-3 Turntable with Sumiko BPS EvoIII, Polk Audio SDA-SRS 1.2TLs.

"Everything we have fought for has been lost, and everything we fought against, we have become...."

"Dear Mr. Awesome:

Thank you for taking the time to contact Subaru of America regarding your experience with Busam Subaru.

We appreciate you bringing your experience, concern and personal feedback to our attention. Your message has been documented in our Customer/Dealer Services database. We document such feedback to continually track, review and consider the performance of Subaru dealers, always with the intentions of improving as an organization. Your message will be brought to the attention of the management team at Busam Subaru through our internal reporting process.

Thank you again for bringing your experience to our attention.

Sincerely,

John J. Mergen
    Subaru of America, Inc.
    Customer/Dealer Services Department"

Quick response.....but it is not clear to me in this letter if he sees this as an accepted policy or not.
    Last edited by Ricardo; 09-20-2011 at 06:45 AM.

SOPA

Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman

Now it is clear.

"Dear Mr. Awesome:

Thank you for your reply. Subaru dealers and Subaru of America are partners in business. However, we do not own the dealers. They are independently owned and operated. Our franchise agreements with dealers prevent us from requiring any specific retail practices. Those decisions are up to the dealers themselves.

At most dealerships, they do not offer test drives of WRX and WRX STI models. Some dealers do offer a limited test drive. Others may offer "regular" test drives. Ultimately, it is up to each dealer. The more miles that a vehicle has, the more difficult it is to sell. Also, purchasers of performance vehicles can be concerned if a vehicle has quite a bit of mileage on it, as they do not know how the vehicle was driven in those miles.

Thank you again for your time, interest and feedback. If you wish to contact other Subaru dealers to check on their test drive policy, you can review the contact information for the closest 6 dealerships at http://www.subaru.com/tools/maps/dealer/find/45040.

Sincerely,

John J. Mergen"

SOPA

VW dealers had no problem letting me drive the GTI. Love this car. Dynaudio audio sounds very nice.

Was not too happy about the color but it was black or wait another month. And it does look very sharp. Not so good pictures though....

SOPA

Member Sales Rating: (8)

Nice ride Ricardo!
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson

Thanks Steve! Merry Christmas!!!

SOPA

Member Sales Rating: (8)

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo
    Merry Christmas!!!
    I hope you had a Great Christmas Ricardo...and here's to a Happy New Year to you and your family.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Congrats Ricardo!

Looks like the Subaru dealer lost your business due to their poor choice of business practices. Oh well, their loss.

Member Sales Rating: (0)

I diggin the black. Get some tint on those windows and it will look even better.
    - Computer Rig -
    YAΘIN MS-20L, polkaudio RT5

- Main Rig -
    Pioneer SC-37, DIY Statements, Samsung 52" LCD

Thread Information