Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (4)

Default Paul McCartney - McCartney Deluxe Edition CD/DVD boxed set

I got this set about a month ago and have listened to it a few times. I still have yet to watch the DVD though. This CD is remastered by the same people that did The Beatles CD's at Abbey Road. This CD remasering is extremely nice. I own the original CD, the remastered england import and the Japanese "mini LP" CD. This one blows them all away. It is clear, the tones are nice, and the stereo separation is better than all other CD versions. Also, the Deluxe edition includes a download of the CD and bonus tracks CD in 24/96. I have yet to do it so I will not give my impressions as I have none yet.

If you enjoy this CD, get it (there is the standard single disc, and a 2 disc version as well). This CD sounds phenominal compared to any other version. I will update this when I watch the DVD and let you know if it's worth buying it for that . Also, when I get the USB board from twisted pear and download and listen to the 24/94 I will also update for that. Some pictures are below.

Greg
    Attached Images  
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:

"I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion."

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee

Member Sales Rating: (0)

I was thinking of getting this myself. Nice to hear it was well done. Not to de-rail the thread, but do you also have the twisted pear DAC ?

They have a hi rez version of McCartney 1 and 2 on hdtracks as well, FYI.
    ALL BOXED UP for a while until I save up for a new place :(

Home Theater:
    KEF Q900s / MIT Shotgun S3 / MIT CVT2 ICs | KEF Q600C | Polk FXi5 | BJC Wire | Signal / AQ ICs | Shunyata / Pangea PCs | Pioneer Elite SC 57 | Parasound NC2100 Pre | NAD M25 | Marantz SA8001 | Schiit Gungnir DAC | SB Touch

2 Channel:
    Polk LSi9 (xo mods), Polk DSW MicroPro 2000 sub | NAD c375BEE | W4S DAC1 | SB Touch | Marantz SA-8001 | MIT AVt 2 | Kimber Hero / AQ / Signal ICs | Shunyata / Signal PCs

Member Sales Rating: (4)

Quote Originally Posted by nap View Post
    I was thinking of getting this myself. Nice to hear it was well done. Not to de-rail the thread, but do you also have the twisted pear DAC ?
    I do. I built a DAC using the Buffalo II DAC. You can find out about it here: http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119264

Very nice sounding DAC with the Tube-I-Zator tube output stage.

You should get the CD(s), you won't be disappointed.

Greg
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:

"I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion."

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee

Quote Originally Posted by headrott View Post
    I do. I built a DAC using the Buffalo II DAC. You can find out about it here: http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119264

Very nice sounding DAC with the Tube-I-Zator tube output stage.

You should get the CD(s), you won't be disappointed.

Greg
    Ahhh, right I forgot about that thread. Very nice job. I'll probably get the cd's. I'll wait and pick them up used. Cheers.

Thread Information