Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (12)

Default More broken UPS packages...

I just hope nobody got killed. Looks like Fed EX was involved as well.

http://www.jconline.com/videonetwork...Cmostpopvideos

Both northbound lanes of Interstate 65 at mile marker 156 near the Indiana 28 exit for Frankfort are now open after being closed following several crashes this morning.

The Clinton County Sheriff’s Office said a 4 a.m. crash involved a semi truck, a van and another vehicle near the Indiana 28 exit. Five people were injured and transported to hospitals in Indianapolis and Frankfort.
    Indiana State Police then reported that at 5 a.m. three semi trucks tangled as the drivers approached the backed up traffic. Their injuries appear to be minor, police reported.
    Check jconline.com for updates.
    I-65 northbound remains closed after semi crashes (update)
    By THE INDIANAPOLIS STAR

Two semi drivers were hurt in a series of crashes early today that have caused a big traffic snarl on I-65 near Frankfort.
    Shortly before noon, both northbound lanes remained shut down about two miles south of the Ind. 28 exit for Frankfort.
    The crash of three semis that shut down the interstate occurred about 5 a.m., according to a news release issued shortly before noon by Sgt. Kim Riley of the Indiana State Police.
    Police believe a white 2000 Volvo tractor, pulling double trailers for Federal Express and driven by Francisco Pita, 22, Cicero, Ill., was stopped in the right lane for backed-up traffic from an earlier crash.
    A brown 2006 International, pulling double trailers for United Parcel Service and driven by Gregory A. Taylor, 53, Louisville, Ky., came up behind the Fed Ex truck at a slow speed.

Then a white Volvo driven by Christopher L. Foster, 45, Lebanon, Ind., failed to slow down and ran into the rear of the UPS rig, which was pushed it into the rear of the Fed Ex rig, police said.

Taylor and Foster were transported to St. Vincent Hospital in Frankfort. Taylor had minor cuts and bruises, and Foster was in stable condition with unknown injuries, police said.

"I-65 will continue to be closed for cleanup of medical supplies scattered around the crash scene that the UPS carrier was transporting," the release said.

State police issued no citations, but indicated driver inattention was a possible cause.
    Last edited by nooshinjohn; 09-04-2011 at 02:49 AM.
    HT Setup... Pioneer Elite SC-37, Polk Audio SDA-SRS 1.2TL's , Oppo BDP 93
    Two Channel... Carver Statement 450~1 Vacuum Tube Monoblocks, Dodd Mid-line Tube Linestage with Psvane 12Ax7 tubes, Pioneer Pdd 9Mk II SACD Player, Yamaha PX-3 Turntable with Sumiko BPS EvoIII, Polk Audio SDA-SRS 1.2TLs.

"Everything we have fought for has been lost, and everything we fought against, we have become...."

Member Sales Rating: (7)

Is it just me, or does the video of the UPS employee picking through and tossing customer packages look pretty bad. I mean, those are someone else packages...
    Home Theater (5.1)
    Mitsubishi HC4000 DLP PJ
    Pioneer SC-05 AVR
    Pioneer BDP-95F
    Parasound HCA 1205
    Monster 2500 Power
    Polk RTIa9
    Polk CSIa6
    Polk FXIa6
    Polk DSW 600

Music Setup
    Polk LSiM703s
    Music Hall A70.2 Integrated
    Music Hall 25.3 DAC
    Cambridge 640 v2 CDP
    Yamaha T-1 Tuner

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Quote Originally Posted by kevhed72 View Post
    Is it just me, or does the video of the UPS employee picking through and tossing customer packages look pretty bad. I mean, those are someone else packages...
    LOL...how is that any different from how they handle them at the loading docks :tongue:

Member Sales Rating: (7)

Quote Originally Posted by EndersShadow View Post
    LOL...how is that any different from how they handle them at the loading docks :tongue:
    Very true, but there are no TV cameras in the loading docks...sounds like you "did some time" with them....so to speak.
    Home Theater (5.1)
    Mitsubishi HC4000 DLP PJ
    Pioneer SC-05 AVR
    Pioneer BDP-95F
    Parasound HCA 1205
    Monster 2500 Power
    Polk RTIa9
    Polk CSIa6
    Polk FXIa6
    Polk DSW 600

Music Setup
    Polk LSiM703s
    Music Hall A70.2 Integrated
    Music Hall 25.3 DAC
    Cambridge 640 v2 CDP
    Yamaha T-1 Tuner

I can't say I feel any remorse. UPS does handle packages very roughly. I avoid using them at all costs. Sucks for FedEx though...

Hope UPS gets raped for insurance on some of these. Hope no one had any nice gear in transit on these rigs.

I'm just glad the driver of the Volvo that hit the UPS trailer is ok, that was a nasty one. The let's all bash UPS service is boring . Every carrier has pissed off someone sometime.
    Huh? Wot?? Dig it :tongue:

Where can I get me some??

Thread Information