Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default LEDR? Test - Listening Environment Diagnostic Recording Test

I found this a while ago and have used this to precisely integrate L+R subs in my system. It has allowed me to finally optimize my two channel environment. All I need to do now is place a lock around the controls so I do not fiddle with the integration in the future.

I saved the files and burned them to a CD. The web page provides an explanation of the tests and what to listen for.

The three tests OVER, LATERAL and BEHIND also pan between L+R. The transition should be smooth between the speakers. The tone should not jump between speakers nor sound different at the center referenced from your listening position. If it does, try moving your speakers closer together.

There are other tests on the site. I haven't tried any of these yet.

Edit: The "?" in the title should have been a "TM". I cannot edit the title.
    Last edited by jm1; 09-09-2011 at 11:11 AM.
    All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed and third, it is accepted as self evident.
    Arthur Schopenhauer

I've used the tests in the past to position my mains for better imaging. How are you using the tests to integrate your subs?
    2.1: Peachtree DAC●iT>Yaqin MC-10L w/6CA7-EH, Voskhod 6N1P-EV>polkaudio RT25i, PSW202

5.1: ATI HD5850 HDMI Bitstreaming>Denon AVR-1910>polkaudio RT7, CS350-LS, RT3, PSW505, Sony Bravia KDL-52W3000

Quote Originally Posted by Tbone289 View Post
    I've used the tests in the past to position my mains for better imaging. How are you using the tests to integrate your subs?
    I found my active crossover sounds best set using (1st/1st order @ 80). Unfortunately, there is a broad frequency overlap between the discrete enclosures. The phase/gain needs to be precisely adjusted to have two discrete enclosures seamlessly integrate as one. As I address room acoustic issues, I have needed to further refine the integration.

I ran the monitors full range to test positioning and acquire a reference for what to expect. Running with all enclosures active illuminated some very minute integration issues allowing me precisely optimize the setting for the present enclosure locations.
    All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed and third, it is accepted as self evident.
    Arthur Schopenhauer

Thread Information