Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tv wall mount

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default Tv wall mount

I need to mount a 46" and a 50" Panasonic flat screen TVs. Prices are all over the place for mounts that the mfgs. say will hold these TVs. I want mounts that at least tilt and may like the ones that tilt and swivel. I'll be mounting to 2X4s behind drywall. Any recommendations? TIA
    TO ERR IS HUMAN. TO FORGIVE IS CANINE.

Check out monprice...installed a few have not had any problems
    Home Theater:Samsung8000-55LED,Pioneer SC35, Pioneer DV-79AVi, Sunfire TGA7201, LSi25, LCi RTSc, LC80i
    2chnl system:Melody 101 tube pre, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, W4S Dac, MG Audio Planus2 speaker cables
    Office rig: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures

Member Sales Rating: (6)

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/show...number=182-322

I use these mounts in my house as well as one of my friends. Between us we have about 9 TV mounted in our houses. We also mount TV's on the side and use these. No complaints what so ever. Hard to beat for 25 bucks and it tilts. BTW I have a 55". 47", 40", and 2 32" mounted in my home. He has a 55", 50", 42", and 32" mounted in his home. No issues at all.

Member Sales Rating: (37)

Quote Originally Posted by rdb2001 View Post
    http://www.parts-express.com/pe/show...number=182-322

I use these mounts in my house as well as one of my friends. Between us we have about 9 TV mounted in our houses. We also mount TV's on the side and use these. No complaints what so ever. Hard to beat for 25 bucks and it tilts. BTW I have a 55". 47", 40", and 2 32" mounted in my home. He has a 55", 50", 42", and 32" mounted in his home. No issues at all.
    I have the same mount (up and down tilt, no swivel from side-to-side) behind my (heavy) 50" and 58" Panasonic Plasma's and have been happy.
    VTL ST50 w/mods/RCA6L6GC/TlfnknECC801S
    CJPV-5 w/mods
    TT CJ Sonographe SG3 Oak/Sumiko LMT/Grado Wood Plat/Sumiko PIB2/The Clamp
    Musical Fidelity A1 CDPro
    Tuners w/mods Kenwood KT5020/Fisher KM60
    MF x-DAC V8, HAInfo NG27
    Herbies Ti-9/Vibrapods/MIT Shtgn AC1 IEC's/MIT Shotgun 2 IC's/MIT Shtgn 2 Speaker
    PSAudio Cryo PwrPrt Prem/ExctPwrEP15A
    Wlnt SDA 2B TL/Oak SDA SRS II TL-Sonicaps/Mills/Cardas/Cust SDA ICs/Mortite/Dynamat Extreme/TFLF Rings/FSB-2 Spikes
    NAD SS rigs w/mods
    GIK panels

Member Sales Rating: (6)

Monoprice Don, without question. They are selling mounts like 33% below everyone else.

Transport: Oppo BDP-103/USB HDD (flac)
    DAC/Preamp: Benchmark DAC/PRE
    Power Amp: Parasound HCA-1500A
    Speakers: Harbeth Compact 7ES-3 Monitor
    Cables: Kimber Hero/8TC; DH Labs D-75

Thanks for the suggestions! Anyone using drywall fasteners/anchors to mount these? Finding the center of a 2X4 on textured drywall can sometimes be a PITA.
    Last edited by DON73; 09-09-2011 at 06:49 PM.

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Don't take the chance with that junk method. Straight to the stud with no compromises.
    If you're having trouble, use the knock method to find the solid area and then a finish nail to find the stud. The mount will cover any exploratory holes. Outa site, outa mind.
    2.0 - Zu Audio Omen MK-1B's, Peachtree Decco65 ,Zu Mission SC's, Audio Technica TT, Bugle2 & Bottlehead Reduction Phono Pre's, PS Audio UPC200, Doug's Int's
    HT - Anthem MRX300, RTIA3's, RTIA1's, CSIA4, DSW400, 55ST30, APC H15, 360 Elite, Panny DMP-BD35K

Looking for new homes....
    MIT EXp2 Cables
    Anthem MCA20

Member Sales Rating: (14)

Be careful buying cheap mounts. They tend to have bad joints and don't go up level. I know I have had customers buy them and I had to get another bracket for them.
    I use Chief , Omnimount , Strong and Peerless. I never had any issues with any of those brands. I like Chief and Omnimount the best but they cost a bit more.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.

I bought this: VideoSecu Tilt TV Wall Mount for Most 32"-60" LCD LED Plasma, Sturdy Steel Wall Plate Comes with 6" 3-Axis Magnetic Bubble Level Free 7 ft HDMI Cable M43. Got it from Amazon for about 35 bucks. Works great, and seems well built. Mounting was easy, even comes with built in level, and an extra compact level to double check. Holds up to 165 lbs. Mount to studs if at all possible.

Don, do not even think of using toggles or any other fastener. It's not worth the risk and it's not that hard to find studs either w/ knocking as told before or to get a stud finder .Most houses are built w/ studs on 16'' center so take from there.

Member Sales Rating: (45)

Sanus is pretty decent for the price.

Member Sales Rating: (45)

You can search which mount fits your specefic TV here:
    http://www.sanus.com/us/en/

Then search the net and find the particular model for a much better price. Worked for me and my 50" plasma.
    Romans 1:16

When in doubt finding a stud...I poke a small hole with a mini screw driver at the base board caulk line....easy to patch
    Home Theater:Samsung8000-55LED,Pioneer SC35, Pioneer DV-79AVi, Sunfire TGA7201, LSi25, LCi RTSc, LC80i
    2chnl system:Melody 101 tube pre, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, W4S Dac, MG Audio Planus2 speaker cables
    Office rig: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures

Member Sales Rating: (11)

I've used 3 Monoprice mounts - great quality and unbeatable prices.

Make sure you get the CENTER of the studs.

Many thanks for all your recommendations. I'll do some more research and I'm sure I will find one that works. The joints on the swivel and tilt models are very important and more costly. I was being facetious with the wall anchor comment
    I have three different stud finders and still have to use a small finish nail to be sure I'm in the center of a stud.
    I have both TVs on Lovan stands now and I'll need to raise them up about 12"to allow me to place B&W 805 center speakers on the stands so a tilt mount will probably be a must. Thanks again.

I ordered mounts from Monoprice based on the ones with the most favorable reviews. They came yesterday.....kinda slow delivery/shipping. They are very heavily constructed and look to be fairly easy to assemble. I haven't tried the bolts for connecting the mount to the TV but I will need a very long one to reach the threads.
    I probably won't get them mounted till next week. I'm planning to go pick up my new puppy...7 months old 85lbs...........700+ miles one way or $500 to ship. That's a long way for an old guy but I'd like to meet the kennel owners and see their other dogs.

Thanks again for all your help.

Thread Information