Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default LFE/RCA Question

So I have a quick question. I just ordered the psw505 sub from polk and noticed it has both lfe and rca inputs. My setup is I have my computer and tv and surround system together. So when I am on my computer from my monitor, my stereo is active. When I am on my tv, my surround sound is active. Could I plug in both the lfe and rca in the back of the sub but only one would be giving a signal at a time (depending on which I am using). Would that be ok? Or is that gana freak out the sub or something?
    Thanks in advance!

Member Sales Rating: (16)

Quote Originally Posted by snake10566 View Post
    So I have a quick question. I just ordered the psw505 sub from polk and noticed it has both lfe and rca inputs. My setup is I have my computer and tv and surround system together. So when I am on my computer from my monitor, my stereo is active. When I am on my tv, my surround sound is active. Could I plug in both the lfe and rca in the back of the sub but only one would be giving a signal at a time (depending on which I am using). Would that be ok? Or is that gana freak out the sub or something?
    Thanks in advance!
    Welcome to Club Polk.

Yes, but make sure the 'other' source is turned *off* which listening to the active one you are on. Don't have both your computer and your tv on at the same time.

H9: If you don't trust what you are hearing, then maybe you need to be less invested in a hobby which all the pleasure comes from listening to music.

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Ok! Thanks! They wont be on at the same time bc when I switch over to my tv it puts the audio through the hdmi on the video card. Which goes to my tv, then goes to my receiver (through optical).

Thread Information