Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Member Sales Rating: (16)

I don't care what F1nut says. Thanks Patrick for all you do.

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Will the bug that was introduced in the last upgrade where some characters in a doc that was cut and pasted turn into '?' marks be fixed?

Good job though. It is a good thing there were only 2 million posts to index, other wise you would still be at it.

Member Sales Rating: (4)

Hey Patrick, I see lotsa weird stuff.

About 630 pages of it.

Right here: http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/memberlist.php
    You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Thanks for the hard work on the forum, Patrick! It really does seem much more responsive than the old one, so that is a big improvement. I do have a couple of suggestions:

1) Post tags - by this I mean tags such as For Sale, Wanted or Karma. I think the old system with the colored tags was better because it more clearly stood out from the title of the post. With this new software version, it pretty much just blends in with the post title. Can this be changed?

2) The new icons on the left of post lists indicating Unread Posts, Hot Thread, Closed Thread and You Have Posted in this Thread are too large. They are big enough to be outright distracting in my opinion. They're useful, but they should be smaller like the old software version (and most other forums). Can this be done?

One further question. Will the 20 minute limit on editing posts be changed? I really think that limit is just too short for its own good. This causes people to have to make another post just to correct or add something that would have been better off in the original post. This also adds to the clutter of the forum, as well as having more posts to store and index in the database (which is wasteful IMO).

Thanks again!
    Last edited by BeefJerky; 09-20-2011 at 01:19 AM.

Member Sales Rating: (3)

Thanks for all the hard work on this Patrick!! My vote is for similar colors to the old forum.
    SDA-1C (full mods)
    Carver TFM-45
    NAD 1130 pre
    Rega Planar 3 TT/Shelter 501 MkII
    Nitty Gritty 1.5FI RCM
    The Clamp
    Thorens TD160/Mission 774 arm/Stanton 881S Shibata
    Nakamichi CR7 Cassette Deck
    Rotel RCD-855 with tube output stage
    Cambridge Audio DACmagic Plus
    DBX 3BX-DS
    DBX 224-DS
    ADC Soundshaper 3 EQ
    Ben's IC's

Member Sales Rating: (24)

Quote Originally Posted by BeefJerky View Post
    One further question. Will the 20 minute limit on editing posts be changed? I really think that limit is just too short for its own good. This causes people to have to make another post just to correct or add something that would have been better off in the original post. This also adds to the clutter of the forum, as well as having more posts to store and index in the database (which is wasteful IMO).Thanks again!
    i agree with the edit option......
    mole'

What happened to the add-in spell check icon that used to be on the right? Once I installed the spell check program it worked great. The spell check button in "Quick Reply" does not do anything.

Quote Originally Posted by nick p View Post
    hey guys. We're not keeping the blue, don't worry.
    PHEW!!!! can you also change the pink and the green......and better smileys please, please.

Thanks to all the guys who brought about the change though. I bet a few spent long hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick C View Post
    I will be working on that as soon as I smooth out some other issues.
    I am quoting you on that. The new look is nice, good job. Is it possible to get the smileys to appear automatically and not have to pull then from a drop down ?

Member Sales Rating: (58)

Patrick - Did you launch the mobile version yet?

Member Sales Rating: (47)

I just got back from vacation,,nice work Patrick,,now how do I get it to look the way it used to? (How can I change the colors/background) There used to be something at the bottom of the page IIERC.Help an old guy out please.
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)

Member Sales Rating: (14)

Quote Originally Posted by thsmith View Post
    I want to search Monitor 5 in the subject only. I am using advanced search, select forum and search Monitor 5 using either ( ' or " and still get every post . Maybe it's just me.
    Just a guess, but I bet the problem there is taht so many people have "Monitor 5" in their signature that it shows up in every thread.... just a thought.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.

Member Sales Rating: (14)

Quote Originally Posted by george daniel View Post
    I just got back from vacation,,nice work Patrick,,now how do I get it to look the way it used to? (How can I change the colors/background) There used to be something at the bottom of the page IIERC.Help an old guy out please.
    People, READ THEN POST. Patrick is working on the color scheme.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.

ctank

Thanks Patrick..Looks great...

Member Sales Rating: (49)

It's a BOY!!!!

CONGRATS!!!!

Looking forward to the change of colors..
    Hot Rodded SDA 1.2TL's, SDA 1C's, SDA CRS+'s...
    Powered By Wyred 4 Sound, STP-SE, SX-1000...
    MIT-Shotgun's ...

Member Sales Rating: (18)

Thanks Patrick for your hard work.

I liked the previous look. It was far easier to quickly scan thread titles. The new look is too busy and takes longer to read. Can you at least change the thread title font to a larger bold font so they stand out more?

Patrick,
    As a computer novice i cannot imagine what you have to do to keep this forum running but i sure appreciate your hard work.
    Thanks!!!

Default I Hate It

This new look just BLOWS. Thanks for making everything SUCK so much. I want it to look like SOMETHING ELSE. I HATE the colors. I can't FIND anything now. I want to be spoonfed by naked dancing girls.

Oh BTW, before the "FAN BOY" brigade gets all bent out of shape, just kidding (excect for the part about the naked dancing girls!!!!)A big THANKS for the upgrade,it was time.

Web Master 

Quote Originally Posted by BeefJerky View Post
    Thanks for the hard work on the forum, Patrick! It really does seem much more responsive than the old one, so that is a big improvement. I do have a couple of suggestions:

1) Post tags - by this I mean tags such as For Sale, Wanted or Karma. I think the old system with the colored tags was better because it more clearly stood out from the title of the post. With this new software version, it pretty much just blends in with the post title. Can this be changed?

2) The new icons on the left of post lists indicating Unread Posts, Hot Thread, Closed Thread and You Have Posted in this Thread are too large. They are big enough to be outright distracting in my opinion. They're useful, but they should be smaller like the old software version (and most other forums). Can this be done?

One further question. Will the 20 minute limit on editing posts be changed? I really think that limit is just too short for its own good. This causes people to have to make another post just to correct or add something that would have been better off in the original post. This also adds to the clutter of the forum, as well as having more posts to store and index in the database (which is wasteful IMO).

Thanks again!
    Thanks for your suggestions. Like I said we are working on a few different styles for you guys to choose from. More to come on that.

as far ts the 20minute limit on editing posts. That will likely remain unchanged. The reason is fights or arguments around here tend to turn into a he said she said. People used to go back and edit the incriminating detail out of their posts and acted like nothing happened. The Time limit helps us accurately keep track of conversations around here.

I know its a limitation but we believe it is a necessary one given the history of our lovely community :tongue:

Web Master 

Quote Originally Posted by george daniel View Post
    George, welcome back. As I stated previously we are working on some different themes and templates for you guys to choose from. This was just the out of the box one that came with vbulletin with a few minor tweaks. Give us a couple of days to catch up and they should be available. I will make an announcement when they are.

Web Master 

Quote Originally Posted by dorokusai View Post
    Patrick - Did you launch the mobile version yet?
    Not yet

I don't care what these numbskulls say, you are doing a great job Patrick.

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Smith View Post
    WOW!

That's like working your way through Katie Perry in order to get to Rosie O'Donnell.

Member Sales Rating: (4)

Yeah Patrick, the colors need more contrast to them. Thanks for the work you are doing though. We definately appreciate it.

Greg
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:

"I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion."

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick C View Post
    Thanks for your suggestions. Like I said we are working on a few different styles for you guys to choose from. More to come on that.
    I'm looking forward to that!

as far ts the 20minute limit on editing posts. That will likely remain unchanged. The reason is fights or arguments around here tend to turn into a he said she said. People used to go back and edit the incriminating detail out of their posts and acted like nothing happened. The Time limit helps us accurately keep track of conversations around here.

I know its a limitation but we believe it is a necessary one given the history of our lovely community :tongue:
    Thank you for the explanation; now I understand the reasoning behind it. I've definitely seen that happen on other forums, so it makes sense.

Thanks!

Patrick.......kudos. Get this man some lsim's!
    Everything looks great. As long as I can sign in and learn, im happy.
    2.0 - Zu Audio Omen MK-1B's, Peachtree Decco65 ,Zu Mission SC's, Audio Technica TT, Bugle2 & Bottlehead Reduction Phono Pre's, PS Audio UPC200, Doug's Int's
    HT - Anthem MRX300, RTIA3's, RTIA1's, CSIA4, DSW400, 55ST30, APC H15, 360 Elite, Panny DMP-BD35K

Rice is great when you're hungry and you want 2,000 of something - MH

Looking for new homes....
    MIT EXp2 Cables
    Anthem MCA20
    Polk RTiA5's

Thumbs up

Excellent job, I know it will take some getting used too, but I'm liking it already. I can say, the user profiles look great! Before it was a garbled mess, thanks for the update. I look forward to see how its going to turn out.

Member Sales Rating: (58)

I don't really think he's doing that great of a job personally. Just need to keep you grounded Patrick.

Descending toward the moon in the CLEM (Chinese Lunar Excursion Module), looking for Chang'e

Nice job, Patrick. For a while, when I didn't know what has going on here, I thought I had stumbled into a 'parallel' universe. lol

Actually, the blue is not bad.

cnh

Web Master 

Quote Originally Posted by dorokusai View Post
    I don't really think he's doing that great of a job personally. Just need to keep you grounded Patrick.
    Thanks.

Member Sales Rating: (8)

Since you are taking suggestions...shouldn't the actual topic of the thread be the most prominent feature when looking at a list of threads? Right now it is the smallest print and most difficult to read. The time, date and who posted is much larger. That should be reversed IMO.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson

Thread Information