Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (16)

Default Fleetwood Mac - Rumours SACD

Got my copy in from amazon today. The idiots where they package this stuff for shipping need to get their $#!% together. It comes in a standard, plastic CD case which got shattered during transport. I plan on reaming them for this later on. Glad I keep extra jewel cases on hand.

Anyway, the disc itself was intact and the album sounds great in SACD format. Has more weight to the instruments, clarity and excellent separation on the 2ch layer. This is a 3 layer hybrid for those that prefer the MC mix. Worth the extra cost of the super audio version, but amazon needs to take a bit more care with their packaging. They literally chucked it in an oversize box where it was allowed to rattle around inside. F-tards!

Member Sales Rating: (11)

i got that recently when they released the 180g remaster.. haven't opened it yet. prob won't. ha ha
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert

Member Sales Rating: (0)

I hear you with the packaging its not just amazon, Best Buy is also gulity of just stuffing your stuff in a improperly packged box or envelope. I recently got the New Alice Cooper welcome 2 my Nightmare and the remastered version of the first nightmare both thrown in a oversized padded envelope both Jewel cases cracked front and back I also have spare jewel cases but its the point that they should put a little effort in the packaging process. Enjoy the Rumors SACD.

Quote Originally Posted by danger boy View Post
    i got that recently when they released the 180g remaster.. haven't opened it yet. prob won't. ha ha
    Al, you're as bad as I am. Buy new vinyl to only leave it sealed.

Cool Mike , that's one of the best recordings of that decade IMHO. I bought the remastered Deluxe Edition years ago when it first came out because it had 'Silver Springs' on it, Stevie at her finest, God I love that tune, and the 2nd disc has outtakes, rough cuts and demo's, which are fun to listen to how they were trying to get the sound of the finished product for release. I'd love to hear the SACD version.

I still have my original Lp, unfortunately it was against the wall on the floor in the heavy rotation stack when I had a pipe burst in my old house many years ago. And some mold grew on the cover, but it looked so cool in the same tint as the cover art I left it just like that. Kinda gross I know, but I'm sure the spores have lost their deadliness by now....right??Name:  ! Rumours.jpg
Views: 780
Size:  265.8 KB

BTW, I prefer the sound of the LP better than my remastered CD, I wonder how it would stack up against your SACD?
    Huh? Wot?? Dig it :tongue:

Where can I get me some??

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Enjoy Mike. I have the DVD-A version and it sounds great. Check out the MC mix of it as well, so that at least you can say that you heard it and know how it sounds.
    Sunfire TGP III PrePro, Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature 405wpc 5 ch. Amp, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Onkyo TA2600 Tape Deck, Pioneer Elite 47-A DVD, Sony 32" XBR TV, Polk RTA-8T Main Speakers, Boston VR-920 Center Channel, Boston PV-600 Subwoofer, Polk DSW 400 Subwoofer, Polk FXi-3 Surround Speakers

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Quote Originally Posted by cfrizz View Post
    Enjoy Mike. I have the DVD-A version and it sounds great. Check out the MC mix of it as well, so that at least you can say that you heard it and know how it sounds.
    yep i also have that and it's one of my favorites.....

Stuwee, get the Nautilus 1/2 speed master. I scored a minty copy cheap on ebay. You should be able to also with a little patience. Jury's out as to which sounds better, since I haven't done a comparison yet. I own a lot of Nautilus pressings and all sound excellent to my ears.

Cathy, I gave the MC mix a listen and like all my hybrids, I prefer the hi-rez 2ch mix the best. Stereo just sounds more natural too me. Lotta guys here like the DSotM MC mix, but I even prefer it's 2ch mix over the 5.1. Movies are cool in surround, but music, I'm a 2ch guy all the way.

Edit: BTW, Stuwee, Silver Springs is not on the Nautilus LP, but is included on the SACD.

Here's a copy that looks to be decent on ebay now with a low bid.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FLEETWOOD-MA...89113540332607
    Last edited by Keiko; 10-04-2011 at 10:43 AM.

Thankee kind sir for thinking of me on the Nautilus Lp, unfortunately I'm not in a buying zone right now

But I'll take your word that it's worth grabbing later on.
    Huh? Wot?? Dig it :tongue:

Where can I get me some??

Oh yeah, forgot to mention that I sent amazon CSR an email explaining what happened with this order. I was a little surprised cuz I sorta expected a canned response, but someone actually read my complaint. First, let me say I was articulate and didn't go off the deep end when I explained how dissatisfied I was with the packaging for the shipment.

Anyway, the rep that responded was very professional and is going to credit me back 9.00 for the CD since I'm going to keep it and just placed the disc in another jewel case. The rep also stated he was going to forward my email to the sup where the disc was shipped from. I know $#!% happens, but just seems ridiculous for someone to ship a CD in something the size of a shoebox and think it would arrive intact. I wasn't expecting anything, but gotta give amazon props for the partial credit and to the rep for actually taking the time to read my concerns.

Kudos, amazon.

Quote Originally Posted by Keiko View Post
    Anyway, the rep that responded was very professional and is going to credit me back 9.00 for the CD since I'm going to keep it and just placed the disc in another jewel case. The rep also stated he was going to forward my email to the sup where the disc was shipped from. I know $#!% happens, but just seems ridiculous for someone to ship a CD in something the size of a shoebox and think it would arrive intact. I wasn't expecting anything, but gotta give amazon props for the partial credit and to the rep for actually taking the time to read my concerns.
    That's good to know. Regarding shipping a single CD, wouldn't it be cheaper, for anyone, just to put the CD into a bubble-pak?

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Tse View Post
    That's good to know. Regarding shipping a single CD, wouldn't it be cheaper, for anyone, just to put the CD into a bubble-pak?
    You would think, Danny. There's even mailers specifically designed for shipping CDs. Dunno why someone would chuck a single CD in a shoebox and mail it.

Glad to hear this SACD sounds great. I am going to pick it up. The new 180 g vinyl release by Palas is very good. But the 45 rpm version is spectacular!
    Carl

Quote Originally Posted by schwarcw View Post
    Glad to hear this SACD sounds great. I am going to pick it up. The new 180 g vinyl release by Palas is very good. But the 45 rpm version is spectacular!
    You won't be disappointed, Carl.

Member Sales Rating: (8)

I just played mine, it sounds as good as I expected...
    "Life is one grand, sweet song, so start the music." ~ Ronald Reagan

"I love songs about horses, railroads, land, Judgment Day, family, hard times, whiskey, courtship, marriage, adultery, separation, murder, war, prison, rambling, damnation, home, salvation, death, pride, humor, piety, rebellion, patriotism, larceny, determination, tragedy, rowdiness, heartbreak and love. And Mother. And God." ~ Johnny Cash

I buy almost all my CDs from Amazon. Some arrive in a mailer desgined for CDs, some arrive in boxes, but the contents have been sealed in plastic wrap, and some are loose. Out of hundreds of CDs I think only one had a really damaged case, but a few had the center part that holds the CD in place broken. That bothers me more than the case since I forget about it being broken, and when I open the jewel box the CD falls out.

I had bought the CD in the past. I didn't realize it was on SACD. Try to buy it again.

EDIT: Just checked Amazon. At $42 dollars I think I will pass.
    Last edited by BlueFox; 10-14-2011 at 09:59 PM.

Member Sales Rating: (37)

Quote Originally Posted by Keiko View Post
    Oh yeah, forgot to mention that I sent amazon CSR an email explaining what happened with this order. I was a little surprised cuz I sorta expected a canned response, but someone actually read my complaint. First, let me say I was articulate and didn't go off the deep end when I explained how dissatisfied I was with the packaging for the shipment.

Kudos, amazon.
    But here's an interesting point; Did you know that if you buy an item from an independent merchant that lists on amazon.com, you can rate them through the amazon.com feedback system, but if it's amazon.com proper selling on amazon.com, there is no provision to provide public feedback.

Amazon is cheap, but on the whole, as you said at the start they are f'tards and they don't allow you the ability to tell people about your experience the way you can merchants they charge a high commission to sell on amazon.com
    VTL ST50 w/mods/RCA6L6GC/TlfnknECC801S
    CJPV-5 w/mods
    TT CJ Sonographe SG3 Oak/Sumiko LMT/Grado Wood Plat/Sumiko PIB2/The Clamp
    Musical Fidelity A1 CDPro
    Tuners w/mods Kenwood KT5020/Fisher KM60
    MF x-DAC V8, HAInfo NG27
    Herbies Ti-9/Vibrapods/MIT Shtgn AC1 IEC's/MIT Shotgun 2 IC's/MIT Shtgn 2 Speaker
    PSAudio Cryo PwrPrt Prem/ExctPwrEP15A
    Wlnt SDA 2B TL/Oak SDA SRS II TL-Sonicaps/Mills/Cardas/Cust SDA ICs/Mortite/Dynamat Extreme/TFLF Rings/FSB-2 Spikes
    NAD SS rigs w/mods
    GIK panels

I have both the LP and the SACD, both are excellent, can only imagine what the SACD sounds like on a high-end setup.

Another good one is "The Dance" on DVD, the 5.1 mix is very good. Lindsay Buckingham does a solo on Big Love and Go Insane, awesome performance.

Thread Information