Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store

Member Sales Rating: (27)

Default Need BI-Wires...Anyone?

Anyone selling some decent/affordable Bi-Wires for my 70's? They are just to damn expensive :( :(

Member Sales Rating: (40)

[url]http://signalcable.com/speaker_cables.html[/url]
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.

Is that a good price for Bi-Wires? Damn anyone got some used?

Dude, what do you want to pay? $20?

If funds are that tight, I suggest you make your own, or just use a speaker-wire jumper.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.

More like $50 - $60. WORTH a try!

Check ebay - sometimes you'll see a less expensive pair of Straight Wire or Monster going in that range.

Cheers,
    Russ

Have been. No luck so far. figured someone here made a decent pair

[url]http://cgi.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cl.pl?cablspkr&1069311750&class&3&4&[/url]

Might want to email this guy, see what his deal is... I can't tell if his ad is for a single cable, or a pair.

Hes got mail :) Thanks for the heads up. Will advise on the outcome.

Member Sales Rating: (26)

spastic,

Try the signal cable Frank is a great guy to deal with, and the wires are very good and affordable, I have my 70/40's bi-wired with his cable and just ordered the powercord for my Rotel RSX-1055 reciever. Give them a shot if not go with the guy on audiogone, but signal cable seems to have alot of good feedback and you can find some reviews of the interconnect and powercord on his site. Check it out at least.

CRj:D

Default Good Deal

[url]http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3048810021&category=14966&rd=1[/url]

Look like good cables any input?

Member Sales Rating: (0)

it's just 16 gauge cable put in a sheeth and terminated, you could make it yourself if you wanted.

Member Sales Rating: (17)

North Victoria Gardens, Altacucawanda, California

spastic,
    I ordered his biwire and have been using them, in addition to Signal Cable internal biwire. Honestly, I haven't compared the two, but I have found both to be very clean and netural sounding wires. AJ Kossman (the seller of the wire) seems to be honest and great guy. Got them shipped in a timely manner. He lives in Toronto (I believe) The wire is professionally done, it's Monster custom MCX S14-4R-CL. I had it for about a year, running my second system and surround LSiFx on the other. No complain, good termination too. Hope it helps!
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.

Member Sales Rating: (58)

I own many feet of Signal brand, and I agree, it is a great value. Performance is excellent. The Double Run speaker cable is #10 gauge, terminated with AP Bananas or Spades is a very nice length of cable.

I have also checked out their Digital Coaxial, Component Video and Analog1 series cables.

well i guess i will save up for them since they are highly rec.

Member Sales Rating: (2)

Question: What is the difference in the Signal Cable Bi-wire $90 version as opposed to homemade biwires (no sheath) using 12 gauge Lowe's speaker wire? I am not being a smart ass. I finally got my system set-up (minus a SVS sub, buying at x-mas time) and I am looking to start investing in quality wires and interconnects. However, I really don't want to spend an arm and a leg! I am thinking Monster Video3 component wire and Coaxial interconnects but I am clueless about speaker wire. This is probably the wrong forum but an info would be great! Thanks!
    Denon AVR-3803
    Denon DVD-2900
    RTi70's
    Csi40
    Fxi30's
    RTi38's

It's OK, your question will get answered either way.

The quality of the Signal brand is very high. The terminations are 100% correct and "hand" done...by that I mean they don't get carpal tunnel making cables. The process is 1-on-1, with a mechanical device, but that individual is right there, making the crimps. No robots, no large machines. Signal is making you a custom cable....no set length, no set ideas, just a given high quality cable, terminated to your desired spec's. Oh, and all that for a great price....cmon, find it somewhere else and I will buy it.

Factor in the cost of AP Spades and/or AP Bananas, plus 10 gauge OFC, with wraps and shrink....you overshoot the Signal cost, period.

We are talking $90 for a Internal Bi-Wire.......I would personally go into the Double Run for +$20. My entire HT system is run with Double Run. I am a previous Monster Cable fan, and they are 100% eliminated from my system.

Member Sales Rating: (26)

Spastic,

Yeah what he said but truely these are great cables/wires they are hand made and when you call like I did you actually talk to the owner, try that with monster. Am I saying that the monster M1.4 don't compare or are any good or that the other cables you are looking at are not any good, no way, but for great quality, build, and customer service and a very good sound after 40-50 hours of breakin time, their is no beating Signal at that price. He also custom makes them to your run size. Give tham a try, like the others have said my system is also going the all signal way.

CRj :)

Oh and he gives Polk forum members 10% off....that essentially covers shipping. :)

Is this "FrankZ" forum mbr?

Reply from the guy ho is selling these posted from above

[url]http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...gory=14966&rd=1[/url]

This sounds like German to me. Can anyone Translate into Good or Bad????

Yes Paul my cables come standard bi-wire.Sorry I dont have a digital camera yet so I'll describe everything about my cables to you.My "SUPER STAR" cables are four conductor cables that use four 14awg 9.99999% pure long grain copper.I twist the two conductors for NEGATIVE together and the two for POSITIVE together at the amplifier end of the wire,then i use red heatshrink tubeing for the + side and black heatshrink tubeing for the negative side.The speaker end has four conductors; The two positive are heatshrinked red and the two negative are heatshrinked black.The ends of the wire are long enough to not cause strain on the cable after you hook them up in tight spaced biwire terminals.The actual cable jacket is black PVC.The insulation of the cable is four TEFLON spacer rod's wich are spiraled inbetween the conductors.The conductors are twisted around the Teflon rods effectively keeping them from touching each other for ultimate RFI rejection.To keep prices low I terminate my cables with bannana plugs.I offer a 100% 30 day money back policy if you are not completely satisfied with any aspect of my cables.The materials I use are reserved for those so called"High End "cables.The only difference with my cables are you get no fany box or packaging,and you dont pay for "Audiophile Inflation",sometimes being 800x the cost for the actual materials used.You gotta start somewhere and I am currently making them out of my Condo right now,but i donated a pair to my local Hi-Fi store and they use them on their "Reference" two channel set up! They want me to put a couple of pairs on consignment and if they do well they will distribute them for me.I hope all this helped but as a last resort I will take photo's of the cables and send them in the mail to you.Thank's for your intrest in "ELF CUSTOM CABLES".

Old School
    Member Sales Rating: (1)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by spasticpitbull [/i]
    [B] use four 14awg 9.99999% pure long grain copper.[/B][/QUOTE] Wonder what the other 90.00001% is... :D
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
    "Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

Rebuilding Maggie 2-ch & Amazing 2-ch... Building 2-ch "wall"... Figuring out the HT

So you think its a typo? If i buy these it woud be blind so not too sure. I'll await a response to see if they "sound" good :)

Thread Information