+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Name:  antenna pic.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  354.9 KB

Is this my antenna wire?

Yes that is antenna line. Plug that in, and you should get radio. As for Alternator whine, here are some things that you can do to help with that. One like DSkip put, check under the hood to make sure no wires are exposed, and or touching the alternator. Once this is done, and checked off. Go inside, and trace your rca cables, and your power wire from battery to amp. If these wire are crossing each other make sure they are at a 90 degree angle, and put some wire flum around the rca cable, and tape off the ends. Now if the power wire, and rca cables are running right along each other. You will either need to run your power cable in a different place, or put wire flum around the rca cables all the way from front to back. Flum is expensive though, so the cheeper way is to rerun the power cable to another side, where there are no rca, or speakers wires that are close to it. Once this is checked off, go to the trunk, and make sure that the speaker, and rca cables are on one side, and the power, ground, and rem wires are on the other side. If not then rerun accordingly so that they are seperate from each other. If you need to flum any of these, do so. Also while you are back in the trunk, trace your ground wire, and make sure that this is grounded correclty, and is actually touching metal. What you are looking for is an area where it looks like the paint was ground down to metal. If this is good, then that should take care of noise. If not, then the only other thing I can think of, is that the voltage coming from the HU is not strong enough to drown out the noise. I almost forgot.... the reason you want the cables sepereated is, so that the power cable does not interfer with the signal from the the rca's. As power is being transfered from battery to amp, it is more or less pulsing the whole time, and this "field" around the power cable can (if other cables are close) bleed into other cables. Also running the cables at 90 degrees cross will help mitigate the noise interfereance. Hope this helps. Keep us posted on your result.

Thanks
    Last edited by KaosTsoc; 11-08-2011 at 03:38 PM.
    2006 Prerunner Access Cab
    5 Speed 4 cycl 2wd

Audio:
    Pioneer P860 Head Unit
    Polk Audio MM6501
    Alpine PDX F-6
    Two SR124(SVC)
    Alpine PDX M12
    Kinetik HC2000 battery and Sleeve
    200 Amp Mean Green High Output Alternator

Need a DJ, photobooth, or both for rent?

http://photoboothdallas.org

Well, I have everything set and the whole system is done (for now). I appreciate every ones help. Sounds good. I returned the 5.25 polk dxis for a pair of 6.5 Kenwood Excelon KFC-X1730P. When I talked to some one at crutchfield they told me that they would deliver the bass kick I want. Well, I do get a bit more bass but I am not really sure if the sound quality is any better. Those polks sounded amazing, even for the smaller size of them. Hopefully once these get broken in and I mess with the angeling of the tweeters and eq it will sound great. I also had a lot of trouble fitting these into the doors. They say they fit with a bracket but unfortunately it doesnt. The 1 on the right door is just attached to the metal panel while the left one is on a bracket. Somehow the holes do not match each other its weird. Either way, they do sound good, just not sure if they are AS good as the dxis i had. I would have gone with more polks but unfortunately the polk 6.5s dont fit my door so I had to choose another brand. Hopefully they'll work out.

There is series, and parallal, but for just hooking up one sub woofer you dont need to do this. Just hook up positive from sub to positive on channel 3, then negative from sub to negative on channel 4. Dont' worry you will be fine, and the sub will, and can take it.

Thread Information