Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 23 of 23
  1. #1

    Member Sales Rating: (10)

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Magnolia, NJ
    Posts
    4,084

    Default Auditioning Morrow Audio Cables!

    I finally got around to pulling the trigger & ordered some Morrow Cables. The MA2 IC's & the SP2 speaker cables. He gets stellar reviews & I like his designs. I'll use his 60 day return policy to give them a workout. More to follow.
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "
    Panny 65" 3D Plasma
    Yamaha AVENTAGE RX-A3010 AVR
    D>SONIC M2-600M mono's / mains
    Rotel RMB-1095 / 5 channel amp
    Rotel RMB-1075 / 5 channel amp
    TEAC UD - 501 DAC
    Oppo BDP-93
    SONOS System
    KEF Q900 / mains
    KEF Q600 / center
    KEF Q800 / surrounds
    KEF Q100 / rear surr.
    Def Tech ProMonitor 1000 / front & rear presence
    Velodyne SPL-1200R subs / dual pair
    DSPeaker Anti-Mode 8033 sub EQ
    Equitech Balanced Power Son of Q 1.5R
    Extensive room treatments

  2. #2

    Member Sales Rating: (49)

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Wyred 4 Sound
    Posts
    11,240

    Default

    Any pics???
    No Way But The Hard Way, So Get Used To It!!!

  3. #3

    Member Sales Rating: (10)

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Magnolia, NJ
    Posts
    4,084

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TOOLFORLIFEFAN View Post
    Any pics???
    Just ordered them on Sunday. Should arrive shortly.
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "
    Panny 65" 3D Plasma
    Yamaha AVENTAGE RX-A3010 AVR
    D>SONIC M2-600M mono's / mains
    Rotel RMB-1095 / 5 channel amp
    Rotel RMB-1075 / 5 channel amp
    TEAC UD - 501 DAC
    Oppo BDP-93
    SONOS System
    KEF Q900 / mains
    KEF Q600 / center
    KEF Q800 / surrounds
    KEF Q100 / rear surr.
    Def Tech ProMonitor 1000 / front & rear presence
    Velodyne SPL-1200R subs / dual pair
    DSPeaker Anti-Mode 8033 sub EQ
    Equitech Balanced Power Son of Q 1.5R
    Extensive room treatments

  4. #4

    Member Sales Rating: (16)

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Andromeda
    Posts
    14,418

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TOOLFORLIFEFAN View Post
    Any pics???
    http://www.audiosold.com/cables.htm

  5. #5

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    516

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Keiko View Post



    These won't work at all.............they've removed the little box on the speaker end and I didn't see any directional arrows
    TO ERR IS HUMAN. TO FORGIVE IS CANINE.

  6. #6

    Member Sales Rating: (58)

    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    6 Underground
    Posts
    25,306

    Default

    I've heard them, they sound good but nothing above and beyond the price level. I think somebody was selling these on the forum at some point in the past year.

    Good luck and it is a very well made IC with a solid theory behind the design.

  7. #7

    Member Sales Rating: (10)

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Magnolia, NJ
    Posts
    4,084

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dorokusai View Post
    I've heard them, they sound good but nothing above and beyond the price level. I think somebody was selling these on the forum at some point in the past year.

    Good luck and it is a very well made IC with a solid theory behind the design.
    I'm not a fan of stranded conductors with a lot of insulation & decorative wrapping, they wind up looking like garden hoses. And the sound from stranded conductors just doesn't get it right in my book. Of course your mileage will vary. I much prefer solid core conductors & Mike uses thin wire & varies his wire guage within his design & uses as little insulation as possible. I believe that less is more when it comes to cables. I'm quite anxious to get them in my system & give them a whirl. I'm presently using Mapleshade Double Helix which is solid core & extremely thin also. It sounds incredible...but the Morrows were calling for an audition. Hours of fun lie ahead.
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "
    Panny 65" 3D Plasma
    Yamaha AVENTAGE RX-A3010 AVR
    D>SONIC M2-600M mono's / mains
    Rotel RMB-1095 / 5 channel amp
    Rotel RMB-1075 / 5 channel amp
    TEAC UD - 501 DAC
    Oppo BDP-93
    SONOS System
    KEF Q900 / mains
    KEF Q600 / center
    KEF Q800 / surrounds
    KEF Q100 / rear surr.
    Def Tech ProMonitor 1000 / front & rear presence
    Velodyne SPL-1200R subs / dual pair
    DSPeaker Anti-Mode 8033 sub EQ
    Equitech Balanced Power Son of Q 1.5R
    Extensive room treatments

  8. #8

    Member Sales Rating: (37)

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    N.E. Ohio
    Posts
    5,378

    Default

    I've heard good things about Morrow's Reference (4) and Grand Reference (5, 6, 7) lines. It will be good to get some input on the 2's. At those prices and with 60 days and nothing to lose but postaqge, it would be easy to climb the ladder to a higher model if necessary.
    VTL ST50 w/mods/RCA6L6GC/TlfnknECC801S
    CJPV-5 w/mods
    TT CJ Sonographe SG3 Oak/Sumiko LMT/Grado Wood Plat/Sumiko PIB2/The Clamp
    Musical Fidelity A1 CDPro
    Tuners w/mods Kenwood KT5020/Fisher KM60
    MF x-DAC V8, HAInfo NG27
    Herbies Ti-9/Vibrapods/MIT Shtgn AC1 IEC's/MIT Shotgun 2 IC's/MIT Shtgn 2 Speaker
    PSAudio Cryo PwrPrt Prem/ExctPwrEP15A
    Wlnt SDA 2B TL/Oak SDA SRS II TL-Sonicaps/Mills/Cardas/Cust SDA ICs/Mortite/Dynamat Extreme/TFLF Rings/FSB-2 Spikes
    NAD SS rigs w/mods
    GIK panels

  9. #9

    Member Sales Rating: (8)

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,306

    Default

    Phil, look forward to your opinions. I enjoyed the MS Double Helix. I almost regret giving them up. They were a VERY close 2nd to the WW's I'm using now for a fraction of the cost.

    I wish I could remember who I gave them to. He owes a review here for the wires.

    Gordon
    2 Channel -
    Martin Logan Spire, 2 JL Audio F112 subs
    McIntosh C1000 Controller with Tube pre amp, 2 MC501 amplifiers, MD1K Transport & DAC, MR-88 Tuner
    WireWorld Eclipse 6.0 speaker wire and jumpers, Eclipse 5^2 Squared Balanced IC's. Silver Eclipse PCs (5)
    Symposium Rollerblocks 2+ (16)Black Diamond Racing Mk 3 pits (8)

  10. #10

    Member Sales Rating: (10)

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Magnolia, NJ
    Posts
    4,084

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by inspiredsports View Post
    I've heard good things about Morrow's Reference (4) and Grand Reference (5, 6, 7) lines. It will be good to get some input on the 2's. At those prices and with 60 days and nothing to lose but postaqge, it would be easy to climb the ladder to a higher model if necessary.
    I was going to start off with the Ref 4's but decided to give the 2's a listen first. Mike has a great upgrade program that lets you get the full 100% of your purchase as you move up his cable ladder if you so choose. There is no time limit either. To be honest though the Mapleshade Double Helix is still my favorite without listening to Mike's cables. I'm looking forward to this competition.
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "
    Panny 65" 3D Plasma
    Yamaha AVENTAGE RX-A3010 AVR
    D>SONIC M2-600M mono's / mains
    Rotel RMB-1095 / 5 channel amp
    Rotel RMB-1075 / 5 channel amp
    TEAC UD - 501 DAC
    Oppo BDP-93
    SONOS System
    KEF Q900 / mains
    KEF Q600 / center
    KEF Q800 / surrounds
    KEF Q100 / rear surr.
    Def Tech ProMonitor 1000 / front & rear presence
    Velodyne SPL-1200R subs / dual pair
    DSPeaker Anti-Mode 8033 sub EQ
    Equitech Balanced Power Son of Q 1.5R
    Extensive room treatments

  11. #11

    Member Sales Rating: (10)

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Magnolia, NJ
    Posts
    4,084

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Phil, look forward to your opinions. I enjoyed the MS Double Helix. I almost regret giving them up. They were a VERY close 2nd to the WW's I'm using now for a fraction of the cost.

    I wish I could remember who I gave them to. He owes a review here for the wires.

    Gordon
    Gordon, this should be a lot of fun. But I have to tell you, as you well know those MS Double Helix cables are top notch in their performance. A lot of guys simply scoff at them because of how skinny they are but once you hear them that perception gets lost real quick. Mike's design is very similar...very small guage, bare minimun insulation but pure sound. I'll leave my garden hose outside.
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "
    Panny 65" 3D Plasma
    Yamaha AVENTAGE RX-A3010 AVR
    D>SONIC M2-600M mono's / mains
    Rotel RMB-1095 / 5 channel amp
    Rotel RMB-1075 / 5 channel amp
    TEAC UD - 501 DAC
    Oppo BDP-93
    SONOS System
    KEF Q900 / mains
    KEF Q600 / center
    KEF Q800 / surrounds
    KEF Q100 / rear surr.
    Def Tech ProMonitor 1000 / front & rear presence
    Velodyne SPL-1200R subs / dual pair
    DSPeaker Anti-Mode 8033 sub EQ
    Equitech Balanced Power Son of Q 1.5R
    Extensive room treatments

  12. #12

    Member Sales Rating: (10)

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Walker. Louisiana
    Posts
    985

    Default

    I've considered trying some out several times so i'm very interested to hear your results.
    Living Room Rig:D
    Rotel RSP-1069/Rotel RMB-1095/Rotel-1072/Polk lsI15's W/modded xoverW/DBsubs/Polk LsiC/lsI7's/Klipsch sub-12"the weak link"/DLP Mitsubishi 65"
    Xbox360/PS3/WII
    M.Br. setup:)
    Emotiva MMC-1/Rotel RMB-1075/Polk BlackStone TL350's/Velodyne SPL1000/Samsung 51" Plasma
    Computer Rig:
    Rotel RB1050/Tannoy DC4's/Klipsch RW-10d/ImodIpod/HK AVR230 for now....
    Headphones-Ultrasone-HFI780's w/LittleDot MK Vamp Portables Panasonic HJE-900's

  13. #13

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    99

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pearsall001 View Post
    I finally got around to pulling the trigger & ordered some Morrow Cables. The MA2 IC's & the SP2 speaker cables. He gets stellar reviews & I like his designs. I'll use his 60 day return policy to give them a workout. More to follow.
    Hi, did you get a chance to speak with Mike? Two years back when looking to upgrade my AQ cv6/gr8 combo, I discovered Morrow Audio, upon speaking with Mike who is a very nice guy ! I wanted to started with the Sp2's but after discussing my set up Mike suggested the Sp3 biwired for my Halo A21 because of high current demands. I noticed the Rotel 1095 which is no slouch of an amp, however it may play well with the Sp2's. if you find the Sp2's lacking bottom end , don't hesitate to try the Sp3's before moving further upwards, many believe the Sp3's are the sweet spot of the line up. Last year I decided to try some of Mikes interconnects I started with the Ma2's and found a glorious midrange and clean highs but a little to lite in the lower octaves, funny thing the two wire Ma1 had what seemed to be a fuller bottom end but lacked the beautiful mids and highs of the Ma2's, this had me thinking "Man only if you could get the best of both cables in one" Thanks to the generous upgrade plan I sent the Ma2's back and got the Ma3 xlr's and like magic it was the best of both and then some A word of advice! don't take the burn in recommended by Mike lightly! the will need the 400 hrs to bloom and when they do Oh man, They will take your rig up a notch,never have I heard a more silent cable that can be warm, neutral and deliver powerful dynamics that make you look at them dumb founded because of there size If you have any questions on what to expect let me know. Have fun and congrats on your new cables!

  14. #14

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Silicon Valley
    Posts
    6,144

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pearsall001 View Post
    Gordon, this should be a lot of fun. But I have to tell you, as you well know those MS Double Helix cables are top notch in their performance. A lot of guys simply scoff at them because of how skinny they are but once you hear them that perception gets lost real quick. Mike's design is very similar...very small guage, bare minimun insulation but pure sound. I'll leave my garden hose outside.
    Just as a side-note, I am a Mapleshade fan. Their Double Helix with Plus was my first good speaker wire in the 2 channel system, and as soon as I installed them I heard the improvement. Later I acquired a Double Helix digital cable, and the UltraThin analog cables for my HT. The digital cable replaced the stock digital cable that came with my Wadia in the 2 channel system, and the UltraThin analog cables replaced my Radio Shack RCA cables in the HT. Each one was a very positive step up.

    However, I have to admit the fragility of the cables bothered me, especially since I have cats. While the cats only damaged my Planar V speaker cable (upgrade from the Double Helix), I managed to break the Double Helix speaker wires and analog cables in the HT more than once. Anyway, in the HT, my center channel would occasionally sound scratchy, and I thought it was the electronics going bad. Later, I went on an MIT upgrade spree, and replaced the UltraThin analog ICs in the HT with MIT CVT Terminator 1 cables. These cables have RCA connectors that you can tighten, and the Mapleshade RCA connectors are thin and irregular in shape. Once I went went with the MIT cables, the scratchy center disappeared, and all the other channels became clearer and more detailed. I suspect the better RCA connections had something to do with the improvement.

    Please don't misunderstand me. I am not saying Mapleshade is bad. They are great, especially when you consider the price. One of the best bang for the buck deals around. However, other than the Clearview speaker wire in the HT, I have replaced all my Mapleshade with either MIT ICs, or Shunyata speaker cables. Aside from having even better sound, these new cables are harder for a clumsy oaf such as myself to break.
    Last edited by BlueFox; 10-27-2011 at 04:38 AM.

  15. #15

    Member Sales Rating: (58)

    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    6 Underground
    Posts
    25,306

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pearsall001 View Post
    I'm not a fan of stranded conductors with a lot of insulation & decorative wrapping, they wind up looking like garden hoses. And the sound from stranded conductors just doesn't get it right in my book. Of course your mileage will vary. I much prefer solid core conductors & Mike uses thin wire & varies his wire guage within his design & uses as little insulation as possible. I believe that less is more when it comes to cables. I'm quite anxious to get them in my system & give them a whirl. I'm presently using Mapleshade Double Helix which is solid core & extremely thin also. It sounds incredible...but the Morrows were calling for an audition. Hours of fun lie ahead.
    Agreed Pearsall and I'd never pass up an attempt to try something out, have fun with it. I believe Mike's using a variable litz design...but not positive. They should sound better than the Mapleshade of which I'm not a fan of interconnect wise but the speaker cable is actually quite good.

  16. #16

    Member Sales Rating: (10)

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Magnolia, NJ
    Posts
    4,084

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dorokusai View Post
    Agreed Pearsall and I'd never pass up an attempt to try something out, have fun with it. I believe Mike's using a variable litz design...but not positive. They should sound better than the Mapleshade of which I'm not a fan of interconnect wise but the speaker cable is actually quite good.
    I never got around to trying the MS IC's...but the Double Helix (PLUS version is what I have) is extremely good to say the least. I do have one of Mapleshades power strips feeding my SONOS, DAC & Tube buffer. I'm not kidding when I tell you that things were kicked up quite a few notches as opposed to the wall socket. At first I didn't believe it until I did a switch a few times & everytime my conclusion was the same...the power strip was for real.
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "
    Panny 65" 3D Plasma
    Yamaha AVENTAGE RX-A3010 AVR
    D>SONIC M2-600M mono's / mains
    Rotel RMB-1095 / 5 channel amp
    Rotel RMB-1075 / 5 channel amp
    TEAC UD - 501 DAC
    Oppo BDP-93
    SONOS System
    KEF Q900 / mains
    KEF Q600 / center
    KEF Q800 / surrounds
    KEF Q100 / rear surr.
    Def Tech ProMonitor 1000 / front & rear presence
    Velodyne SPL-1200R subs / dual pair
    DSPeaker Anti-Mode 8033 sub EQ
    Equitech Balanced Power Son of Q 1.5R
    Extensive room treatments

  17. #17

    Member Sales Rating: (7)

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    3,417

    Default

    Pearsall
    Whatever happened to your Morrow's?? I know this thread is old but am curious on any of your findings on the Morrows.
    Thanks
    Drew

  18. #18

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    896

    Default

    I don't know about the OP review but I can give you my opinion... I have a Yamaha RX-2400 AVR connected to a Yamaha DVD S2300MKII DVD player. They are driving a pair of Magneplanar 1.6QRs. I use this only in stereo mode for audio only, no HT use. Granted, the system is quite old but it does its job.

    Originally, the system was hooked up to generic cables. I upgraded to Monsters M1000(?) interconnects and Monster 1.2(?) speaker cables. Then was a subtle improvement in the audio, but you would really have to listen to hear the difference. In my mind, the improvements were not enough to warrant looking into Monster again.

    I then upgraded to Morrow Cables. I bought the MA3 interconnects and the SP2 speaker cables. After six months of steady use, I can say there was minimal difference. There was some improvement in imaging and a wee bit improvement in clarity.

    On a sidenote, an Audioquest rep did an in-store demo one day which I attended. He used different cables connecting to the same hardware. To eliminate any issues, he used cables off the shelf from the dealer. He did not use a switchbox but physically swapped the cables out one by one. He used a laptop as a source playing back uncompressed music files, going through the laptop's outputs and then used their Dragonfly DAC. The improvement using the Dragonfly was immediate and substantial. The Dragonfly output was routed to a self-amplified studio monitor via cable.

    The rep then replaced the standard cable with a cheaper AQ cable. The improvement was again noticeable. As he moved up through the AQ line, improvements were incremental but still noticeable. The music opened up, with more detail and clarity. This is what made me decide to try the diamondback. A friend had upgraded his Diamondback to a higher priced AQ cable and let me borrow it.

    I got the Audioquest Diamondback interconnect and replaced the Morrow MA3. I can honestly say that there was some notable improvement over the Morrows. There definitely was improvement in the imaging... When listening to a live concert disc (Alison Krause), the Morrows sounded flat dimensionally. The audience on the Audioquest sounded more in the back than being on the same plane as the musician. There was also an increase in detail and clarity. The increase in performance with the Audioquest was more noticeable than going from the Monster to the Morrows. At first, you think the difference was subtle but as you listen in closer, you actually notice the differences. I ended up playing a lot of other discs for a few hours noticing the improvement.

    I am now ordering a pair of Audioquest Yukon interconnects and a pair of Rocket 44 speaker cables, about $750 total. I think it will be a worthwhile investment.

    Later, I am planning to swap out the Yamaha system and try a Marantz PM7200 class-A amp and a Oppo BDP-83SE with the ESS 9016 DACs... Once I get the system up and running I will update this review...
    Last edited by jon s; 10-10-2013 at 03:43 PM.

  19. #19

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    6,148

    Default

    jon, have you looked into treating your room? If not, I think that would be a more beneficial use of those funds. What may appear as slight improvements in an untreated room become glaring improvements in a treated room.
    Usher CP-6311, Shuguang S200MK, Shuguang S845MK, Pioneer BDP-51fd, Essence Audio HDACC, Douglas IC's, Douglas Alpha bi-wire SC's, Pangea/Douglas PC's, Epson 8100

  20. #20

    Member Sales Rating: (14)

    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Pa
    Posts
    13,547

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jon s View Post
    I don't know about the OP review but I can give you my opinion... I have a Yamaha RX-2400 AVR connected to a Yamaha DVD S2300MKII DVD player. They are driving a pair of Magneplanar 1.6QRs. I use this only in stereo mode for audio only, no HT use. Granted, the system is quite old but it does its job.

    Originally, the system was hooked up to generic cables. I upgraded to Monsters M1000(?) interconnects and Monster 1.2(?) speaker cables. Then was a subtle improvement in the audio, but you would really have to listen to hear the difference. In my mind, the improvements were not enough to warrant looking into Monster again.

    I then upgraded to Morrow Cables. I bought the MA3 interconnects and the SP2 speaker cables. After six months of steady use, I can say there was minimal difference. There was some improvement in imaging and a wee bit improvement in clarity.

    On a sidenote, an Audioquest rep did an in-store demo one day which I attended. He used different cables connecting to the same hardware. To eliminate any issues, he used cables off the shelf from the dealer. He did not use a switchbox but physically swapped the cables out one by one. He used a laptop as a source playing back uncompressed music files, going through the laptop's outputs and then used their Dragonfly DAC. The improvement using the Dragonfly was immediate and substantial. The Dragonfly output was routed to a self-amplified studio monitor via cable.

    The rep then replaced the standard cable with a cheaper AQ cable. The improvement was again noticeable. As he moved up through the AQ line, improvements were incremental but still noticeable. The music opened up, with more detail and clarity. This is what made me decide to try the diamondback. A friend had upgraded his Diamondback to a higher priced AQ cable and let me borrow it.

    I got the Audioquest Diamondback interconnect and replaced the Morrow MA3. I can honestly say that there was some notable improvement over the Morrows. There definitely was improvement in the imaging... When listening to a live concert disc (Alison Krause), the Morrows sounded flat dimensionally. The audience on the Audioquest sounded more in the back than being on the same plane as the musician. There was also an increase in detail and clarity. The increase in performance with the Audioquest was more noticeable than going from the Monster to the Morrows. At first, you think the difference was subtle but as you listen in closer, you actually notice the differences. I ended up playing a lot of other discs for a few hours noticing the improvement.

    I am now ordering a pair of Audioquest Yukon interconnects and a pair of Rocket 44 speaker cables, about $750 total. I think it will be a worthwhile investment.

    Later, I am planning to swap out the Yamaha system and try a Marantz PM7200 class-A amp and a Oppo BDP-83SE with the ESS 9016 DACs... Once I get the system up and running I will update this review...
    I've done many wire shootouts , owned many different kinds myself and to this day I find Audioquest unbeatable. They build from entry level to reference cables to an exact spec. They get it right from the ground up.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.

  21. #21

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    896

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DSkip View Post
    jon, have you looked into treating your room? If not, I think that would be a more beneficial use of those funds. What may appear as slight improvements in an untreated room become glaring improvements in a treated room.
    I don't think treating a room would improve clarity and detail. It would help in eliminating dead spots or peaks in certain areas. The point is without any other changes, the AQ cable made a significant enough of a change for me to warrant buying more cables. The Diamondbacks I/Cs are "only" $170. The Yukons I ordered are $300. IIRC, I paid about $500 for the Morrows.

  22. #22

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    6,148

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jon s View Post
    I don't think treating a room would improve clarity and detail.
    Have you ever heard a treated room? This is EXACTLY what it does brother. It does the other things as well, but eliminating reflections is the biggest benefit of treatments.


    You will never hear the true quality of your components until you treat your room. Until that point, you're hearing more of your room than your gear.
    Last edited by DSkip; 10-10-2013 at 07:21 PM.
    Usher CP-6311, Shuguang S200MK, Shuguang S845MK, Pioneer BDP-51fd, Essence Audio HDACC, Douglas IC's, Douglas Alpha bi-wire SC's, Pangea/Douglas PC's, Epson 8100

  23. #23

    Member Sales Rating: (10)

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Magnolia, NJ
    Posts
    4,084

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NJPOLKER View Post
    Pearsall
    Whatever happened to your Morrow's?? I know this thread is old but am curious on any of your findings on the Morrows.
    Thanks
    Drew
    I really enjoyed the Morrow's for the time I had them in my system. I talked to Mike a few times & it was always a very enjoyable conversation. He is very passionate about his cables, & he should be. I was going to move up the chain with another pair of his cables but as things go in the audio world I started to read some really nice things about Grover Huffman. I did some extensive research & liked what I read so instead going with more of Morrow's cables I decided to try Grover's cables, IC'c & his digital cable. To this day they are still here serving me well. My speaker cables are a pair of LAT International SS-1000 MK II cables w/ locking bananas. Both the Morrow's & Grover's cables are excellent in their performance. They are not laid back nor are they aggressive...they simply move the music along without adding or subtracting anything. I don't like cables that add a flavor into the mix, that's not what they're supposed to do. For years now I always wanted to try the LAT speaker cables, the timing was right when I went with Grover's IC's so I decided to go with the LAT speaker cables. The combination is awesome, everything jells together nicely. But who knows maybe one of these days I'll give Grover's speaker cables a shot. With my personal experience I can highly recommend Morrow, Grover Huffman & LAT as great companies with equally great products. Have some fun give them all a try.

    http://www.groverhuffman.com/speakercables
    http://www.latinternational.com/inde...r%20cable.html
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "
    Panny 65" 3D Plasma
    Yamaha AVENTAGE RX-A3010 AVR
    D>SONIC M2-600M mono's / mains
    Rotel RMB-1095 / 5 channel amp
    Rotel RMB-1075 / 5 channel amp
    TEAC UD - 501 DAC
    Oppo BDP-93
    SONOS System
    KEF Q900 / mains
    KEF Q600 / center
    KEF Q800 / surrounds
    KEF Q100 / rear surr.
    Def Tech ProMonitor 1000 / front & rear presence
    Velodyne SPL-1200R subs / dual pair
    DSPeaker Anti-Mode 8033 sub EQ
    Equitech Balanced Power Son of Q 1.5R
    Extensive room treatments

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. FYI Just Won a pair of Morrow Audio speaker cables!
    By danz1906 in forum Speakers
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 08-02-2009, 09:54 AM
  2. Kick-ass speaker cables (Morrow Audio)
    By Zero in forum For Sale (FS) Classifieds
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-20-2009, 08:17 AM
  3. Morrow Audio get together
    By Ricardo in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-16-2008, 01:00 PM
  4. Morrow Audio Cables
    By NJPOLKER in forum Speakers
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-17-2008, 09:45 PM
  5. Auditioning new speakers
    By madmax in forum 2 Channel Audio
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 01-30-2008, 01:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts