Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default WTB - Speakers for 2 Channel Setup

Hey guys,

I want to pull my Rotel RCD1070 and Musical Fidelity A3 integrated out of my HT and setup a separate 2 channel system.

I'm looking for a temporary set of speakers (until I can offord to get some killer speaks) that would compliment my gear, floorstanding or bookshelf, vintage or not, whatever. ;)

My budget is roughly $500US + shipping.
    SDA-2a, Anthem Pre-2L, Anthem Amp 1, MF A324 DAC, Rotel RCD1070

Senn HD650 Cardas, Mapletree Audio Ear+ HD2, Kimber KS1030, Bel Canto DAC2, M-Audio Transit, Laptop.

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Hi,

I've got a vintage pair of Celestion speakers (bookshelf), that I'd be willing to part with (for much less than $500.00). I've also got a pair of Oak speaker stands to go with them. The speakers are in good condition. If you are interested, I can give you some more specifics.

Ray
    Mains: Polk RTiA3's
    Center: Polk CSi40
    Surrounds: Polk FXi30s
    Sub: SVS SB12 Plus
    Receiver: Denon AVR-3805
    DVD: Sony Sony DVP-NC800H
    TV: Panasonic TC-P46G10
    Blu-ray: Panasonic DMP-BD60K
    Entertainment Center: Standout Designs Horizon N702
    Misc: AppleTV, Technics Turntable, Linksys by Cisco WET610N Wireless-N Ethernet Bridge with Dual-Band

Member Sales Rating: (58)

Those SDA2's that were for sale still are to the best of my knowledge...how about them? A pair of Monitor 10's was also in the flea market...both are vintage and would be cool. Both are local to me if you would like some eyes on them.

Are the SDA2's a big leap from the RT1000i?

What model of Celestions are we talking?

Senn HD650 Cardas, Mapletree Audio Ear+ HD2, Kimber KS1030, Bel Canto DAC2, M-Audio Transit, Laptop.

Member Sales Rating: (1)

The Celestions are either DL6 or DL8 (pretty sure they are DL8s) circa 1988. These are what I used as main speakers before switching to Polks.
    Mains: Polk RTiA3's
    Center: Polk CSi40
    Surrounds: Polk FXi30s
    Sub: SVS SB12 Plus
    Receiver: Denon AVR-3805
    DVD: Sony Sony DVP-NC800H
    TV: Panasonic TC-P46G10
    Blu-ray: Panasonic DMP-BD60K
    Entertainment Center: Standout Designs Horizon N702
    Misc: AppleTV, Technics Turntable, Linksys by Cisco WET610N Wireless-N Ethernet Bridge with Dual-Band

Member Sales Rating: (13)

Any SDA speaker is a big leap compared to anything Polk has made since, IMHO.
    'Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Member Sales Rating: (27)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by F1nut [/i]
    [B]Any SDA speaker is a big leap compared to anything Polk has made since, IMHO. [/B][/QUOTE]

If they all sound similar to the SRT. Then I agree with that. HFMOG! Them things are AWESOME!
    www.Vr3Mods.com ///// www.Version3Audio.com

"No, that's silly talk. Dude, you can't possibly be this audio dumb so quit the act." - Doro

Member Sales Rating: (2)

Call Greg at Sound Advice in Shebly NC, the number is 1-704 482-6456, for your 500 dollar budget, I think he can set you up with some nice speakers. He carries or can get 60 different lines of speakers. He has he Pinnacle Black Diamonds there, and at a very nice price. I love those speakers, awesome. :D Also has some Audio Pro, Acoustic energy, Warfedale Evos, just to name a few.
    Last edited by Terrax; 09-27-2003 at 12:38 AM.

I appreciate the info but I'm up in Northern Ontario and shipping would most likely take a nice dent in my budget, I don't know.

I PM'd you but I figured I would post here as well.
    I am running out of room and I have 2 pair of speakers I could let go, looking to clear the space either pair used to occupy.
    I am in California, so shipping them may be a deturrent but maybe with a crating company or something it would be cheaper.
    Take care. Mike

Thread Information