Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (4)

Default Great generosity and some great members we have here! Thanks!

Hi everyone,

I know this is long overdue and I've been extremely busy with work over the past 3 weeks, but I feel the following is necessary due to the generosity I've received from this forum:

First, when I arrived in Orlando, FL a little mishap occurred since the taxi driver was unable to find Steve's house. Almost $50 of taxi fare and 1/2 an hour later and he still can't find the place? Start to get worried. That's OK though, I'm thinking I'll go to an ATM and grab some cash to find another taxi who knows which way he is going and doesn't get me lost again. I have him stop at the hotel and unload my baggage.

Well, I call Steve (who is a great host BTW), says someone will come to the hotel to pick me up and in just a few minutes, George Daniel arrives with his wife and greets me at the hotel. Very nice folks and very friendly!

That same night Ted (reeltrouble1) gives me a ride back to the hotel as I had a bit of a cold. Didn't really want to be a complainer, but after sitting 24 hours with people around coughing, I think I am going to sleep for the night.

Next morning Lou (ohskigod) drives me to PolkFest and on the way there we stopped for breakfast. Awesome meal and great folks. Thanks!

Day 2 of PolkFest, I get treated to some great American food by disneyjoe7 and his wife, along with a generous DSWPro550WI subwoofer from Polk. George Daniel gives me a ride back with the sub in his SUV, I offered to pay, he refused. You didn't have to do that. Really. I feel like I owe you something in the future if you ever come to NY for a gathering.

24 hours later in Penn Station, NY a very nice baggage porter offers to help me with the sub, noticing that I'm carrying 2 bags and a camera with hands full. I'm fine though, and thank him for his offer. Got back 2 hours later and had work the next day, so never got a chance to post this until now.

Again, thanks everyone!!

I really enjoy the pay it forward mentality and thought of you guys when I pulled over today and offered to help someone change a flat tire.

Member Sales Rating: (47)

eh,, let's get a face with that name.
    Thank you for the kind words.
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)

Well then you'll just have to come out to the NYC gathering to find out.

Stay tuned. I'll post a thread when I get the chance and can find a place to do this at.

Will most likely be in the Metro Area (meaning easily accessible by bus/train/airport/whatever)

Quote Originally Posted by george daniel View Post
    eh,, let's get a face with that name.
    Thank you for the kind words.
    You mean like this face?

That kid on the right, that's Alex, aka Serendipity.
    You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!

Member Sales Rating: (16)

Good times!

Member Sales Rating: (6)

Alex, Thanks for the kind words. It was a nice time, and Iove the fact you liked the food.

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Serendipity View Post
    Hi everyone,

I know this is long overdue and I've been extremely busy with work over the past 3 weeks, but I feel the following is necessary due to the generosity I've received from this forum:

First, when I arrived in Orlando, FL a little mishap occurred since the taxi driver was unable to find Steve's house. Almost $50 of taxi fare and 1/2 an hour later and he still can't find the place? Start to get worried. That's OK though, I'm thinking I'll go to an ATM and grab some cash to find another taxi who knows which way he is going and doesn't get me lost again. I have him stop at the hotel and unload my baggage.

Well, I call Steve (who is a great host BTW), says someone will come to the hotel to pick me up and in just a few minutes, George Daniel arrives with his wife and greets me at the hotel. Very nice folks and very friendly!

That same night Ted (reeltrouble1) gives me a ride back to the hotel as I had a bit of a cold. Didn't really want to be a complainer, but after sitting 24 hours with people around coughing, I think I am going to sleep for the night.

Next morning Lou (ohskigod) drives me to PolkFest and on the way there we stopped for breakfast. Awesome meal and great folks. Thanks!

Day 2 of PolkFest, I get treated to some great American food by disneyjoe7 and his wife, along with a generous DSWPro550WI subwoofer from Polk. George Daniel gives me a ride back with the sub in his SUV, I offered to pay, he refused. You didn't have to do that. Really. I feel like I owe you something in the future if you ever come to NY for a gathering.

24 hours later in Penn Station, NY a very nice baggage porter offers to help me with the sub, noticing that I'm carrying 2 bags and a camera with hands full. I'm fine though, and thank him for his offer. Got back 2 hours later and had work the next day, so never got a chance to post this until now.

Again, thanks everyone!!

I really enjoy the pay it forward mentality and thought of you guys when I pulled over today and offered to help someone change a flat tire.

Awwww, tear.

Member Sales Rating: (19)

Alex, it was great to meet you.
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.

Quote Originally Posted by Jstas View Post
    You mean like this face?

Fixed it.
    Name:  serdip.JPG
Views: 101
Size:  91.6 KB

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Jstas View Post
    You mean like this face?

Begging for more beer Alex?
    DARE TO SOAR:
    “Your attitude, almost always determine your altitude in life” ;)

Thread Information