Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default MediaMonkey + Iphone

So my wife just informed me she got me a 16 gig Iphone that should be here next week. So here is what I am needing info wise.

I need to know how to setup MediaMonkey as the program my Iphone libraby sync's with (rather than iTunes) as well as how to just sync certain songs/artists as I have waaaayyyy more than 16 gigs of music (and lots of it isnt mine, and lots I dont want on my Iphone). I also need to know the prefered bitrate/settings for Apples stuff (I think its Apple Lossless??) for converting my FLAC files. I realize my MP3's are a lost cause in regards to being "lossless"...

I know jack crap about Apple as I have been a Zune guy and have everything in either MP3 or FLAC format currently.

Any tips/hints/suggestions on transporting my library over & managing it would be appreciated.

P.S. CodyClark1.... yes the joke is finally on me..... I have an Apple product and I just have to deal with that internal conflict lol.....

You've shamed me. Apologize to your Zune!

Quote Originally Posted by Drenis View Post
    You've shamed me. Apologize to your Zune!
    LOL.... it might be up for sale soon so I can upgrade something else lol....

The Iphone just helps me along on a couple different fronts:

1. Works with my current Headunit in my car via USB rather than Aux.
    2. It charged at the same time its playing so its one less cable.
    3. I can now use the remote for my headunit
    4. Pandora streaming can be controlled from the headunit in my car
    5. Replaces my LG Dare with something much better lol
    6. More games/apps than my Zune HD
    7. Replaces 2 devices with 1

So while internally I feel dirty now lol, this will help me in my car get some better sound quality, especially when I upgrade my headunit to the X995 (which has Time Alignment, DSP, and bypasses the DAC's in the Iphone with its better quality ones)...

I know all too well the benefits out way the cons for a iOS product and the compatibility. I hate to admit but I will probably be in those shoes down the road with Zune HD support dead and the Zune name going all software now. It really is amazing what can be done with Apple products now.

At most i would pick up a iTouch or iPad. Just dont care for the iOS phone platform. I'm still enjoying my crackberry.

Quote Originally Posted by Drenis View Post
    I'm still enjoying my crackberry.
    Both my wife and my aunt have gone from Crackberry's to Iphones and neither would ever go back given the choice. Just as an FYI.

Like you said, the physical Zune product is dead so you've eventually you got a decision to make.

For me I was either Android or Iphone. There are too many nice apps for either that are not in the Blackberry marketplace. I am also wanting a Logitech Squeezebox Touch and the app for the Iphone works quite good.

Member Sales Rating: (21)

Sorry can't help with the Apple stuff, but dB poweramp has a decent conversion program. I used it extensively for the free period then bought it for future use. I liked the feature that as I'm ripping files it I can extract it to various formats at the same time.

Scott
    Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid. ..... Frank Zappa

My Mid-Fi Systems - In The Showcase

Thread Information