Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Quote Originally Posted by nspindel View Post
    That's great. To be honest I don't think ive ever spoken to someone who hase disliked the squeezebox. Most people get it running fairly easily and love it after that. My advice is that now that youve got it running, buying a squeezebox radio should be your next move, and then buy an oem battery for it on eBay. It's great.
    You have to buy a seperate SB radio ? Doesn't it grab radio off the internet from around the world ?

Member Sales Rating: (14)

No, any Squeezebox can play Internet radio. Squeezebox Radio is a particular model Squeezebox.
    Good music, a good source, and good power can make SDA's sing. Tubes make them dance.

Member Sales Rating: (16)

Quote Originally Posted by tonyb View Post
    You have to buy a seperate SB radio ? Doesn't it grab radio off the internet from around the world ?
    Yes, but the Squeeze radio is a seperate unit. You can stream anything on any Squeeze product

I have one on my nightstand and it doubles as a clock radio as well. You can stream anything on it, including your music from your database. It's portable as well. I take mine out on my deck. Obviously you have to be within wireless range. I love it upstairs because I listen to radio programs as I fall asleep and I can rock out when I'm upstairs doing stuff. It's mono obviously, but it's a nice sounding unit with a seperate tweeter.

H9
    Last edited by heiney9; 05-11-2012 at 09:52 AM.
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass

Pass Aleph 30; Eastern Electric Mini Max; Adcom GDA600; MIT S3/Z Pc; SDA 1C; Squeezebox; Tubes add soul!

Forgive my ignorance, but if a regular SB touch can do the same thing, stream radio, why would you buy this particular unit ? Portability ? Thats the only reason I can see but if you have speakers outside, why couldn't you just use the SB touch ?

A SB touch is the equivalent of a cd player. You use it either via analog outs going into a preamp or a digital out to a dac. It's design is really intended to be a stationary unit in a hifi setup.

The Squeezebox Radio is basically like a clock radio. My wife and I both have one on our nightstands, and use it as our alarm clock. We both wake up to internet radio stations, but you could alternatively wake up to a playlist of your choice from your music library. It also has a battery that can be added at an additional cost that allows you to carry it around anywhere you want. I bring it into the bathroom while I'm showering/shaving, etc. I love the two SB Touches I have in my hifi setups and I love the Radio for a completely different application. Two very different products for very different purposes, but both are Squeezebox and use the same server software/library. So once you've already got the whole server side running for a Touch, adding a Radio is a breeze.
    Good music, a good source, and good power can make SDA's sing. Tubes make them dance.

I also have a Boom in my office that I quite like as well. Yes, I'm insane. I own 6 Squeezeboxes :)

Kinda expensive clock radio no ? I get it, everyone has a different use for it obviously. Not something that I personally would run out to buy or gotta have, but as a clock radio, eh I can see it.

I use it more often than just as an alarm clock. Given the amount of money i have invested in hifi equipment, this is a drop in the bucket for something that i use and enjoy as often as the SB Radio. I've spent more money on a single vacuum tube. Do your research and make your own decisions, but I haven't spoken to anyone who has not liked their SB Radio. How you decide to spend your money is purely up to you.

Quote Originally Posted by tonyb View Post
    Kinda expensive clock radio no ? I get it, everyone has a different use for it obviously. Not something that I personally would run out to buy or gotta have, but as a clock radio, eh I can see it.
    It's so much more than a "clock radio", and yes at full retail it is a luxury most don't need, but I had a 40% off coupon when I bought mine and I use it daily to stream talk radio and occasionally from my music server. Plus I can take it down in my workshop and stream music, out on the deck, etc. The portability is also what sold me. But AM reception for WGN can be spotty in my area with lots of interference and I can stream WGN on the Squeeze radio. I know I could do that through the Touch on the main rig, but honestly I don't want to turn on my main rig to listen to a little AM radio talk.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass

Pass Aleph 30; Eastern Electric Mini Max; Adcom GDA600; MIT S3/Z Pc; SDA 1C; Squeezebox; Tubes add soul!

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Does this thing have a line out?
    Craig
    Den: Rega RP6 , Jolida jd9ii , Jolida jd100 , SBTouch , W4S DAC1+ , Belles 20a , MIT Shotgun3 , WW Electra , Sunfire Sig II >> Polk SRS 1.2 (full upgrades, Dreadnought) , Schiit Valhalla >> HD600
    Office: MediaMonkey (wasapi) , Arcam rDac , Dared sl2000a , Pass Aleph 30 >> Revel Performa M22 , Dared MP-5 >> Hartley Reference Mini-Tower

Quote Originally Posted by vcwatkins View Post
    Does this thing have a line out?
    Craig
    No, but it does have a headphone jack. Not the best way to get a signal out, but doable depending on what your expectation is.

Thanks. Was thinking of using as clock radio/bedside hardwired controller for bedroom/bathroom system. Guess I could sync to a Touch. Hmmm....
    Den: Rega RP6 , Jolida jd9ii , Jolida jd100 , SBTouch , W4S DAC1+ , Belles 20a , MIT Shotgun3 , WW Electra , Sunfire Sig II >> Polk SRS 1.2 (full upgrades, Dreadnought) , Schiit Valhalla >> HD600
    Office: MediaMonkey (wasapi) , Arcam rDac , Dared sl2000a , Pass Aleph 30 >> Revel Performa M22 , Dared MP-5 >> Hartley Reference Mini-Tower

Have a Squeezebox Radio coming for the wife! Anniversary present.
    Monitor 60 SeriesII
    Pioneer VSX-821
    DSW PRO 550wi
    Squeezebox Touch

Member Sales Rating: (12)

Quote Originally Posted by heiney9 View Post
    No, but it does have a headphone jack. Not the best way to get a signal out, but doable depending on what your expectation is.

Not my Touch, but the void your warranty crowd doesn't worry about missing outputs.... If your Squeeze radio has a DAC chip, you could do this. The pic shows I2S out of a SB Touch via a LVDS (Low-voltage differential signaling) transceiver module to an external DAC. This is how I export PCM/DSD (CD/SACD) from my transport to my new DAC.

Make yourself necessary to someone. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Salk SoundScape 8's
    Krell KRC-HR Class A Pre w/ Reference Phono
    Krell Class A KSA-250
    Harmonic Technology Pro 9+
    Squeezebox Touch / Welborne Labs PS / I2S Out Mod
    Denon 3910 w/I2S/DSD Out
    Twisted Pear Buffalo III Dual Mono ESS Sabre32 DAC
    Sennheiser HD650
    Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive
    AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm
    AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R
    Shunyata Hydra (Original)
    NHT B-12d subs
    GIK Acoustic Treatments

CP Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by heiney9 View Post
    Yes, but the Squeeze radio is a seperate unit. You can stream anything on any Squeeze product

I have one on my nightstand and it doubles as a clock radio as well. You can stream anything on it, including your music from your database. It's portable as well. I take mine out on my deck. Obviously you have to be within wireless range. I love it upstairs because I listen to radio programs as I fall asleep and I can rock out when I'm upstairs doing stuff. It's mono obviously, but it's a nice sounding unit with a seperate tweeter.

H9
    I have to get one of these for the basement..I like the portability..does it have ethernet or is it strictly wi fi ?
    ** Bill Clark Windham, VT **

Yep. Req'ts below. I couldn't figure out how to post the image of the back.

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/speake...s/devices/5847

Craig

Windows-based PC
    Windows? XP, Windows? 2000, Windows? NT, Windows Vista? or Windows? 7
    Mac? computer
    Mac OS? X 10.3.5 or later
    For access to music on your computer, use Squeezebox software with the minimum system requirements:
    256 MB RAM and 80 MB available hard disk space
    With any of the following operating systems:
    Windows? XP/2000/NT/7, Windows Vista?, 733 MHz Pentium
    Mac OS? X 10.3.5 or later
    Linux/BSD/Solaris (Perl 5.8.3 or later)
    Ethernet or 802.11b/g wireless home network
    Broadband Internet connection required for Internet radio and music services

Member Sales Rating: (41)

Amazon is having a sale on the squeezebox touch for $234 with $80 free amazon mp3 credit.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ce-full-site=1

Member Sales Rating: (3)

wow, good find!

Alright squeezebox junkies, let's see who can answer this one. I just got my 2nd touch in the mail today used from ebay. I did the sync between my main player and this one. Got it to play music just fine sync'd with my loft system and everything. However, when I switch between the two players and go to the new one, I can move the volume slider but nothing happens... I can move the slider when on the original touch and it turns it up and down just fine. Why can't I control the volume on my new player? I really don't care if when Sync'd I could only control the volume on both at the same time but that won't even happen.

Any thoughts?
    Marantz 7005 + Adcom GFA-7500
    LSI15,9s,LSIC
    JL Fathom F112
    Marantz UD7006
    Squeezebox Touch + Hegel hd11

Did you perform a return to default reset on it? (Just above where the A/C power plugs in back). Maybe 'No Volume Setting' is selected in your new used Touch's menu?

Salk SoundScape 8's
    Krell Class A KSA-250
    Denon 3910 w/I2S/DSD Out
    Sennheiser HD650
    AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R
    NHT B-12d subs
    GIK Acoustic Treatments

CP Showcase

There is a setting under the Touch where you can set the volume to be 100% all the time. Connect up to you squeeze server and select settings in the lower right hand corner. Select player tab and the touch you are having problems with. The drop down arrow next to the touch name select audio and there is option for volume control. Personally, since you bought the touch used I would just a factory reset and reconfigure it.

Thanks, all is well... didn't know that little button existed!
    Marantz 7005 + Adcom GFA-7500
    LSI15,9s,LSIC
    JL Fathom F112
    Marantz UD7006
    Squeezebox Touch + Hegel hd11

Kewl! Yeah they stuck that there in case you lost the rabbit you were hunting and didn't know where you was in the woods type thing...

I've used it a couple of times after experimenting with soundcheck's Touch Toolbox 3.0. That Toolbox blanks the Touch's screen among other things.

Salk SoundScape 8's
    Krell Class A KSA-250
    Denon 3910 w/I2S/DSD Out
    Sennheiser HD650
    AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R
    NHT B-12d subs
    GIK Acoustic Treatments

CP Showcase

This may have been mentioned somewhere in this thread but if you have an iphone you can get an app (iPeng) that allows you to use the iphone as a controller. I do this and find the iphone connection to the server is better than using the original controller. The presentation of your library in the iPeng interface is better too. You can also upgarde the app to allow streaming to your phone. Hope this helps.

WOW, Just got through reading this entire thread! Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this, a heck of a lot of information for someone who will be new to Squeezebox. My SBT will be here tomorrow and I just ordered a CI PS today. Can't wait to get this installed and start playing with it. Thanks again.
    Home Theater
    Onkyo PR-SC5508 Sharp LC-70LE847U
    Emotiva XPA-5 Emotiva XPA-2 Emotiva UPA-2
    Front RTi-A9 Wide RTi-A7 Center CSi-A6 Surround FXi-A6 Rear RTi-A3 Sub 2x PSW505
    Sony BDP-S790 Dishnetwork Hopper/Joey Logitech Harmony One Apple TV
    Two Channel
    Oppo 105D BAT VK-500 w/BatPack SDA SRS 2.3 Dreadnought Squeezebox Touch Apple TV

Cool Zane, congrats. May I suggest you thumb around in some other threads in the digital section including better ways to download your library. Thats something you only want to do once so best to do it right from the gitgo. Let us know if ya needs any help.

Default to scomp racer re. I2S mod on touch

heiio scomp racer,
    did you do the i2s mod on your touch, dod you like the result?
    thanks, drmike

Hi drmike, I haven't modded the Touch to export I2S yet. Too many projects in the way.

Salk SoundScape 8's
    Krell Class A KSA-250
    Denon 3910 w/I2S/DSD Out
    Sennheiser HD650
    AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R
    NHT B-12d subs
    GIK Acoustic Treatments

CP Showcase

Not sure if anyone mentioned this in the thread (search didn't find it), but there's an SB enhanced output plugin allowing up to 24/192 audio files. I converted some Led Zep SACD-R albums to 24/176.4k FLACs and it works well. W4S DAC shows correct res as well.
    ALL BOXED UP for a while until I save up for a new place :(

Home Theater:
    KEF Q900s / MIT Shotgun S3 / MIT CVT2 ICs | KEF Q600C | Polk FXi5 | BJC Wire | Signal / AQ ICs | Shunyata / Pangea PCs | Pioneer Elite SC 57 | Parasound NC2100 Pre | NAD M25 | Marantz SA8001 | Schiit Gungnir DAC | SB Touch

2 Channel:
    Polk LSi9 (xo mods), Polk DSW MicroPro 2000 sub | NAD c375BEE | W4S DAC1 | SB Touch | Marantz SA-8001 | MIT AVt 2 | Kimber Hero / AQ / Signal ICs | Shunyata / Signal PCs

removed, realized its better in its own thread...
    Last edited by EndersShadow; 10-29-2013 at 04:16 PM.
    Advice is free, the Flea Market is earned - F1Nut

Lessons cost money, good ones cost LOTS - Tony Beets

HT: APC H15 | Pio 51FD | Uverse | Xbox 360 | Squeezebox Classic | Integra DTR 5.9 | Carver AV-705x & M1.0t MKII Opt002 | LSi 15 | LSiC | LSi F/x | Kimber Hero IC & 8VS SC

Office: Win 7 -> DacMagic w/ Pangea PSU | DIY Pass BOSOZ| Parasound HCA-1200ii | Polk RTA 11TL | Cables TBA

Bedroom: Uverse | Roku 2 | Samsung LCD | SurroundBar 2000

Sales Rating
    Gear

Thread Information