Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Member Sales Rating: (3)

I was thinking of a PS upgrade and searching this thread I can't find anything on the Pangea ps, is this worth consideration or a waste of money

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Quote Originally Posted by beek View Post
    I have had exp. with other extended supplies & the differences are only minimal, unless you can find someone to build one with a tremendous capacity it would be costly & prob not worth it
    leave now troll

Member Sales Rating: (2)

Well, that ought to get you banned real quick... bye-bye!

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Drenis View Post
    leave now troll
    Hey Drenis I hope you were not serious to beek as this was his first post and you call him a troll ? That's just not the way we conduct ouselfs infront of new members by insulting them ? Way outa line Budd

Anyways hi beek my name is projectormovielover on the Martin Logan forum and I think I posted a link to this thread. When you bought your sqeezbox the other week I specifically linked this thread and told you that if you have any questions then dont hesitate to sign up because the guys here are a great bunch and always willing to help lol. That still holds true if you will stick around and get to know members by looking past a few

Everyone I just wana say that beek is true gent and we should welcome him

It seems in the time I posted my response a fight has broken out

Quote Originally Posted by Drenis View Post
    leave now troll
    Ok I must ask 'how did you know from one post?

Quote Originally Posted by FTGV View Post
    He didn't know... he was just being a jerk head big dummy boo boo bum bum face

Member Sales Rating: (13)

Whether or not you will benefit from a P/S upgrade kind of depends on the rest of your system and your listening habits. Regardless, the improvement is subjective and relative to what you think is too much to spend. To many of us, any improvement is worth it if we can afford it. I'm using a Welborne Labs, and I know a few of us here use that or the CI Audio. Not sure about Pangea. I saw this one the other day also and wondered if anyone had any knowledge of it.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...vip=true&rt=nc
    2 channel - Parasound A21 amp, PS Audio PWD MKII w/bridge, modded EE Minimax pre, ML Source speakers, Kimber 4TC, Gabriel Gold Rapture V3/Silnote Morpheus Ref. II IC's, Ps Audio AC5, AC3 and Pangea AC14XL power cords
    HT - Pio. Elite VSX21TXH, LG 60PK550 plasma, Panny DMP-BDT210 BDP, DTV HD receiver, SB Touch, 5 x Polk RC85i in-wall speakers
    Computer - Windows 7/JRiver, M2Tech HiFace 2 w/external battery power, Grant Fidelity TubeDac 11, Fostex PMO.4n monitors

Member Sales Rating: (11)

[QUOTE=dragon1952]Not sure about Pangea. I saw this one the other day also and wondered if anyone had any knowledge of it.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...vip=true&rt=nc[QUOTE]

No direct experience, but the component listing within the PS is pretty garden variety. Not much in there that should justify the asking price. It has a nice looking case though.
    Last edited by anonymouse; 04-12-2012 at 12:09 AM.

Member Sales Rating: (16)

Quote Originally Posted by sandworms View Post
    I was thinking of a PS upgrade and searching this thread I can't find anything on the Pangea ps, is this worth consideration or a waste of money
    In my experience an external PS has made a difference and I recommend them over the walwart. Pangea has a good rep and all the external linear PS's I've seen for the SQB have been similar with similar parts. I can't imagine the Pangea to be much different.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass

Pass Aleph 30; Eastern Electric Mini Max; Adcom GDA600; MIT S3/Z Pc; SDA 1C; Squeezebox; Tubes add soul!

Quote Originally Posted by FTGV View Post
    I didn't. I assumed this user was another of those robot accounts that spam away. I guess I felt the nature of the post somewhat flagged me. Regardless, I made an error in judgement. I can apologize for that. However, the backlash and response was uncalled for. Nice to see that cleaned up... even the "visitor note" left on my profile was inappropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by polkfarmboy View Post
    He didn't know... he was just being a jerk head big dummy boo boo bum bum face
    For once , you're right. I was a bit of a jerk.

Member Sales Rating: (6)

I thought Canadians were suppose to be friendly....

It's all good man.

Transport: Oppo BDP-103/USB HDD (flac)
    DAC/Preamp: Benchmark DAC/PRE
    Power Amp: Parasound HCA-1500A
    Speakers: Harbeth Compact 7ES-3 Monitor
    Cables: Kimber Hero/8TC; DH Labs D-75

Quote Originally Posted by steveinaz View Post
    I thought Canadians were suppose to be friendly....

It's all good man.
    Our tag line on our license plates is "Friendly Manitoba". Even the best of us make mistakes. Canada is known for peace keeping and I'm trying to keep the peace.

Member Sales Rating: (17)

North Victoria Gardens, Altacucawanda, California

You know, one new habit that I picked up ever since I got my SQBT is to stream MOG higher rez ($9.99) jazz, set the multi-stereo simulation (on the 7.1 channels). It must be just me, but I enjoy it very much..it gives me inner peace somehow.
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.

Quote Originally Posted by heiney9 View Post
    In my experience an external PS has made a difference and I recommend them over the walwart. Pangea has a good rep and all the external linear PS's I've seen for the SQB have been similar with similar parts. I can't imagine the Pangea to be much different.

H9
    Thanks for the input guys, even though I thought I was being called a troll for a minute! for $100 seems worth a shot

Actually, looking at that Pangea, the Squeezebox is not one of the supported devices.
    2 channel - Parasound A21 amp, PS Audio PWD MKII w/bridge, modded EE Minimax pre, ML Source speakers, Kimber 4TC, Gabriel Gold Rapture V3/Silnote Morpheus Ref. II IC's, Ps Audio AC5, AC3 and Pangea AC14XL power cords
    HT - Pio. Elite VSX21TXH, LG 60PK550 plasma, Panny DMP-BDT210 BDP, DTV HD receiver, SB Touch, 5 x Polk RC85i in-wall speakers
    Computer - Windows 7/JRiver, M2Tech HiFace 2 w/external battery power, Grant Fidelity TubeDac 11, Fostex PMO.4n monitors

Thanks for the input guys, even though I thought I was being called a troll for a minute! for $100 seems worth a shot
    Given the squeezebox's performance, I think it's worthy of the PS upgrade.

[QUOTE=dragon1952;1755521]Actually, looking at that Pangea, the Squeezebox is not one of the supported devices.[/QUOTE
    Damn I'm retarded, got confused with my dacmagic and the sbt, even though I was looking at both ps upgrades. So $100 won't get me a sbt ps upgrade, but it will for my dac http://www.audioadvisor.com/prodinfo.asp?number=PGP100, now I need to look at the welborne or comparable, like scarecrow said, if I only had a brain

I use the Channel Island PS for my Touch. I think it was $249??

Squeezebox Touch .... new in box $199 on the 'Gon..... better hurry.
    http://app.audiogon.com/listings/log...-sealed-in-box

I have SBS and use Media Monkey to manage my growing collection...

Whatever platform you choose, try to be consistent...

I just love SBS and would never change...
    ** Bill Clark Windham, VT **

So, having decided that I will be getting a Squeezebox Touch, I am re-ripping my CDs to FLAC. I am using dBpoweramp. Like it so far. Rips are very fast. Storing on a 2 TB WD drive. Any suggestions as to settings, especially encoder settings? Is Lossless Uncompressed the way to go?
    Monitor 60 SeriesII
    Pioneer VSX-821
    DSW PRO 550wi
    Squeezebox Touch

Member Sales Rating: (11)

Quote Originally Posted by Waynesize View Post
    So, having decided that I will be getting a Squeezebox Touch, I am re-ripping my CDs to FLAC. I am using dBpoweramp. Like it so far. Rips are very fast. Storing on a 2 TB WD drive. Any suggestions as to settings, especially encoder settings? Is Lossless Uncompressed the way to go?
    FLAC is lossless. There will be no audible difference between .wav, .flac or any other lossless formats. If its lossless, you essentially have the same original bitstream being recreated when its played.

Member Sales Rating: (5)

Reported post 534
    pre VAC Standard LE, power VAC PA100/100 phi upgrade, analog Origin Live Aurora Mk2, Origin Live Encounter Mk3c, Benz Ebony H, digital Lector 0.6t, speakers Thiel CS2.4, Rel Strata III, cables Audience AU24 e IC, Audience AU24 e SC, power Audience aR1p, Audience aR2p, Audience PowerCord e

Got my Squeezebox Touch today! Just got it up and running. All I can say is "What was I waiting for?" this thing is so cool. Thanks to those that have posted in this thread. I learned a lot before jumping in. Now, on to some listening!
    Monitor 60 SeriesII
    Pioneer VSX-821
    DSW PRO 550wi
    Squeezebox Touch

Quote Originally Posted by Waynesize View Post
    Got my Squeezebox Touch today! Just got it up and running. All I can say is "What was I waiting for?" this thing is so cool.
    Yep, thats the usual response when someone first experiences a SB or a Sonos. Congrats man, glad your diggin' it. Now pack all those cd cases away for good. I really recommend Rhapsody too for the 10 bucks a month. Enjoy.

Member Sales Rating: (10)

Quote Originally Posted by tonyb View Post
    Yep, thats the usual response when someone first experiences a SB or a Sonos. Congrats man, glad your diggin' it. Now pack all those cd cases away for good. I really recommend Rhapsody too for the 10 bucks a month. Enjoy.
    Ditto that!!! Rhapsody & Sirius here...both excellent music services.
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "
    Panny 65" 3D Plasma
    Yamaha AVENTAGE RX-A3010 AVR
    D>SONIC M2-600M mono's / mains
    Rotel RMB-1095 / 5 channel amp
    Rotel RMB-1075 / 5 channel amp
    TEAC UD - 501 DAC
    Oppo BDP-93
    SONOS System
    KEF Q900 / mains
    KEF Q600 / center
    KEF Q800 / surrounds
    KEF Q100 / rear surr.
    Def Tech ProMonitor 1000 / front & rear presence
    Velodyne SPL-1200R subs / dual pair
    DSPeaker Anti-Mode 8033 sub EQ
    Equitech Balanced Power Son of Q 1.5R
    Extensive room treatments

Member Sales Rating: (14)

That's great. To be honest I don't think ive ever spoken to someone who hase disliked the squeezebox. Most people get it running fairly easily and love it after that. My advice is that now that youve got it running, buying a squeezebox radio should be your next move, and then buy an oem battery for it on eBay. It's great.
    Good music, a good source, and good power can make SDA's sing. Tubes make them dance.

I was thinking just that, a Squeezbox Radio would be a great addition. Might even be able to get the wife on board with one. Still waiting for her to ask what the new box is on top of the receiver.
    Monitor 60 SeriesII
    Pioneer VSX-821
    DSW PRO 550wi
    Squeezebox Touch

Member Sales Rating: (14)

Good music, a good source, and good power can make SDA's sing. Tubes make them dance.

Thread Information