Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Member Sales Rating: (0)

My girlfriend has blown my tweeter so many times I lost count....
    Sda2.3 (Tweets, Spikes)
    Sda1C (Tweets, Sonicaps, Mills, Boards, Spikes, Rings, Dynamat)
    Rta11T (Tweets, Sonicaps, Mills, Spikes, Rings, Dynamat)
    5jr+ (Tweets, Spikes)
    CS350ls (Sonicap, Spikes)
    12" DXi x 2 (Dayton Plate. Slot ported Custom boxes)

Sunfire TGP3, Sunfire SIG 425x5, Oppo BDP-93, Belkin PF60, Sony PS3 Slim 320 gig, Technics SL-1360
    DH Labs Prostudio XLR-Toslink-Hdmi,Peps for the Oppo, amp, pre and subs)

Quote Originally Posted by SDA1C View Post
    We really didn't want to know your little friend's name. But.... congrats!
    Usher CP-6311, Shuguang S200MK, Shuguang S845MK, Pioneer BDP-51fd, Douglas IC's, AQ cv-8 SC's, Pangea/Douglas PC's, Epson 8100

Member Sales Rating: (49)

Quote Originally Posted by SDA1C View Post

And all this time I thought you were a guy!!

LOL!!

J/K ;-)
    Hot Rodded SDA 1.2TL's, SDA 1C's, SDA CRS+'s...
    Powered By Wyred 4 Sound, STP-SE, SX-1000...
    MIT-Shotgun's ...

Quote Originally Posted by Keiko View Post

How have you been Mike?
    Powered By Wyred 4 Sound, STP-SE, SX-1000...
    MIT-Shotgun's ...

Quote Originally Posted by nooshinjohn View Post
    Oh ye of low standards... I was thinking of PASS Labs.
    At least it's not Emo :)
    Living Room Evolved
    Onkyo TX-NR717
    Parasound HCA-1200II > Polk Audio RTi A7 Black Front
    Polk Audio RTi A3 Black Rear
    Polk Audio CSiA6 Center
    Tannoy TS2.12 Sub
    Marantz CD6004
    Apple Mac Mini
    Apple TV 3rd Gen
    Sony PS3 160Gb/Microsoft XBox 360
    Insignia 55 inch 120Hz TV

Bedroom
    Harman Kardon HK 3490/HK 3375
    A:Onkyo SKF-4800 Towers Black
    B:Polk Monitor (Model) 5 with Peerless Tweets
    Polk PSW108
    PS3 320Gb
    Insignia 39 inch 60Hz TV

Quote Originally Posted by nbrowser View Post
    At least it's not Emo :)
    Thought girlfriend blowing the tweeters would have got your goat
    Home Theater:Samsung8000-55LED,Pioneer SC35, Pioneer DV-79AVi, Sunfire TGA7201, LSi25, LCi RTSc, LC80i
    2chnl system:Melody 101 tube pre, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, W4S Dac, MG Audio Planus2 speaker cables
    Office rig: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures

Member Sales Rating: (1)

If that happened, she'd be blowing more than tweeters.

OOOPS...did I just say that out loud ? My bad....I meant she has nice tweeters. Wait....that's not right either.

I quit...

Quote Originally Posted by incloud View Post
    When does the sale on Emotiva end. Can't seem to find it.
    I don't know, but at those prices they're in essence always on sale.

Member Sales Rating: (3)

Quote Originally Posted by Keiko View Post
    Nice pic of Giorgio Mike,lol.

Quote Originally Posted by txcoastal1 View Post
    Thought girlfriend blowing the tweeters would have got your goat
    Nah...issue is solved, stuff happens. Won't ever happen again. But my receiver...ain't a 100 featherweight but she did run outta steam a lot sooner than the amp does, live n learn and train the g/f...do not exceed -20 :)
    Living Room Evolved
    Onkyo TX-NR717
    Polk Audio CSiA6 Center
    Tannoy TS2.12 Sub
    Marantz CD6004
    Apple Mac Mini
    Apple TV 3rd Gen

Bedroom
    Polk PSW108
    PS3 320Gb
    Insignia 39 inch 60Hz TV

Don't see when the Emo sale ends.

Member Sales Rating: (12)

It never truly ends... when you can't sell it, you need to whore stuff out.

j/k
    HT Setup... Pioneer Elite SC-37, Polk Audio SDA-SRS 1.2TL's , Oppo BDP 93
    Two Channel... Carver Statement 450~1 Vacuum Tube Monoblocks, Dodd Mid-line Tube Linestage with Psvane 12Ax7 tubes, Pioneer Pdd 9Mk II SACD Player, Yamaha PX-3 Turntable with Sumiko BPS EvoIII, Polk Audio SDA-SRS 1.2TLs.

"Everything we have fought for has been lost, and everything we fought against, we have become...."

Having tried all of the usual suspects in the used market - nad, adcom, carver, acurus, etc., I can tell you that to my ears the Emotiva amps sound at least as good if not better, and are sold new with a five year warranty for similar prices as the used competition. In that sense they're always on sale. The sale doesn't end until they start raising prices, like many successful companies do once they've broken through. But as things stand now, you can get a brand new 125/200 watt amp with a five year warranty for $299. When the sale is over I assume it goes back to $349. Either price for what you receive represents an astonishing accomplishment.

Quote Originally Posted by nooshinjohn View Post
    It never truly ends... when you can't sell it, you need to whore stuff out.

j/k
    Ok there's a new one...OUCH ! lol
    Living Room Evolved
    Onkyo TX-NR717
    Polk Audio CSiA6 Center
    Tannoy TS2.12 Sub
    Marantz CD6004
    Apple Mac Mini
    Apple TV 3rd Gen

Bedroom
    Polk PSW108
    PS3 320Gb
    Insignia 39 inch 60Hz TV

Cubdog, did you end up picking up the XDA-2? That's a pheonomenal price. Again another thread with an honest question and tons of thread crapping. I keep seeing this over and over.

The down-side to Brand specific forums such as Polk is that you have Brand-Specific followers. You can't have an adult conversation with children in the room.

Member Sales Rating: (12)

The down-side to Brand specific forums such as Polk is that you have Brand-Specific followers. You can't have an adult conversation with children in the room.
    Pot, kettle...

You already know where the door is, so please close it behind you.
    HT Setup... Pioneer Elite SC-37, Polk Audio SDA-SRS 1.2TL's , Oppo BDP 93
    Two Channel... Carver Statement 450~1 Vacuum Tube Monoblocks, Dodd Mid-line Tube Linestage with Psvane 12Ax7 tubes, Pioneer Pdd 9Mk II SACD Player, Yamaha PX-3 Turntable with Sumiko BPS EvoIII, Polk Audio SDA-SRS 1.2TLs.

"Everything we have fought for has been lost, and everything we fought against, we have become...."

It's everywhere, it's like people see red when they see a brand name or discussion on certain topics, they have to start throwing stones or insulting people that like certain types of gear. I'm on several audio forums, just haven't participated much on this one until recently and this seems to be more prevalent here than I've seen on others. On a few of them the thread or posts just get deleted for 'thread crapping' and the offenders cautioned/banned with repeat occurrences. You have an OP soliciting a certain piece of information such as here but then suddenly it avalanches into a ton of brand-bashing posts and then factions outright insulting each other. The folks in these forums are a bunch of hobbyists that share the commonality of loving music and the ancillary equipment that reproduces it; you'd think that a group with that much in common would get along and find ways to interact in a productive manner but the need for human beings to become divisive is so great that even among a like-minded group people find ways to argue over brands, opinions, etc. There are ways that people can express these opinions such as 'I've never been a big fan of emotiva, I have preferred x brand' without being outright denigrating to the person that likes said brand. We've all got brands we're not a fan of but we've all got different ears. We're founded on diversity of thought, appearance, etc. are we really going to foam at the mouth and argue with each other over audio philosophies and brands? We're all in different households with different incomes and needs that drive our purchasing decisions.

My second observation is that these arguments are coordinated, i.e. there are like minded cabals and factions. When one person voices an opinion that is contrary to a certain cabal within a day the same group of affiliated individuals drops in supportive posts and tries to smother the contrary opinion with raw volume of posts. Eventually an opposing cabal comes into play and the threads become completely unsalvageable with each side trying to 'win' the debate through volume of posts quantity of like-minded folks sharing the same opinion. If enough people said that the earth was flat in a contested thread then obviously that faction would be the winner by volume of posts and quantity of like-minded supporting posts.

I'm guessing that there is bad blood between certain forum members that has built up for years and every new thread is an opportunity for another battleground. I don't know. It's just an observation. Lots of demagoguery going on with lots of followers for the demagogues and the immediate desire to supress or remove divergent opinions.
    Last edited by mccarty250; 01-01-2014 at 07:30 PM.

It's always the same group. You learn to ignore it. Ironically, I suppose, those same people become hysterical when their gear is called into question. An almost comical hypocrisy.

Two Channel Setup:

Speakers: Wharfedale Opus 2-3
    Integrated Amp: Jolida JD1502
    CD Player: Jolida JD200
    DAC for Computer Music: Peachtree Dac it x
    Turntable: Rega P5 - TT-PSU
    Cartridge: Clearaudio Aurum Beta Wood
    Phono Preamp: Musical Surroundings Phonomena II

3.2 Home Theater Setup:

Fronts: Polk LSiM 703s
    Center: Polk LSiM 703
    Subs: SVS PB 12 NSD X 2
    AVR: Yamaha Aventage RX-A2030
    Blu Ray: Sony BDP-S790

Member Sales Rating: (13)

You couldn't be more wrong in your uninformed comment. While this is the Polk Audio forum, we discuss any brand of audio gear ever made from vintage to new quite freely. While you may not like your baby being called ugly that does not mean folks with expereinced opinions should not voice them.
    'Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

I guess the question is, why does someone have the desire to call someone else's baby ugly? Ugly is subjective not fact, there are ways to say you don't prefer the appearance of the baby without making the parents feel terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by F1nut View Post
    You couldn't be more wrong in your uninformed comment. While this is the Polk Audio forum, we discuss any brand of audio gear ever made from vintage to new quite freely. While you may not like your baby being called ugly that does not mean folks with expereinced opinions should not voice them.

Agreed...

This thread was pretty tame, with a little ribbing, till the last few decided to make it more then what it is...