Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 61 to 74 of 74
  1. #61

    Member Sales Rating: (16)

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Andromeda
    Posts
    14,414

    Default

    This is a very good point as well. If what you are doing to the dead bodies is against the wishes of their families, then you are in fact disrespecting the living family members. I will reiterate that I do have a problem with disrespecting the living.
    No, you're completely missing the point. Did you ever serve in the military and wear a uniform? I'd bet not. I served for 6 years and although I didn't know any of these people, they are still my comrades and brothers in arms. We all took an oath to defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic. To my knowledge, that oath is for life and something you couldn't possibly understand.

    Regardless if their families didn't care or if they had no family at all it's still a disgrace. And since you claim to have this respect for the living, hence where you've missed the point, what these idiots did when they dumped the remains of these soldiers in a land fill, disrespected every Veteran, dead or alive that ever wore a uniform. Same as your ignorant analogies and uneducated opinions. The main issue is, these fallen Soldiers were in fact disrespected. Disrespect for the uniform, flag, freedom and county for which they fought and died for. They deserved better. I don't expect you to understand, because of your ignorance. Again, you just don't get it and never will.
    Last edited by Keiko; 12-11-2011 at 06:45 AM.

  2. #62

    Member Sales Rating: (1)

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    1,285

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Keiko View Post
    That's nice, because quite frankly, I wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire nor give 2 s#!ts about it, jerkyboy.
    Thank you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Keiko View Post
    No, you're completely missing the point.
    I get the point - we have differing opinions, and that is okay.

    Did you ever serve in the military and wear a uniform? I'd bet not. I served for 6 years and although I didn't know any of these people, they are still my comrades and brothers in arms. We all took an oath to defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic.
    I have not served in the military, however my father did, so I have some knowledge of how the military works. I am also very thankful for what you and my father have done in serving this country. I know without people like you, we wouldn't have the freedoms that we do.

    To my knowledge, that oath is for life and something you couldn't possibly understand.
    Probably not.

    Regardless if their families didn't care or if they had no family at all it's still a disgrace. And since you claim to have this respect for the living, hence where you've missed the point, what these idiots did when they dumped the remains of these soldiers in a land fill, disrespected every Veteran, dead or alive that ever wore a uniform. Same as your ignorant analogies and uneducated opinions. The main issue is, these fallen Soldiers were in fact disrespected. Disrespect for the uniform, flag, freedom and county for which they fought and died for. They deserved better. I don't expect you to understand, because of your ignorance. Again, you just don't get it and never will.
    I think what amuses me the most about this is that you are one of the most outspoken and opinionated individuals on this board; however, it is clear that you have a real problem with respecting other people's opinions if they differ from your own. How do you expect other people to respect your opinions if you can't reciprocate?

  3. #63

    Member Sales Rating: (16)

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Andromeda
    Posts
    14,414

    Default

    Wrong again! I just don't respect your asinine comments or opinions on this subject. You don't have a freakin' clue as to why this is wrong which makes any more exchanges pointless. I'm out.

  4. #64

    Member Sales Rating: (1)

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    1,285

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Keiko View Post
    Wrong again! I just don't respect your asinine comments or opinions on this subject.
    Thanks for proving my point.

    You don't have a freakin' clue as to why this is wrong which makes any more exchanges pointless. I'm out.
    Typical. Rather than try to educate me, or even just agree to disagree, you tuck your tail between your legs and back out.

  5. #65

    Member Sales Rating: (16)

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Andromeda
    Posts
    14,414

    Default

    Yeah, whatever you say, jerkyboy. Here, run along and play now.

    Name:  clue_classic.png
Views: 158
Size:  23.0 KB

  6. #66

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    in my chair
    Posts
    199

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WilliamM2 View Post


    I have absolutely no idea what that has to do with the topic at hand.
    An off the wall analogy.... and most of the time I have no idea what I'm talking about either.
    Gotta read between the lines sometimes with me. Just saying I bet those that don't get it would get it if it was their stereo gear.
    Everything matters. That is all.
    Money cannot buy happiness, but it sure can buy a bad ass boat to pull up along side it though.

  7. #67

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    SW Ohio
    Posts
    2,197

    Default

    How we treat our dead says a lot about our society and how the life of the deceased was lived. The soldiers don't care, obviously, but the psychological reprocussions for anyone who has lost someone in battle must be overwhelming. If these 274 individuals were deviants, crackheads and bums, then not too many people would care. These were protecters of our nation, and they and their families deserve much better.

    This just opens wounds that are trying to heal.
    It's better to burn out, than poop your pants


    CDM 1NT; B&W CDM CNT; Infinity us 1; Velodyne DEQ-8 x2; Pio Elite VSX-23; Sony SCD-CE595 SACD, Marantz CD5001, [/COLOR]

  8. #68

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Boxborough, Massachusetts
    Posts
    225

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tonyb View Post
    That says it all right there.
    The least they could do is give these cremated remains a specific burial plot, after all, how much room does ashes take up ? To dump them with the garbage is just plain disrespectfull to our country and those soldiers. The fact that some may be just body parts is irrelevant. A simple 6 foot grave can hold alot of ashes.
    +1 on that
    Front - Polk LSiM 705, Center - Polk LSiM 704c, Rear - Polk LSi 7
    Subwoofer - Epik Legend
    Receiver (as Preamp) - Sony STR-DA3400 ES
    Amplifier - Outlaw 7125
    Television - 58" Samsung Plasma PN58B860
    Blu Ray - OPPO BDP 83

  9. #69

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Warriors Mark, PA
    Posts
    524

    Default

    It is hard to believe that this could happen after the soldiers giving all that they gave.
    My Stuff

    RTi10s, Csi5, RC 65i in wall surrounds, SVS PC-Ultra 13 sub, Pioneer Elite VSX-52, B&K Reference 3220 3 channel amp, Sony KDS-R60XBR2, Panasonic DMP-BDT210 Blu-ray player, Logitech Harmony 1000 remote

  10. #70

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Newport, VT
    Posts
    7

    Default Soldier Remains Dumped in Land Fill

    From reading the posts here there are obviously many opinions about bodily remains. What I think is missing in this terrible action by themilitary is respect, pure and simple. Dumping remains, even cremated remains in with cans, bottles, garbage, etc. is typical of the low regard in this country that has been developing since the War in Vietnam not only for the living but now also for the dead. These decisions were apparently made by military people and therein lies the problem. The military by its' very nature has a lack of respect for life; witness the lack of qualms about dropping bombs from a computer located in a room thousands of miles from the target and giving only lip service to innocent civilians killed or maimed. Witness the terrible treatment conditions at Walter Reed Army Hospital before it was closed down or the high suicide rate among returning soldiers. The list goes on but behind all of these decisions are human beings who somewhere along the way seem to have lost some of their humanity or at least some of those things that make us human.

  11. #71

    Member Sales Rating: (1)

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Over the mountain watching the watcher
    Posts
    6,323

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pipkinra View Post
    The military by its' very nature has a lack of respect for life
    A couple of questions, if I may:

    -Have you, or anyone close to you, ever served in the military ? If so, what branch ?
    -If so, did they exhibit or reflect this "lack of respect" for life ?
    -If so, did they explain their reason(s) for this point of view ?

  12. #72

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    SW Ohio
    Posts
    2,197

    Default

    Whatever ones opinions are about body parts or the everafter, there are strict guidelines about the proper and final resting of service members fallen in combat or while serving on active duty. I am pretty sure bull dozing cremated remains is not found in any manual
    It's better to burn out, than poop your pants


    CDM 1NT; B&W CDM CNT; Infinity us 1; Velodyne DEQ-8 x2; Pio Elite VSX-23; Sony SCD-CE595 SACD, Marantz CD5001, [/COLOR]

  13. #73

    Member Sales Rating: (26)

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    The tube lair in Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    11,323

    Default

    First off, RIP soldiers and thank you for your service to our country along with your personal ultimate sacrifice. My hat is off to you all with the utmost of respect. With that said, this thread should be closed because nothing good will come of it. Only differences in opinion between members of the forum that otherwise would hold nothing against the person(s) they are corresponding with. Just my opinion and with that, I'm out.

    Tom
    In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

    The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to good analogue reproduction.

  14. #74

    Member Sales Rating: (1)

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Over the mountain watching the watcher
    Posts
    6,323

    Default

    Get out your calendar Treitz and mark down this date because I agree with you on this one.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. Now only Robby remains....
    By shack in forum Music & Movies
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 01-13-2011, 06:37 PM
  2. Video military troops remake Lada Ga Ga Telephone video
    By danger boy in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-06-2010, 11:06 AM
  3. Wow we are really getting dumped on in Delaware.
    By hearingimpared in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 87
    Last Post: 12-22-2009, 04:04 AM
  4. NAD 317 soft clipping LED remains lit
    By wrywulf in forum Troubleshooting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-22-2009, 08:55 PM
  5. The Song Remains The Same
    By Keiko in forum Music & Movies
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-31-2008, 01:56 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts