Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default MediaMonkey users: There is an APP FOR THAT!

Just discovered MediaMonkey has an iPhone/iPod app:

http://melloware.com/products/imonkey/

iMonkey is a MediaMonkey Client for the iPhone/iPod Touch and is a native iPhone application that allows you to control MediaMonkey anywhere in your house. I don't use ITunes, I use the wonderful MediaMonkey for my huge music collection of over 70,000 songs. I know Apple has Remote for ITunes but i wanted something similar for controlling MediaMonkey from my iPhone. I wanted to be able to Play Pause, Stop, etc as well as browse my playlist and select a new song. Great for parties or for DJ's who want their PC's hidden from their partygoers but still want complete control over the music playing! iMonkey consists of two pieces...a server piece which runs on your PC and the client piece which runs on your iPhone or iPod Touch. The server piece included here is called iMonkey.exe and is critical to using iMonkey on the iPhone.

The purpose of this program is simple: to allow control of your MediaMonkey from your iPhone/iPod Touch with the touch of a finger.

This changes things!

Using this app, I could use a USB to RCA DAC for my upstairs system and not have to be in front my computer to control what I am playing. For 5.99 it seems like a steal!@
    Last edited by EndersShadow; 12-23-2011 at 02:21 PM.
    Advice is free, the Flea Market is earned - F1Nut

Main HT: APC H15 | Pio 51FD | Uverse DVR | Xbox 360 | Squeezebox Classic | Integra DTR 5.9 | Carver AV-705x & M1.0t MKII Opt002 | LSi 15 | LSiC | LSi F/x | Kimber Hero IC & 8VS SC

Office Rig: Win 7 -> DacMagic w/ Pangea PSU | Pro-ject Debut III | Sunfire TGP-II | Parasound HCA-750ii | Polk RTA 11TL | Cables TBA

Bedroom: Uverse DVR | Roku 2 | Samsung LCD | SurroundBar 2000

Sales Rating
    Gear

Member Sales Rating: (1)

very interesting.. hmmm so is it possible this would allow me to use a small netbook or nettop with digital out as a headless system using an ipod/ipad to control it hmmm
    HT - game room
    Yamaha RX V665 - AVR, Polk Monitor 60's,(HT), Polk Monitor 40's, Polk CS 1, Polk PSW 505, Samsung PN50B550 - 50" Plasma, PS3, Wii

2ch - spare bedroom
    Squeezebox Touch->AQ Alpha Snake->Music Hall A15.2->Ascend Acoustics Sierra-1
    Yamaha S1800(SACD),Technics SL-QD33(TT)
    Head-fi - Sennheiser HD 280, Audio Technica ATH-AD700, B&W P5, Sennheiser HD 650
    Lenovo Laptop-> Dragonfly USB DAC/amp
    Server-QNAP TS110

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Quote Originally Posted by coolsax View Post
    very interesting.. hmmm so is it possible this would allow me to use a small netbook or nettop with digital out as a headless system using an ipod/ipad to control it hmmm
    My thought is more that I already have all my music in FLAC on my desktop and laptop. My laptop has a dedicated GPU that can output audio via HDMI......

I could connect my laptop to my AVR and then use my iPhone as my remote so I dont need to mess with a wireless mouse. If I went a bit further and got a Asynchronous USB to RCA DAC (Musiland Monitor 02, HRT Media Streamer), I would have a totally portable music library of very good quality.....

Member Sales Rating: (1)

i've got all of mine on a network server so i just need basic processing a nettop/book would provide... i've also been considering just getting a squeezebox for my critical listening system.. but just trying to think if this media monkey client would eliminate the need for squeeze server.. guess its just another way to implement computer audio. both would work probably for around the same price, only I have to use a DAC with a nettop/book whereas i can use the analog outs on a SB. its amazing with today's technology how many different ways computer audio can be executed.

Thread Information