Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default Talk about the luck!

OK so it's fair to say I may not be the easiest guy to understand but when it's all said and done I am heart felt about where I come from and what I do....But don't think for a second I don't pay for that difficult side in other areas lol.

So any way a quick story....

I recently bid on both of those srs and the whole package deal on ebay. Talked at length over the phone with the fella and thought I had a good thing going. So I tell the wife "Hey look at this deal" She responds with a thumbnail to a new baritone sax. I crap my pants and trow up a little bit (simultaneously) but hey a sax for 2 sets srs...I'm in.

Sickened at the fact that my deal on a set of srs just got diluted some I was still stoked at the thought of having a set in my living room that I could dump even more cash into

Well the bleedin deal on the srs fell through and he cancelled the listing.

I am however on my way to pick up a effin saxophone......

1C!

Member Sales Rating: (37)

Quote Originally Posted by SDA1C View Post
    . . . I am however on my way to pick up a effin saxophone . . .
    That seems like she gave you a green light to buy a set of the big boys, and with the sax you've already paid your dues.

That's money in the bank, bro. Congrats!
    VTL ST50 w/mods/RCA6L6GC/TlfnknECC801S
    CJPV-5 w/mods
    TT CJ Sonographe SG3 Oak/Sumiko LMT/Grado Wood Plat/Sumiko PIB2/The Clamp
    Musical Fidelity A1 CDPro
    Tuners w/mods Kenwood KT5020/Fisher KM60
    MF x-DAC V8, HAInfo NG27
    Herbies Ti-9/Vibrapods/MIT Shtgn AC1 IEC's/MIT Shotgun 2 IC's/MIT Shtgn 2 Speaker
    PSAudio Cryo PwrPrt Prem/ExctPwrEP15A
    Wlnt SDA 2B TL/Oak SDA SRS II TL-Sonicaps/Mills/Cardas/Cust SDA ICs/Mortite/Dynamat Extreme/TFLF Rings/FSB-2 Spikes
    NAD SS rigs w/mods
    GIK panels

Member Sales Rating: (8)

start picking out a new tube pre!

Member Sales Rating: (12)

Quote Originally Posted by inspiredsports View Post
    That seems like she gave you a green light to buy a set of the big boys...

I wonder what a set of mint drivers for those will bring?
    HT Setup... Pioneer Elite SC-37, Polk Audio SDA-SRS 1.2TL's , Oppo BDP 93
    Two Channel... Carver Statement 450~1 Vacuum Tube Monoblocks, Dodd Mid-line Tube Linestage with Psvane 12Ax7 tubes, Pioneer Pdd 9Mk II SACD Player, Yamaha PX-3 Turntable with Sumiko BPS EvoIII, Polk Audio SDA-SRS 1.2TLs.

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." Brad Shurett

Member Sales Rating: (16)

Atleast now they won't get parted out or mistreated.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass

Pass Aleph 30; Eastern Electric Mini Max; Adcom GDA600; MIT S3/Z Pc; SDA 1C; Squeezebox; Tubes add soul!

^^^^^ Ouch!

Quote Originally Posted by sda2mike View Post
    start picking out a new tube pre!
    I most certainly will, Sir. Thanks for the advice.

Quote Originally Posted by heiney9 View Post

H9
    You really are a f'n whine bag you know that! Why didn't you come pick them up for Dave free of charge? I offered to GIVE THEM BACK- Free!- NO money-total cost to me $550 total cost to Dave +$550...you get the point?. Seems you want to ignore the options your RAS had in recovering them yet continue to try to run me in the dirt.

Name:  057.JPG
Views: 229
Size:  369.7 KB

Yup! Looks like a set of SRS to me hehe.

Nice Bari Sax I played alto and tenor in high school. The chick who wanted to play on the varsity football team played bari and also marched with it.

Tell the wife you thought she wanted Sex, not a Sax
    I got static in my head
    The reflected sound of everything

Quote Originally Posted by SDA1C View Post
    Seems you want to ignore the options your RAS had in recovering them yet continue to try to run me in the dirt.
    You're doing swell on your own.

Quote Originally Posted by JimMueller View Post
    Nice Bari Sax I played alto and tenor in high school. The chick who wanted to play on the varsity football team played bari and also marched with it.
    Thanks Jim,

I just found out today that my mom played a bari in HS. The wife played one from 7th grade to 6 years of college

Quote Originally Posted by rromeo923 View Post
    Tell the wife you thought she wanted Sex, not a Sax
    NO thanks... I like my testicles.

Member Sales Rating: (8)

At a comfortable distance.... gaining perspective

Love the sax !! Love Candy D. !!

Member Sales Rating: (27)

H9
    Is this BS really needed? Can't you keep this in PM.

At the end of the day it is just speakers - jesus. He owns the things, he can light them on fire, part them out, submerge them in concrete, pee on them, WHATEVER.
    www.Vr3Mods.com ///// www.Version3Audio.com

"No, that's silly talk. Dude, you can't possibly be this audio dumb so quit the act." - Doro

pepster

What some people do not realize (I won't mention any names) is he is probably keeping several pairs of Polk speakers going by parting them out, instead of a single pair!
    Much appreciated I am sure.

But really it does not matter - when 1c bought those speakers from the other Polkie unless there were stipulations of how they would have to be sold later it really is no ones business or decisions other than 1c on what he is to do with them...

"No, that's silly talk. Dude, you can't possibly be this audio dumb so quit the act." - Doro

pepster

^^^^^I agree 100%!
    Last edited by pepster; 12-20-2011 at 10:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vr3MxStyler2k3 View Post
    Is this BS really needed? Can't you keep this in PM.

At the end of the day it is just speakers - jesus. He owns the things, he can light them on fire, part them out, submerge them in concrete, pee on them, WHATEVER.
    What BS?

I've always had the opinion, it's a damn shame to buy a perfectly good pair of speakers like SDA's (which there are limited quantity of) and part them out. It's lazy and I don't agree with it and I will voice my opinion on the matter if I feel like it. As to the "keeping other pairs going" comment. There are plenty of truly damaged speakers speakers that are parted out all over Ebay and Polk carries just about every driver for Vintage Polks, so that's not a valid reason and I'll have to add IN MY OPINION since some people seem to think only their opinion can be voiced.

He IS free to do whatever he wants to his newly purchased speakers, as I'm free to comment on it.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass

Pass Aleph 30; Eastern Electric Mini Max; Adcom GDA600; MIT S3/Z Pc; SDA 1C; Squeezebox; Tubes add soul!

pepster

I just wonder who cares?
    You H9?
    Again, who cares?
    Last edited by pepster; 12-21-2011 at 12:14 AM.

pepster

What BS?

I've always had the opinion, it's a damn shame to buy a perfectly good pair of speakers like SDA's (which there are limited quantity of) and part them out. It's lazy and I don't agree with it and I will voice my opinion on the matter if I feel like it. As to the "keeping other pairs going" comment. There are plenty of truly damaged speakers speakers that are parted out all over Ebay and Polk carries just about every driver for Vintage Polks, so that's not a valid reason and I'll have to add IN MY OPINION since some people seem to think only their opinion can be voiced.

He IS free to do whatever he wants to his newly purchased speakers, as I'm free to comment on it.

H9
    And I WILL do what ever I want to what ever I have. I have the feeling it isn't your opinion that is the concern but your jack ass, continual BS way you go about voicing it that is just down right (might I quote your buddy Keiko) douchbaggish that is on the nerves. I appreciate your opinion Heiney and in fact I am happy to gain as much perspective as possible. However, when it doesn't seem to let up even after multiple attempt to acknowledge your opinion and move on it just gets boring, stagnant, dumb if you will. I (we) all get it, you don't like the fact that these were parted out but get over it dude. You had the chance to buy them and didn't. Dave had the chance at them for free and didn't....Let it go man...

1C!

pepster

H9 is a very knowledgeable fellow, but there is no reason to answer to him for anything.
    None of his business IMHO!
    Last edited by pepster; 12-21-2011 at 12:33 AM.

Ive been meaning to call you about power cords but I lost analog in my pre today and have had my hands full.

Well in my opinion you are being childish and annoying.

The fact you have taken this crap to multiple threads is just unnecessary...

Maybe if you had contained your "opinion" to the first thread this started in but you seemingly are following the OP to any thread involving SDAs -

I understand your viewpoint but it still could be something to be considered to be contained to a private message and respectfully discussed with the OP than say for instance, causing a division of the forum and harassing a newer member.

So how about you let this "die" and stop chasing him around the forum.

Thanks!

douchebaggish? Like reneging and starting bs threads, back peddling when you're called, or apologetic after the fact douchebaggish?

Quote Originally Posted by Keiko View Post
    douchebaggish? Like reneging and starting bs threads, back peddling when you're called, or apologetic after the fact douchebaggish?

LOL.(troller) The RAS is that way---->. They might be willing to listen.

pepster

Quote Originally Posted by Keiko View Post
    You got a way with words Keiko! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by gdb View Post
    Love the sax !! Love Candy D. !!

I just now got to listen to this... Awesome thanks!. I love a sax man. Only thing better than a sax is my wife standing behind it!

Quote Originally Posted by Vr3MxStyler2k3 View Post
    Well in my opinion you are being childish and annoying.

The fact you have taken this crap to multiple threads is just unnecessary...

Maybe if you had contained your "opinion" to the first thread this started in but you seemingly are following the OP to any thread involving SDAs -

I understand your viewpoint but it still could be something to be considered to be contained to a private message and respectfully discussed with the OP than say for instance, causing a division of the forum and harassing a newer member.

So how about you let this "die" and stop chasing him around the forum.

Thanks!
    Harassment??? Chasing??? WTF are you talking about. I have posted this opinion exactly two times once in two threads. Chasing??? You need to gain some perspective.

Across multiple treads??? WTF are you talking about. My mass blitz was in two (count em up) two whole threads.

Exaggerate much In fact he's the one calling me names and getting his panties in a twist, not me.

Merry Christmas too all

H9

Member Sales Rating: (24)

*********yawn*********

Happy Holidays to everyone. It seems especially in this season, people should gain perspective of what is really important. No use getting worked up over completely trivial things.

Thread Information