My first post and a total newbie, so apologize in advace for ignorance.
I am setting up my first 'real' HT (first one two years ago was Samsung HTIB in bedroom with Samsung Plasma) in our bonus room. I've been going back and forth on equipment selection and was hoping to get confirmation that what I have and have planned will work okay.
What I already have:
- Room size - 18x26 (basically a square with exception of back wall - one side is 4 ft shorter)
- Epson Powerlite 8350 projector and Epson universal ceiling mount (planning to run 16-20' HDMI from Receiver through wall, ceiling and to the projector)
- Sony Bluray DVD network DVD player (BDP-S580)
- 2 Polk Audio TSi400 Front Speakers (plan running concealed speaker wire under carpet to speakers)
Here's what I am about to purchase:
- Receiver: Yamaha - 875W 7.1-Ch. (RX-V671BL)
- Sub: Polk Audio PSW111 (possibly running concealed subwoofer cable if putting it at front of room instead of next to receiver - not sure best place to put it)
- Surround/Rear: Polk Audio RC85i 2-Way In-Wall Speakers (2 Pair, White; one pair on my side walls and one pair on back wall; will paint to match my chocolate brown walls)
- Center: Polk Audio CS20
- Screen Innovations Sensation 120" matte white (considering 'Performance' series screen but double the cost!)
- I was questioning whether the Yamaha 671 would be okay for this speaker mix, but from another thread (anon I believe), he was using similar if not more and believe the response was it was okay. The other receiver I'm considering is the Yamaha Aventage RX-A1010BL (but again, double the cost). Will the Aventage make a noticeable difference for a non-audiophile or offer any other immediate advantage?
- I've gone back and forth on the in-wall speakers vs. something like the OWM-3 or 5's. My wife prefers them to be more invisible, but also doubts my in-wall installation capabilities (I've never done it). I'm also wondering about 'rattle' in the walls?
- And on that last point, I'm also wondering if this is more than I should tackle if I've never done it before - seems doable to me, but I'd hate to run wire through walls, ceilings, under carpet, etc. and then it not sound or work right. Any advice on DIY vs. professional installation? Best Buy Geek Squad has quoted me $1200 to do all the install (incl. projector ceiling mount and screen mount).
- How important is a power conditioner - BB quoted a Panamax for around $120.
- Wondering about flat speaker cable for running under the carpet - any issues with that?
- Will the different depth of back wall have any effect on the in-wall speakers? There is a small area on the 'long' side that is the same depth of other side and where I could corner mount the OWM's instead of doing in-walls on the back walls).
Sorry again for so many questions and ignorance on my part, but any help or advice on any of the above is very much appreciated!