Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Polkfest 2012

Member Sales Rating: (31)

Quote Originally Posted by Jstas View Post
    Depends. On a few things.
    No excuses or we'll have to kidnap you as you leave Polk HQ.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche

Member Sales Rating: (9)

Quote Originally Posted by George Grand View Post
    Can you remember who ate you for lunch?
    I can, it was... Hey! Look, a castle!
    Wris****ch--->Crisco

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Any recommendations or a central hotel that most are going to booking
    Home Theater:Samsung8000-55LED,Pioneer SC35, Pioneer DV-79AVi, Sunfire TGA7201, LSi25, LCi RTSc, LC80i
    2chnl system:Melody 101 tube pre, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, W4S Dac, MG Audio Planus2 speaker cables
    Office rig: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures

My parole office says I can attend Polkfest as long as there are no felons on the premises. I told him that these felons don't know polyswitches from premises so I should be safe.

Besides, after buying Larry's wonderful rings, Gimpod's great boards, Mike's plethora of excellent gaskets, some MIT cables and a bunch of mystery parts from Sonic Craft and Mills, (...just what the devil is that round white thing with wires sticking out?) I thought I should consider maybe buying some speakers now. - greybeard

Member Sales Rating: (11)

Quote Originally Posted by brgman View Post
    Nice! I'm all in for this.
    wait-
    DORO isn't gonna be there is he???
    my thoughts exactly...

well if you all really want to see me again.. I guess I could try and make the trip.. sheesh.. the pressure.

*i hope there is a prize for furthest traveled*

Member Sales Rating: (16)

Al, you better be there. You missed the last 2. It's your responsibility as a senior member-lol

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass

Pass Aleph 30; Eastern Electric Mini Max; Adcom GDA600; MIT S3/Z Pc; SDA 1C; Squeezebox; Tubes add soul!

Member Sales Rating: (58)

Quote Originally Posted by brgman View Post
    Nice! I'm all in for this.
    wait-
    DORO isn't gonna be there is he???
    Why wouldn't I be there? I'll have a nametag on so just avoid me whenever possible and you'll have a great time. You'll never even miss me and when you're back home, rolling around naked in your freebies, squandered nick nacks and dirty memories of vR3, it'll be soooo worth it.
    Last edited by dorokusai; 02-02-2012 at 08:31 PM.

pepster

$10 Paypal to anyone who can get me a pic of brgman in a compromised position.

Scompracer and I will be ther driving a white van with speakers. Picking up vermin from the airport. I know Brock enjoyed the ride during the last Polkfest at HQ!!!
    Carl

Quote Originally Posted by danger boy View Post
    well if you all really want to see me again.. I guess I could try and make the trip.. sheesh.. the pressure.
    We're looking forward to seeing you Al!! Bring a couple of the WA crowd with you, maybe charter a plane.
    Carl

Member Sales Rating: (12)

Quote Originally Posted by schwarcw View Post
    Scompracer and I will be ther driving a white van with speakers. Picking up vermin from the airport. I know Brock enjoyed the ride during the last Polkfest at HQ!!!
    LMAO! What memories! We'll still remove the back seats regardless of speakers being in there or not.
    Make yourself necessary to someone. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Salk SoundScape 8's
    Krell KRC-HR Class A Pre w/ Reference Phono
    Krell Class A KSA-250
    Harmonic Technology Pro 9+
    Squeezebox Touch / Welborne Labs PS / I2S Out Mod
    Denon 3910 w/I2S/DSD Out
    Twisted Pear Buffalo III Dual Mono ESS Sabre32 DAC
    Sennheiser HD650
    Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive
    AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm
    AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R
    Shunyata Hydra (Original)
    NHT B-12d subs
    GIK Acoustic Treatments

CP Showcase

Scompracer and I will be ther driving a white van with speakers. Picking up vermin from the airport. I know Brock enjoyed the ride during the last Polkfest at HQ!!!.
    Quote Originally Posted by SCompRacer View Post
    LMAO! What memories! We'll still remove the back seats regardless of speakers being in there or not.
    Great memories for sure. Can't wait for PF 2012.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass

Pass Aleph 30; Eastern Electric Mini Max; Adcom GDA600; MIT S3/Z Pc; SDA 1C; Squeezebox; Tubes add soul!

Quote Originally Posted by dorokusai View Post
    Why wouldn't I be there? I'll have a nametag on so just avoid me whenever possible and you'll have a great time. You'll never even miss me and when you're back home, rolling around naked in your freebies, squandered nick nacks and dirty memories of vR3, it'll be soooo worth it.
    I'll be looking for that name tag... and when I find it I'll give whoever is wearing it a big ole Pac10 smack on the chapless ass.
    Sda2.3 (Tweets, Spikes)
    Sda1C (Tweets, Sonicaps, Mills, Boards, Spikes, Rings, Dynamat)
    Rta11T (Tweets, Sonicaps, Mills, Spikes, Rings, Dynamat)
    5jr+ (Tweets, Spikes)
    CS350ls (Sonicap, Spikes)
    12" DXi x 2 (Dayton Plate. Slot ported Custom boxes)

Sunfire TGP3, Sunfire SIG 425x5, Oppo BDP-93, Belkin PF60, Sony PS3 Slim 320 gig, Technics SL-1360
    DH Labs Prostudio XLR-Toslink-Hdmi,Peps for the Oppo, amp, pre and subs)

Member Sales Rating: (13)

Quote Originally Posted by pepster View Post
    $10 Paypal to anyone who can get me a pic of brgman in a compromised position.
    Yeah, good luck with that one.
    'Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

We're looking forward to seeing you Al!! Bring a couple of the WA crowd with you, maybe charter a plane.
    I"m looking forward to seeing you Carl and the rest of the gang... I will see who want's to make the trip with me to PF12!

I am going to try and make this so I can get the full experience, and maybe put faces to insults.

For me, it is a good time since it is almost my B-day, and I need to get back to MD to see the folks. Since they are on the Wye River, the summer traffic on Route 50 should be over so driving won't be a pain.

Sounds like a good time! I'll go, but only if I'm awared the "Bought the most sets of SDAs in the past year" award -- 6 sets!

This might be a tough one to pass up since it's at Polk Headquarters!

Quote Originally Posted by txcoastal1 View Post
    Any recommendations or a central hotel that most are going to booking
    Same Question

Member Sales Rating: (49)

Quote Originally Posted by audio_alan View Post
    Sounds like a good time! I'll go, but only if I'm awared the "Bought the most sets of SDAs in the past year" award -- 6 sets!

This might be a tough one to pass up since it's at Polk Headquarters!
    We could plan the trip together? Maybe save a few bucks on air fair as well..

All the recommendations can be found in the historical threads about Polkfest here at HQ from previous years. 2005 was the first one at HQ.

I'll put together another more formal thread this month. As far as multiple people staying in heh same location, you guys will really have to start talking to one another and get a plan together. We've tried to recommend and help guide people to stay in the same place and half the folks don't listen, can't commit at the same time and it's just general confusion since everyone is in a different stage of commitment at this time.

Just get your stuff together, decide if you're coming or not and post your interest here. If you can't decide whether you're coming or not by the end of the month, your not coming so accept it and help those that are nail down some lodging.

Historically, there's about a 25% attrition rate in the final tally of attendees. Some people will talk for MONTHS about how they can't wait and how awesome it's going to be, which it is, and then never show up. This is usually followed by endless statements of they hate their lives and why why? why! or damn my grandmother for deciding to die that week, etc etc.

This is a huge event for Polk beings it's the anniversary and will most likely be the last for homebase events. If you're going to make one of the famous Polkfests, this is one you have to be a part of. The second one I'd highly suggest never missing down the road is the South Carolina Polkfest's. They set the bar for all others to be judged, are always the most memorable and most supported by Polk.

Start deciding and telling your wife now, that you WILL be going and she's gonna have to strap in and work out the details.

My personal suggestion is to come in on Thursday so you can meet up with local Polkies, get a nice dinner with the early crowd in a smaller venue and atmosphere and leave Sunday afternoon. As far as quick lodging, stay at/near BWI Airport if you're flying in and if you're carpooling, stay within 15 minutes of the HQ. Do not fly into Dulles or Reagan. Neither is convenient in any way,especially Dulles.

If you need a rental car, contact Warlocks1.

Mark
    Last edited by dorokusai; 02-07-2012 at 06:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Toolfan66 View Post
    We could plan the trip together? Maybe save a few bucks on air fair as well..
    Good idea. At the very least we could try to get on the same flights so we can share cabs or a rental car, etc. Let's see how things shape up as more details come out. Then we can discuss finalizing plans...

Will most people be flying in on Thursday, and leaving on Sunday?

Member Sales Rating: (49)

That would be my guess..

Member Sales Rating: (9)

Here's a link to the '08 PF logistics thread.

IIRC, most stayed at the Hilton in Pikesville. There are absolutely no good bars around there, however.

In other news, Tony Romo's is no longer open. Anyone wishing to perform the green apple quickstep after dinner will need to find somewhere else to eat.
    Wris****ch--->Crisco

Member Sales Rating: (2)

Wishing my spring and summer away...

Thumbs up

i'm down to stay at whatever hotel is reasonably priced and where the majority of the attendees are staying. It's great being in the same place as other members.. then when guest arrive.. you can stand outside and try to match faces with names.. it's a hoot... no one ever looks like their nickname.... I'm the exception of course.

Mark is right for once... decide to be a part of this event and make it happen. If you don't have funds right now.. well find a way and save up for the trip. There are right now over 6 months to raise the coins and plan ahead. This is an event you MUST plan ahead for.. doing things last minute will usually not turn out as planned. I've never understood why some people within driving distance can't make it to PF. I fly literally cross country and still have made 2
    Polkfests. So if I can make it happen I'm sure other's can as well.. esp if you live within driving distance.

I fly in on Thurs.. meet up with who ever else is checking into the hotel and we go out for dinner and drinks. IT's great getting to see familiar faces and long lost pals from the site. It's a brotherhood of sorts.

Plan ahead and make it happen. Don't be the one to regret not going. You will kick yourself once you hear the great stories and see the pics. You can quote me on that.

I hope we get some new faces this year at PF12, I'm not sure how many more of these with RuSsMaN I can handle.

Think of it this way.... this is the Super Bowl of Polk gatherings.. you would never miss the Super Bowl would you? lol
    Last edited by danger boy; 02-08-2012 at 02:25 AM.

Member Sales Rating: (7)

lookin' for fava beans and a nice chianti

BDT is in like swimwear. TLW will probably be in as well.

Just for Al, I've got a 2 liter bottle of a special, imported, beverage.

Game on.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut

Member Sales Rating: (2)

Already getting excited for this. The last PF at HQ was awesome even though I was on crutches the whole time and in a lot of pain but it was well worth it.

Who are we going to make fun of this year, Dave?

H9

I say it's Russman this year H9. He's due for some breaking down and rebuilding.

Thread Information