Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Member Sales Rating: (40)

Default LSAF - Lone Star Audio Fest 2012 - May 4 - 6

http://lonestaraudiofest.com/

Details forthcoming, stay tuned!

Update - My good friend Chris Sommovigo will be cabling the room with Black Cat Cables. Those who attended CAF might remember him, he was right across the hall from the Polk room Mark was running - AND he's promised some goodies to raffle off to those in attendance!

Update - Talked to some more friends in the industry and Marc Phillips and Colleen Cardas (exclusive US importer of Unison Research), and they are going to provide some STELLAR back end gear for the Polk room! We shall be tubed ala Unico!

Update - Confirmation of Polk LSiM 705's being shipped down tomorrow to start break in, plus some cool raffle items and freebies! Rumor of a special guest making his 2nd appearance in Texas for the event - nothing confirmed yet, but if it goes through he'll be signing 8x10's for his fans.

More to come!

Cheers,
    Russ
    Last edited by RuSsMaN; 04-03-2012 at 09:52 PM.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Hopefully I can come out this year!

Russ, if Polk is setting up a room this year and you need some help, give me a shout.

pepster

Uh oh Russ.
    Getting close to my neck of the woods.
    I am going assless chaps shopping tomorrow!
    Last edited by pepster; 02-08-2012 at 10:58 PM.

Member Sales Rating: (5)

Hmmm... embassy suites again. That's 5 minutes from my house, so I don't have much excuse not to show up.
    Are you part of the dirty digital peasants or a member of the great Analog Master Race?

SDA Recommended Playlist https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...FZCRkdxYXVNanc

Open for editing.

Russman
    Be in Dallas Thursday-Sunday keep in touch, I'll give you a hand. Will be staying at the Embassy.....

Its a good time polkies
    Home Theater:Samsung8000-55LED,Pioneer SC35, Pioneer DV-79AVi, Sunfire TGA7201, LSi25, LCi RTSc, LC80i
    2chnl system:Melody 101 tube pre, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, W4S Dac, MG Audio Planus2 speaker cables
    Office rig: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures

Awesome. I missed last years, will not miss this time.

Got confirmation from Polk HQ, it's definately on. Working on getting some really special gear this year for the back end rig - FAR out of my measily budget!
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.

Member Sales Rating: (22)

Directly over the center of the earth in Olathe Kansas

Kewl
    Speakers: SDA-1C (most all the goodies)
    Preamp: Joule Electra LA-150 MKII SE
    Amp: Wright WPA 50-50 EAT KT88s
    Analog: Marantz TT-15S1 MBS Glider SL| Wright WPP100C Amperex BB 6er5 and 7316 & WPM-100 SUT
    Digital: Mac mini 2.3GHz dual-core i5 8g RAM 1.5 TB HDD Music Server Amarra (memory play) - USB - W4S DAC 2
    Cables: Mits S3 IC and Spk cables| PS Audio PCs

Ofc: Wright WLA12 preamp: Anthem Amp 1: Pio Elite DV-79AVI: Airport Express: CAL Sigma II DAC: PA LS90 sonicaps and mills

Update to initial post - Black Cat Cable will be cabling the room!

Ron, I'll be checking in Thursday and setting up. Let me know when you get in, we can knock a few back, go to the range, whatever!
    Last edited by RuSsMaN; 03-05-2012 at 11:48 PM.

Member Sales Rating: (10)

don't drink 'em all, save a couple for us.
    Main system
    http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr...pin&1162599347 Freelance reviewer for StereoMojo

Marvin, I'll make sure I've got some proper esoteric local brews on hand for you.

Marv name your poison and I load some in the ice chest...you too Skip

I will also be picking up those MD2's from Stan and also hopefully Name:  Melody 101.jpg
Views: 702
Size:  197.7 KBone of these while in town

Maybe we can do a little tubular burn in

Holla at you soon Russ
    Home Theater:Samsung8000-55LED,Pioneer SC35, Pioneer DV-79AVi, Sunfire TGA7201, LSi25, LCi RTSc, LC80i
    2chnl system:Melody 101 tube pre, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, W4S Dac, MG Audio Planus2 speaker cables

That's awesome Ron, we'll have to have a mini meet after and give it a go. I'm giving Colleen Cardas Imports exclusive use of Unico gear in the room for the show (as updated above).
    Last edited by RuSsMaN; 03-06-2012 at 09:26 PM.

You guys are just making me want those tubes more and more.

Quote Originally Posted by RuSsMaN View Post
    That's awesome Ron, we'll have to have a mini meet after and give it a go. I'm giving Colleen Cardas Imports exclusive use of Unico gear in the room for the show (as updated above).
    Gonna be busy, picking up the tube pre and the Usher minidancer 2's , & going to try to bring up some light gear and probably bust the boxes in my room and play.....will becoming to Big D on Wednesday. Will also be around to help

Cheers

Man, you guys make me homesick. I can't wait to get back home to S.A. (4-5yrs) so I can come see what all the fuss is about.
    Draggn' knee is exhilarating, 150mph wheel standers are pretty cool too

Home Theater-7.2
    Display-SamsungPN64D8000 | Receiver-Onkyo TX-NR807 | Source-OPPOBDP-103 | Amplifiers-Emotiva; XPA-2 x2, XPA-3 | Speakers: PolkAudio; mains-RTiA9, rears-RTiA9, center-CSiA6, surrounds-FXiA6 | Sub-Epik Empire x 2 | Interconnects-Emotiva

Cans
    Grado RS2i

2 Ch Rig
    First purchase will be; a pair of ? but I'd love a pair of SDA SRS

. I'm giving Colleen Cardas Imports exclusive use of Unico gear in the room for the show.
    Googled Unico, that looks like really sweet gear and probably out of my price line....this will be exciting. Coleen sounded pretty stoked about the line

Main system
    http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr...pin&1162599347 Freelance reviewer for StereoMojo

Initial post updated, full speed ahead, this is going to be a GOOD one. Be there. Make it so.

As an aside, I've been talking with Wayne as we organize this grass roots show - and there is going to be a must be present to win raffle sometime Saturday afternoon, and guests will have a ballot box to vote for 'Best in Show', for their favorite room. The winner gets nothing more than to proudly wear that badge until next year.

Cheers,
    Russ

Awesome, looking forward to this..

Halen

Alright guys a month away the vendors list has grown and looks even better than last year

Make a showing for a good time and great sound especially for Polk and Russ

Cheers
    Ron

Member Sales Rating: (20)

I'm bringing a 'newbie' with me this year. He's not new to audio, but he's new to this event. you guys be nice to him
    Main HT
    Magnepan 1.6QR fronts, POlk R15 surrounds, Pioneer SC-25, Parasound Halo A23, Oppo BDP-105, Panasonic TC-P60ZT60, Sony PS3, Apple TV

Bedroom System
    Polk Blackstone TL3, Polk PSWi225 Wireless Sub, HK 3490 Integrated, Oppo BDP-103, Sharp Aquos 32" TV, Apple TV

Office Rig
    27" iMac w/Amarra, AudioQuest Dragonfly 1.2, Focal XS Book, Schiit Valhalla, Cypher Labs Theorem 720, Philips Fidelio X1, Sennheiser HD600, HiFiMan HE-500, B&W P7, LG 47LM7600, Sony PS3, Apple TV

danny richie said tyler acoustics will be at the lsaf this year. can't wait.
    Main system

The Richie / Dodd room is going to be one to hear.

My buddy Marc Phillips did a quick write up today ->
    http://thevinylanachronist.blogspot.com/
    Last edited by RuSsMaN; 04-13-2012 at 09:37 PM.

The Richie / Dodd room is going to be one to hear.

My buddy Marc Phillips did a quick write up today ->
    http://thevinylanachronist.blogspot.com/
    Tried calling you a few days ago. I picked up some RT55's with the CS1000p and had to fill up a few miles away from your house. I was going to see if you wanted to spend some time with the bookies again since they won't see time in my system and I'm in no real hurry to get rid of them.
    Last edited by DSkip; 04-13-2012 at 09:56 PM.

That would be cool, I actually have always wanted to do a formal side by side with the RT7's.

Member Sales Rating: (41)

Russman, interested in your thoughts on the 707's vs 705's once you get them.

Thanks

The 705's are here, but they are getting nothing but break-in until the show. I doubt I will listen critically until I have them at the show, and on some gear they deserve. That being said, I will post my honest thoughts on them for what it's worth.

Cheers,
    Russ

Member Sales Rating: (41)

Can you recommend a nice amp for the 705's? Looking for some different for mine.

Thread Information