Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (25)

Default Pretty Dang Cool!! B-25!

Got out of my car to deliver my courier stuff at Boeing Field in Seattle and heard some engine noise, no jet sound these, no tiny prop job either. Looked to my left and at about 100-200 ft off the runway came a B-25 buzzing along!! Have never seein one flying before, especially not at that height...made my week/month/year even
    Computer room

Rega RP1 w/Performance Pack
    Vienna Acoustics Bach Classic
    Magnavox CDB650 transport
    Modded MSB DAC
    Pioneer F-91 Tuner
    Lounge Audio MM phono preamp w/LCR RIAA Correction
    Jolida JD1501 Integrated Amp

H/T

Samsung Plasma
    Outlaw 950 pre/pro
    Tannoy Saturn 8's
    Hsu sub
    Emotiva UPA-500 5-channel amp
    Adcom GCD-600
    Philips Turntable
    Battery powered phono pre

Garage

Jennings Research Square
    Custom tube preamp
    Yamaha M-65
    Philips 935
    Modded MSB Link DAC

Member Sales Rating: (12)

There are several warbirds that fly the skys around where I live, including B-25's and a few Mustangs. The best sight for my Marine Corps heart however is the sound of the MASSIVE Pratt&Whitney R2800 powered Corsair. I can always imagine the sweet sound these birds gave our boys on the beach. If possible, I still pop to and salute the bent winged "Whistling Death" every time I see her fly by.

Nothing better than high octane vintage warbirds to help one remember those that protected our freedoms.
    HT Setup... Pioneer Elite SC-37, Polk Audio SDA-SRS 1.2TL's , Oppo BDP 93
    Two Channel... Carver Statement 450~1 Vacuum Tube Monoblocks, Dodd Mid-line Tube Linestage with Psvane 12Ax7 tubes, Pioneer Pdd 9Mk II SACD Player, Yamaha PX-3 Turntable with Sumiko BPS EvoIII, Polk Audio SDA-SRS 1.2TLs.

"Everything we have fought for has been lost, and everything we fought against, we have become...."

Member Sales Rating: (55)

That and the Douglas A/B-26 were hot airplanes.

Member Sales Rating: (16)

Best vintage WWII warbird experience I had was when I was working in England for an install at Lakenheath RAF.

They had a Lancaster bomber and 2 Spitfires - the Spitfires flew a practice airshow routine - and the sound of those engines and props was *amazing*! You could feel the power pulses in your body as they would fly low overhead. And to see them in person - in England - pretty darn cool.

The next day the Lancaster roared up and took off with the Spitfires to do an airshow someplace - that was way cool too - seeing them flying away in formation.

H9: If you don't trust what you are hearing, then maybe you need to be less invested in a hobby which all the pleasure comes from listening to music.

Member Sales Rating: (1)

I had an awesome experience at a airshow in november. Not only did i watch a b25 flyover a few times but, at the end of the show when the planes where leaving, I was asked to help push it back so it could taxi out. So me a few soldiers and the owners pushed it out of the corner it was displayed in.Touching metal that was almost 70 years old and that more then likely saw combat was such a surreal experience. Afterward I watched them wind the props and startup. I wont ever forget it.

I have some video I will post up.
    HT Rig Sharp LC-52LE810|Panasonic BDP210|Pioneer Elite VSX-32|Polk Audio RTiA5 Cherry|Polk Audio CsiA6 Cherry|Polk Audio T-15|DSW Pro 600, Micro Pro4000 powered with a Crown XLS1000

2Channel Rig Polk Audio LSi9 Cherry| Carver C-1|Carver M1.0t|Dual 1257|Acer A500|Pioneer SW8-MKII X2

Member Sales Rating: (1)

A few weeks back we had a B25 and two Mustangs fly over in a V formation. The rumble of those Piston engines shook the ground.

Totally made my day, month, year. They did a few flyovers that day and every time they stopped everyone in there tracks.

Just Awesome to see...
    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Smith View Post
    WOW!

That's like working your way through Katie Perry in order to get to Rosie O'Donnell.

Thread Information