Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Quote Originally Posted by halo71 View Post
    Glad you are liking them! Question though, in that one close up pic of the tweeter. Are the screw heads roughed up or is that lighting in the picture?
    It is crap lighting combined with the crap camera on my droid x2. They are all black although it does appear that the paint is wore off.
    Receiver: ONKYO 709
    Amplifier: Acurus A200x3
    Front: EmpTek E55Ti
    Center: EmpTek E56Ci
    Surround: EmpTek E5Bi
    Sub: Elemental Designs A5-350
    TV: LG 55"
    Blu-Ray: PS3

Nice! Looking forward to your listening impressions, both initially and after burn in.
    "Science is suppose to explain observations not dismiss them as impossible" - Norm on AA; 2.3TL's w/sonicaps/mills, polyswitches removed, Lg Solen inductors, RD-0198's, MW's dynamatted, Armaflex speaker gaskets, H-nuts, brass spikes, Cardas CCGR BP's, upgraded IC Cable, Black Hole Damping Sheet strips installed on back wall behind MW's & Tweeters, interior of cabinets sealed, AI-1 interface with 1000VA A-L transformer

Member Sales Rating: (10)

Any more thoughts from the OP on his purchase? How about the guy that was getting some in the Burl wood color?
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Anymore updates as to how these speaker sound compared to the Monitor 70's?
    AVR: PIONEER SC-1522-K
    FRONT L/R: MONITOR 70 II
    CENTER: MONITOR 25C
    SURROUND L/R: JAMO S426
    SURROUND BACK L/R: ENERGRY EF-500
    SUBWOOFER: DUAL KLIPSCH RW-12D

SERVER: UNRAID 15TB
    MEDIA PLAYERS: DUNE SMART SERIES D1
    HDTV: SAMSUNG PN50A650

Default Small world research comes full circle

Funny how some things circle back to here...

I am really intrigued by these EMP's also.

http://emptek.com/e55ti.php

I can see a couple of ring radiators replacing the stripped-down version of the Parts Express Dayton dome tweeter

http://www.parts-express.com/dayton-...eeter--275-140

with a simple, and independent 3rd order XO, new terminal cup for bi-wiring the tweeters separate from the OE XO...

I am also intrigued by these JBL's

http://www.stereophile.com/floorloudspeakers/906jbl/

Pretty funny how long this thread has sewn it's course so to speak. I hope slammin86 likes and loves his speakers.Yes they are his speakers and if he thinks they sound better and are a better bargin than what he had before all power to him. You guys know me by now, I have zero experience w/ Polk products until I got the vintage SDA 2bs so I have nothing to compare to or complain about.I do have 1 question on page 5. He shows the back and complains he needs some kind of mounting device to hang the things.Then he attaches his own bracket.What's that gold hole above the terminal cups for.I thought maybe a threaded recepticle for a swivel mounting bracket but I could be wrong, I really don't know what it is.I'm also in the camp of not liking black gloss piano finish.I have them on my Klipsch smalls but anything else in the house are real wood finish. DCM socks don't apply but do have darker oak tops, ADC303ax dark walnut, and dark walnut tops for the 2Bs.

Member Sales Rating: (4)

Quote Originally Posted by leftwinger57 View Post
    What's that gold hole above the terminal cups for.I thought maybe a threaded recepticle for a swivel mounting bracket but I could be wrong, I really don't know what it is..
    I checked out EMP web page and they sell a mounting bracket that can be used with that "threaded recepticale".
    http://emptek.com/images/Manuals/Spe...acketInstr.pdf

Well at least I didn't embarass my self w/ my conclusion of what that hole was for.Another conclusion I came to after reading this entire thread is that I really did not ever think these were "White Van Speakers" reason being most do not show any facility at all and any other of their products. There are a few here who are so Polk loyal they I think refuse to believe that a bargin w/ another brand can be bought at a susbstantial savings. To them spend your cash your way and let the op or prospective customers check out what they are buying for themselves w/o knocking the sh&t out of them.I'm kinda lucky I think not hearing much of the Polk line but I do know Klipsch smalls killed their equivelant at the time and again speaker selection is very,very subjective.Most here bash Bose and rightly so for what they charge and what you get in return but on a few ocassions they had a good speaker like the 601.yes, 30 years ago but so do Polk w/ their 26/27 y/o SDAs.

Any more feedback on these speakers by EMP? I'm tossing between a set of RTI a series and the EMP. Love the 31" center channel and their finish but at new price the sets are about the same price. Love to hear from those with experience. Thanks!

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Congrats to slammin for getting such a nice looking pair of speaker for such a low price. Add to that the fact that he greatly prefers them to his previous speakers and it's an unqualified success story. Bravo!

Default speakers

If you bought them and are happy with them that's all that counts . You don't need affirmation from anyone else but yourself.

Yeah! Congrats to Slammin but does anyone else have an experiential view on these speakers?

Thread Information