Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Psvane 12AX7

Member Sales Rating: (8)

Default Psvane 12AX7

Does anyone have any experience with these tubes? I am thinking about these for my Jolida tube DAC. They seem to get good reviews.

Also I am looking for a suggestion for a relatively (compared to the associated equipment) inexpensive digital Coax cable to replace the Monster cable I have been using between my Squeezebox Touch and Jolida DAC>

Thanks,

MLS
    I like speakers that are bigger than a small refrigerator but smaller than a big refrigerator:D

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Have a pair if 12AT7's that i like very much.

Member Sales Rating: (16)

Quote Originally Posted by MillerLiteScott View Post
    Does anyone have any experience with these tubes? I am thinking about these for my Jolida tube DAC. They seem to get good reviews.

Also I am looking for a suggestion for a relatively (compared to the associated equipment) inexpensive digital Coax cable to replace the Monster cable I have been using between my Squeezebox Touch and Jolida DAC>

Thanks,

MLS
    I was in the same boat as far as a digital cable and this fits the criteria of low cost and very good performance. Blue Jeans Cable - Belden 1694A

http://www.bluejeanscable.com/store/...udio/index.htm
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass

Pass Aleph 30; Eastern Electric Mini Max; Adcom GDA600; MIT S3/Z Pc; SDA 1C; Squeezebox; Tubes add soul!

Member Sales Rating: (16)

No experience with the PSVANE's but I can recommend RCA 12AX7 Black Plates, very nice smooth tube with a huge soundstage that shouldn't break the bank.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass

Pass Aleph 30; Eastern Electric Mini Max; Adcom GDA600; MIT S3/Z Pc; SDA 1C; Squeezebox; Tubes add soul!

Member Sales Rating: (6)

The Belden is excellent, I've used it with cables 4 times it's price, and I always end up going back to the Belden for absolute neutrality.

Transport: Oppo BDP-103/USB HDD (flac)
    DAC/Preamp: Benchmark DAC/PRE
    Power Amp: Parasound HCA-1500A
    Speakers: Harbeth Compact 7ES-3 Monitor
    Cables: Kimber Hero/8TC; DH Labs D-75

Member Sales Rating: (5)

Re-electing our politicians would be like chickens voting for Colonel Sanders

Member Sales Rating: (1)

I have them in my Jolida CPD. They are excellent.
    System
    ModWright SWL 9.0SE Signature Preamp | Aragon 8008 Mk II Amplifier
    Sonus Faber Cremona Loudspeakers
    Squeezebox Touch |Rega DAC
    | Jolida JD-100A CDP | Sansui TU-717 Tuner (Joseph Chow Mods)

Member Sales Rating: (8)

Thank you. Done and Done.
    I like speakers that are bigger than a small refrigerator but smaller than a big refrigerator:D

Member Sales Rating: (13)

I use both the Psvane 12AX7 and the Blue Jeans (Belden) digital in my system with great results.
    2 channel - Parasound A21 amp, PS Audio PWD MKII w/bridge, modded EE Minimax pre, ML Source speakers, Kimber 4TC, Gabriel Gold Rapture V3/Silnote Morpheus Ref. II IC's, Ps Audio AC5, AC3 and Pangea AC14XL power cords
    HT - Pio. Elite VSX21TXH, LG 60PK550 plasma, Panny DMP-BDT210 BDP, DTV HD receiver, SB Touch, 5 x Polk RC85i in-wall speakers
    Computer - Windows 7/JRiver, M2Tech HiFace 2 w/external battery power, Grant Fidelity TubeDac 11, Fostex PMO.4n monitors

Member Sales Rating: (9)

Scott, I have an inexpensive Signal Cable Dig. Coax that I have compared to the Blue Jeans cable. I prefer the Signal http://signalcable.com/digitalcoax.html

Both are very good cables for the money. Also have the PSVANE 12AX7s in my Jolida, great tube, getting ready to pick up a pair of 12AU7s.
    SDA CRS+4.1TL's/Modded SDA 1C's/Modded SDA SRS 3.1TL's/Modded SDA SRS 2.3TL's

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Seems an unfamiliar brand....

Member Sales Rating: (22)

Directly over the center of the earth in Olathe Kansas

I have them in my CDP, nice and quiet. Pretty neutral sounding tube. I do like the Sylvania 5751 BP, 3 mica D getter better.
    Speakers: SDA-1C (most all the goodies)
    Preamp: Joule Electra LA-150 MKII SE
    Amp: Wright WPA 50-50 EAT KT88s
    Analog: Marantz TT-15S1 MBS Glider SL| Wright WPP100C Amperex BB 6er5 and 7316 & WPM-100 SUT
    Digital: Mac mini 2.3GHz dual-core i5 8g RAM 1.5 TB HDD Music Server Amarra (memory play) - USB - W4S DAC 2
    Cables: Mits S3 IC and Spk cables| PS Audio PCs

Ofc: Wright WLA12 preamp: Anthem Amp 1: Pio Elite DV-79AVI: Airport Express: CAL Sigma II DAC: PA LS90 sonicaps and mills

Thread Information