Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 38

Thread: Yaqin MS-34d

  1. #1

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    24

    Default Yaqin MS-34d

    Has anyone tried this...wanted to know if some one have used this Amplifier...the connection to be used is

    PC-> DAC-> MS-34D ->Speakers.....


    aand if some one has used it what is the tube rolling on this..


    V

  2. #2

    Member Sales Rating: (13)

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    1,524

    Default

    I have the Yaqin MS-20L and it sounds really good hooked up via PC-> DAC-> MS-20L ->Speakers. Give the stock tubes a listen for a few weeks. They're pretty good tubes IMHO. YMMV

  3. #3

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by michaeljhsda2 View Post
    I have the Yaqin MS-20L and it sounds really good hooked up via PC-> DAC-> MS-20L ->Speakers. Give the stock tubes a listen for a few weeks. They're pretty good tubes IMHO. YMMV
    Wil try what kinda music showed the biggest difference to you...also i have peachtree dac with tube preamp...


    V

  4. #4

    Member Sales Rating: (1)

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    4,278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by this_is_vv View Post
    Wil try what kinda music showed the biggest difference to you...also i have peachtree dac with tube preamp...


    V
    As a yaqin owner I will say you will notice a huge difference with anything you throw at it. This is especially true in the bass department and the vocals come over so fluid and clear it just makes it way more enjoyable to listen for a long period of time without fatigue. With all the yaqin products I think you would enjoy them better if you replace the preamp 6n1 tubes but the power tubes are really good so they can stay

    I notice like my yaqin you only need to replace 4 6n1 pre tubes so you could go for some awesome genalex gold lion 6922's that gets used on all the high end preamps for a worth while upgrade. That would be $180 new on here or ebay @$45 a tube. For now though just bring one home and enjoy all your music

    When I got my yaqin I popped in some rage against the machine and i could not believe I was listening to the same set of speakers. Tube amps are awesome

  5. #5

    Member Sales Rating: (13)

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    1,524

    Default

    ^^^ What he said ^^^

  6. #6

    Member Sales Rating: (1)

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    4,278

    Default

    How's this for some yaqin tube porn michaeljhsda2 ?

    http://www.ebay.com/itm/YAQIN-MS-845...item3a6772be4a

  7. #7

    Member Sales Rating: (13)

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    1,524

    Default

    Nice! I've been waiting for the monoblocks to come out. I have my AI-1 ready to go!

  8. #8

    Member Sales Rating: (10)

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Saginaw, Texas 76131
    Posts
    1,661

    Default

    the yaqin ms 34d uses 6j1/6ak5 signal tubes not 6n1/6dj8 of the mc 10l.
    Main system
    http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr...pin&1162599347 Freelance reviewer for StereoMojo

  9. #9

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    24

    Default

    i have been told this is a good replacement...

    http://www.ebay.com/itm/350535034157#ht_3324wt_1140

  10. #10

    Member Sales Rating: (10)

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Saginaw, Texas 76131
    Posts
    1,661

    Default

    i have read the 6j1p-ev is the more rugged tube.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/4x-MATCHED-T...item3a6fff7b4a
    i have some 1944 western electric/tung sol 6ak5 in my 20l.
    Last edited by marvda1; 02-17-2012 at 10:24 PM.
    Main system
    http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr...pin&1162599347 Freelance reviewer for StereoMojo

  11. #11

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by polkfarmboy View Post
    As a yaqin owner I will say you will notice a huge difference with anything you throw at it. This is especially true in the bass department and the vocals come over so fluid and clear it just makes it way more enjoyable to listen for a long period of time without fatigue. With all the yaqin products I think you would enjoy them better if you replace the preamp 6n1 tubes but the power tubes are really good so they can stay

    I notice like my yaqin you only need to replace 4 6n1 pre tubes so you could go for some awesome genalex gold lion 6922's that gets used on all the high end preamps for a worth while upgrade. That would be $180 new on here or ebay @$45 a tube. For now though just bring one home and enjoy all your music

    When I got my yaqin I popped in some rage against the machine and i could not believe I was listening to the same set of speakers. Tube amps are awesome
    My speaker are nto full range they are 42Hz and above...what should i expect i am still looking for a good sub ...

  12. #12

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marvda1 View Post
    i have read the 6j1p-ev is the more rugged tube.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/4x-MATCHED-T...item3a6fff7b4a
    i have some 1944 western electric/tung sol 6ak5 in my 20l.
    I am in mail with the guy who is selling both of the tubes and he is the one who recomended me that tube one which i put it on recomendation..

  13. #13

    Member Sales Rating: (10)

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Saginaw, Texas 76131
    Posts
    1,661

    Default

    i emailed the seller and the difference being the ev's last longer. no difference in sound.
    Main system
    http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr...pin&1162599347 Freelance reviewer for StereoMojo

  14. #14

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marvda1 View Post
    i emailed the seller and the difference being the ev's last longer. no difference in sound.
    Thanks for this...waiting to let my Amp arrive now.....

  15. #15

    Member Sales Rating: (16)

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    In A Van Down By The River
    Posts
    21,190

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by this_is_vv View Post
    i have been told this is a good replacement...

    http://www.ebay.com/itm/350535034157#ht_3324wt_1140
    Those are nice tubes. The Russian signal tubes from the 60's are the ones to get. That is also an excellent seller as I have bought tubes from him before. Those will be much nicer than the stock Chinese tubes.

    Voshkod made some really nice tubes back then. I have a pair of 60's 6N1P-EV for one of my integrated's.

    H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass

    Pass Aleph 30; Eastern Electric Mini Max; Adcom GDA600; MIT S3/Z Pc; SDA 1C; Squeezebox; Tubes add soul!

  16. #16

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by heiney9 View Post
    Those are nice tubes. The Russian signal tubes from the 60's are the ones to get. That is also an excellent seller as I have bought tubes from him before. Those will be much nicer than the stock Chinese tubes.

    Voshkod made some really nice tubes back then. I have a pair of 60's 6N1P-EV for one of my integrated's.

    H9
    Loved your sign...amp is on way will be here on saturday....

    also my speakers are Vienna acoustics haydns...i need to get a sub as they dont go low...max they go is 42 Hz...can anyone recomende sub to be used again the setup is
    Pc-> Peachtree decco2 dac (Tube preamp)-> Yaqin ms-34d -> VA haydn speakers...

    which sub to get and where to put it

    V

  17. #17

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    24

    Default Bumped

    Bumped

  18. #18

    Member Sales Rating: (10)

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Saginaw, Texas 76131
    Posts
    1,661

    Default

    any reason you picked the 34d over the 20l?
    Main system
    http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr...pin&1162599347 Freelance reviewer for StereoMojo

  19. #19

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    227

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marvda1 View Post
    any reason you picked the 34d over the 20l?
    Yes good question.
    2 Channel
    Amp - Jas Audio Bravo 3.2 set
    Power Cord - Tunami GPX
    CDP - Marantz cd6002 - Audio gd Ref 5 Dac
    Speakers - Tekton Lore,Polk Audio RTA11tl completely refreshed.

  20. #20

    Member Sales Rating: (16)

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    In A Van Down By The River
    Posts
    21,190

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by this_is_vv View Post
    Loved your sign...amp is on way will be here on saturday....

    also my speakers are Vienna acoustics haydns...i need to get a sub as they dont go low...max they go is 42 Hz...can anyone recomende sub to be used again the setup is
    Pc-> Peachtree decco2 dac (Tube preamp)-> Yaqin ms-34d -> VA haydn speakers...

    which sub to get and where to put it

    V
    Quote Originally Posted by this_is_vv View Post
    Bumped
    Maybe start a seperate thread about subs. Your question is buried in here.

    H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass

    Pass Aleph 30; Eastern Electric Mini Max; Adcom GDA600; MIT S3/Z Pc; SDA 1C; Squeezebox; Tubes add soul!

  21. #21

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marvda1 View Post
    any reason you picked the 34d over the 20l?
    Got a good deal...under 400$ shipped to me...thought to try this route before i go to more expensive route of Conrad johnson etc...

    V

  22. #22

    Member Sales Rating: (13)

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    1,524

    Default

    That's a good deal. Can't wait to hear your impressions.

  23. #23

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by michaeljhsda2 View Post
    That's a good deal. Can't wait to hear your impressions.
    i am waiting too...it is coming tomorrow and i am working from home tomorrow...

    BTw i have two setup one what i describe here

    PC -> DAC -> Yaqin ms-34d -> VA

    Second is my home theater which is used 60% for music and 40% movies...it is still 2 channel system

    Ps3/TV/Xbox ->marantz sr6005 preamp -> B&K reference 200.2 ->Gershamn acoustics spectaor Full range speaker

    where would be best buck for money comes...if i replace B&K with yaqin ....though B&K is CLass A amp for some watts

  24. #24

    Member Sales Rating: (13)

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    1,524

    Default

    If it was me I would try it out on both speaker systems. First the Vienna's and then the Gershamn's via the PC to DAC route.

  25. #25

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by michaeljhsda2 View Post
    If it was me I would try it out on both speaker systems. First the Vienna's and then the Gershamn's via the PC to DAC route.

    Thats the plan too....but the Yaqin might stay msot at PC side where i listen 80% of my music there...

    V

  26. #26

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    227

    Default

    Looking forward to your thoughts on the yaqin. I'm considering the ms 20l at the moment. Don't forget the pic's!
    2 Channel
    Amp - Jas Audio Bravo 3.2 set
    Power Cord - Tunami GPX
    CDP - Marantz cd6002 - Audio gd Ref 5 Dac
    Speakers - Tekton Lore,Polk Audio RTA11tl completely refreshed.

  27. #27

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Braddles View Post
    Looking forward to your thoughts on the yaqin. I'm considering the ms 20l at the moment. Don't forget the pic's!
    may be i dont have ears...earlier my system was

    PC->DAC->Marantz MA-500 -> VA

    Now

    PC->DAC->Yaqin Ms-34d -> VA

    honestly there is some diffference but will is ay HUGE nope...is it worth the money (luckily the differencewas 150$ for me between Ma-500 and Yaqin) for me its OK...i am still listening...may be i am in nearfield speaker...

    BUT personally there is NO WOW factor for me...if u close my eyes i might not be able to tell the difference between these two...

    again its my own humble opinion.. i will try changing the stock 61np tubes and will see if there is difference...if not

    i have B&K reference 200.2 i might move that to here...but no WOW factor...

    i dont have lows on this system .. i am getting a subwoofer so i will see if that will make a difference ...but again my ears are not showing any big difference so is my wife's ears...



    V
    Last edited by this_is_vv; 02-27-2012 at 09:00 PM.

  28. #28

    Member Sales Rating: (10)

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Saginaw, Texas 76131
    Posts
    1,661

    Default

    give it a little time to burn in and then put on some acoustic jazz and compare.
    Main system
    http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr...pin&1162599347 Freelance reviewer for StereoMojo

  29. #29

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marvda1 View Post
    give it a little time to burn in and then put on some acoustic jazz and compare.
    it is used one...he told didnt used more then 20-30 hours...so let me wait for around 100 hours..
    Last edited by this_is_vv; 02-27-2012 at 10:43 PM.

  30. #30

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    227

    Default

    Upgrading the stock valves should also improve things a bit too.
    2 Channel
    Amp - Jas Audio Bravo 3.2 set
    Power Cord - Tunami GPX
    CDP - Marantz cd6002 - Audio gd Ref 5 Dac
    Speakers - Tekton Lore,Polk Audio RTA11tl completely refreshed.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. Jolida or Yaqin?
    By DSkip in forum 2 Channel Audio
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 03-04-2012, 07:47 PM
  2. Need info Yaqin MC-10L
    By rromeo923 in forum 2 Channel Audio
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 08-23-2011, 05:43 PM
  3. Yaqin mc-10l el34
    By polkfarmboy in forum Electronics
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 08-18-2010, 10:31 AM
  4. My Yaqin CD-2 is here!!!
    By concealer404 in forum Electronics
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 01-14-2010, 06:58 PM
  5. Yaqin MS-12B
    By cubdog in forum 2 Channel Audio
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-14-2008, 07:13 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts