Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Member Sales Rating: (6)

Default Belkin PureAV PF60 power conditoner

Received this unit last night from Amazon. It was on sale for $124.99/free shipping. It has 6 banks consisting of 2 outlets each; 2 digital banks (4 outlets), 1 Video bank, 2 Audio banks, 1 power amp bank. I opted to plug my amplifier directly to the wall as it is 60 amp capable. There's also an accessory outlet on the front, tied to bank 1. All outlets are selectable for unswitched/switched, delay & delay time.

The unit is very nicely built, about 14lbs and quite deep. The front display shows voltage, amperage, a status of your wiring (check mark for proper wiring) and a status of ground. The display is dimmable to almost completely off, to bright; with about 8 steps of adjustment.

Very please with the build quality and functionality. I *think* I have noticd an improvement with my 58" plasma, as contrast/brightness seem "better." This could be placebo, so take it with a grain of salt. As far as improvements audio-wise, I don't know---my system was already very quiet. The unit certainly doesn't add any noise, that's for sure.

In 2006, this thing retailed for $750!
    Last edited by steveinaz; 03-02-2012 at 10:42 AM.

Transport: Oppo BDP-103/USB HDD (flac)
    DAC/Preamp: Benchmark DAC/PRE
    Power Amp: Parasound HCA-1500A
    Speakers: Harbeth Compact 7ES-3 Monitor
    Cables: Kimber Hero/8TC; DH Labs D-75

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Thanks for the quick write-up Steve. I have the little brother, the PF30, and am very happy with it but have wondered if it would be worth it to upgrade. The biggest advantage it seems would be the option for switched and unswitched outlets and the delay time. Tempting...

I really like the switched/unswitched feature, as I run all my stuff unswitched. I think you'll be pleased. The main power cable appears to be either 10 or 12 ga wire.

Member Sales Rating: (17)

North Victoria Gardens, Altacucawanda, California

Good review Steve. It's amazing to think that a $750 gear can be sold profitably at $125, makes one wonder what is the real cost to build it (i.e. the bill of materials of the components). So, to think that a Macintosh or ML that actually (perhaps) cost $1K to manufacture and sold at $5K plus. I am speculating here..but the question is, what is a reasonable margin on any CE products having read Sony lost billions on their LCD or RPTV sales.
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.

Member Sales Rating: (16)

Quote Originally Posted by polkatese View Post
    Good review Steve. It's amazing to think that a $750 gear can be sold profitably at $125, makes one wonder what is the real cost to build it (i.e. the bill of materials of the components). So, to think that a Macintosh or ML that actually (perhaps) cost $1K to manufacture and sold at $5K plus. I am speculating here..but the question is, what is a reasonable margin on any CE products having read Sony lost billions on their LCD or RPTV sales.
    Rotel rebadged an APC H15. Exact same unit with a slightly different fascia. The Rotel retailed for $599 and the APC $399. Identical unit.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass

Pass Aleph 30; Eastern Electric Mini Max; Adcom GDA600; MIT S3/Z Pc; SDA 1C; Squeezebox; Tubes add soul!

Quote Originally Posted by steveinaz View Post
    Received this unit last night from Amazon. It was on sale for $124.99/free shipping. It has 6 banks consisting of 2 outlets each; 2 digital banks (4 outlets), 1 Video bank, 2 Audio banks, 1 power amp bank. I opted to plug my amplifier directly to the wall as it is 60 amp capable. There's also an accessory outlet on the front, tied to bank 1. All outlets are selectable for unswitched/switched, delay & delay time.

The unit is very nicely built, about 14lbs and quite deep. The front display shows voltage, amperage, a status of your wiring (check mark for proper wiring) and a status of ground. The display is dimmable to almost completely off, to bright; with about 8 steps of adjustment.

Very please with the build quality and functionality. I *think* I have noticd an improvement with my 58" plasma, as contrast/brightness seem "better." This could be placebo, so take it with a grain of salt. As far as improvements audio-wise, I don't know---my system was already very quiet. The unit certainly doesn't add any noise, that's for sure.

In 2006, this thing retailed for $750!
    I was a lucky one also to pick this bad boy up on Steve's good shopping skills. I love it, worth every penny. It looks beautiful sitting next to my Pio SC-35.
    Living Room
    Fronts: RTi A7's
    Center: Csi A6 VR3 "Fortress Plus"
    Front Heights: Rti A1
    Surrounds: Rti A3
    Sub: HSU VTF-2 MK4 Damn this is a good SUB
    Pioneer Pioneer Elite: SC-35-> Emotiva XPA-3
    TV: Lg LW6500 55" Passive 3D
    Blu-Ray Panasonic BD 210
    XboX 360 Slim/Kinect

Acoustimac red suede panels

Member Sales Rating: (31)

It may have retailed for $750, but I never seen it listed for sale over $300. I purchased two in 2007 and both were only a little over $200 each.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche

Don't want to rain on the parade on that unit but I owned one for a little over a year and I had it replaced 3 times before I just asked for a full refund. First one arrived with a one bank not working. Got a new one, and 3 months later a bank went out. Got another, and a couple of more months later, another bank went out. They sent a new one out and guess what, it happened again. I just asked for my money back after that. Maybe I just got a 4 lemons. This has never happen with monster and panamax power products that I have owned. The customer service was cool and quick to send a new one. There was also no hassle in the full refund. Just a heads up.

The mark up on these units are crazy. A friend made me feel bad about a good deal I thought I got on my panamax. His company has a discount through them and the markup was over $300 than what they sell online for. That was just with his discount so you know the cost to make is a lot cheaper.

FYI, both units I had are still trouble free to this day.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche

Member Sales Rating: (13)

Quote Originally Posted by Face View Post
    FYI, both units I had are still trouble free to this day.
    I can state with 100% certainty that this is true for at least one of those units!
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/

Quote Originally Posted by rdb2001 View Post
    Don't want to rain on the parade...
    Well, it's good to point out the bad units as well, hopefully I have better luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Face View Post
    It may have retailed for $750, but I never seen it listed for sale over $300. I purchased two in 2007 and both were only a little over $200 each.
    It's kind of odd, I read a review in 2006 that stated "$750 retail", then another review done in 2008 that said "$500 retail."

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Thanks for the review. I'm actually watching this on Amazon for a price drop so I can use it to power off my Adcom when my AVR powers down. Hope it drops to $125 again!
    Equipment list:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010 9.2 AVR
    Emotiva XPA-3 amp
    Polk RTi70 mains, CSi40 center, RTi38 surrounds, RTi28 rears and heights
    SVS 20-39CS+ subwoofer powered by Crown XLS1500
    Oppo BDP-93 Blu-ray player
    DarbeeVision DVP5000 video processor
    Epson 8500UB 1080p projector
    Elite Screens Sable 120" CineWhite screen

Pf30 works great for me.

Polk Audio SDA CRS+ (4.1TL by Trey, Larry's Rings)-
    SDA SRS2-Parasound HCA1500ax2/1000
    Yamaha xa1000-Celestion SL6S presence,- sl9 surround back
    NHTsuper1's surround
    Nad2700-sub, AdcomGFA-555 -Magnepan SMG
    Parasound 1500pre- Sofia "Baby" tube amp - Monitor Audio Silver RX2
    Marantz 2230/B&Kst140- outdoor B&W/Bose/Parasound/KefC75/c40/Polksub
    Technics 1200mk2
    Gamertag: IslandBerserker
    I am but a infinitesimally small point meeting the line of infinity in the SDA universe

I picked up the PF60 sometime later last year. As much as I would have liked the full voltage control, it just didn't make financial sense to me. This replaced my 5 year old Monster (5100?) that decided it was in my best interest to turn off 4-5 times a day.

So far, love it. No issues, nice lights, and seems to be a good build quality (Minus the sharp edge on the back that I cut the hell outta myself on - but that may have been the Monster now that I'm typing this)
    50" Panasonic Vierra TC-P50VT20 (w/5 pairs glasses)
    Pioneer Elite SC-37
    Polk Monitor 70's (2)
    Polk Monitor 40's (4)
    Polk Monitor CS2
    Polk DSW Pro 660wi
    Oppo BDP-93
    Squeezebox Duet
    Belkin PureAV PF60
    Dish Network "The Hoppa"

I already bought a PF60 a year ago for $150.00 on Amazon and picture quality might be sharper? Sound is the same. No compaints-just do not know of benefits? I just picked up a used working Monster Power HTS5100 MK II today at a sale for $25.00.. Anyone know the difference? I know the haters of monster are even worse than the Emo haters? Just curious of the differences? Also why do people hate Monster cable so much on this site? Is it because BB over prices the heck out of it all? thanks,Darryl

Pioneer Elite SC 63
    SDA SRS 1.2 front
    Rti12 rear
    FXiA6 sides
    Emotiva XPA 3
    Adcom GFA 555
    CSiA6 center
    PSW505 Subwoofer
    Original PS3 60G
    Oppo DV981HD cd transport
    Mitsubishi 73 rear projection
    Sanyo DC Servo player TP 727 turntable
    Monster HTS 5100MKII
    TheBlaze
    MIT MH-750 cables

It is because of the prices that most are not fans. Markup and advertising are also misleading and or straight up lies sometimes.

Thank you for the clarification. Darryl

Quote Originally Posted by Dabutcher View Post
    Thank you for the clarification. Darryl
    No problem. They do make some good gear, but it really depends on the piece, and also the price.

Does anyone know the difference between the belkin pf60 and pf31 ?

The pf31 is 23 pounds compared to 19 pounds of the pf60

Member Sales Rating: (10)

Here's their manuals...

PF60

PF31

Looks like the PF60 has somewhat higher surge handling capacity and a different display. It's currently in production, I think the PF31 is out of production.

Partial specs comparo: LINK
    Last edited by agfrost; 03-04-2012 at 02:30 AM. Reason: Added link...

thanks for that info on the pf31/60's

I really think a silver version of the pf60 would look beautiful sitting on my rack. It looks as if the faceplate's on the silver series is real aluminum ? Can anyone clear this up if its plastic or not ?

I believe they're plastic, only the Hybrid UPS has a metal face plate.

Quote Originally Posted by polkfarmboy View Post
    Can anyone clear this up if its plastic or not ?
    My black model is plastic---interesting, I thought it was metal too; looks real nice though.

Does anyone know what the "clamping voltage" is on this PF60. I have 3 but the manual does not specify and I have learned that the clamping voltage is the most critical element in suppressing a surge.
    Main Family Room: Sony 46 LCD, Sony Blue Ray, Sony DVD/VCR combo,Onkyo TXNR 708, Parasound 5250,
    Polk SDS-SRS with mods, CSI 5 center + Klipsch SC2, Polk RT2000P rears, Klipsch KG 1.5's sides, Polk Micro Pro 1000, Polk Micro Pro 2000, Polk SW505, Belkin PF60, Signal Cable Classics,Monster IC's, 2 15 amp circuits & 1 20 amp circuit.

Living Room: Belkin PF60, Parasound HCA2200, MIT ProlineEXP balanced IC's,Emotiva XDA-1 DAC/Pre,Emotiva ERC2 transport,MIT AVT2, Polk LSI 9's.

Audiophile
    Member Sales Rating: (30)

Try emailing Belkin CS; most companies are pretty good are replying with technical questions.

Member Sales Rating: (3)

We always appreciate honest, imformative reviews on any product here rddb, hopefully Steve will have no problems with his PF60, it sure is nice looking.

Power conditioners are my favorite. They stabilize power and clear up most hums in speakers.
    I have a furman and a Panamax. Maybe my next unit will be a Belkin. Very nice review.

I have pf60 now for almost six months. No problem so far.. it runs well. worth spending money.

Yup had mine for over a year so far no issues, knock on wood..
    Very good deal for the amount of features it has.

Thread Information