Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones

Member Sales Rating: (0)

I'm thinking nobody got bored durring tonights episode. Looking forward to Cercei's wedding now. Everyone loves a good wedding.

I knew what was coming from having read the books, and it was still incredibly powerful. And realistic. Couldn't stand it when they stabbed Rob's pregnant wife in the belly.

And Roose Bolton, one of the Ned Stark's banner men, what a f**king traitor!
    "Science is suppose to explain observations not dismiss them as impossible" - Norm on AA; 2.3TL's w/sonicaps/mills, polyswitches removed, Lg Solen inductors, RD-0198's, MW's dynamatted, Armaflex speaker gaskets, H-nuts, brass spikes, Cardas CCGR binding posts, upgraded IC Cable, Black Hole Damping Sheets (3" strips) installed on back wall behind MW's & Tweeters, interior of cabinets sealed, AI-1 interface with 1000VA transformer

I don't say this much, but...

O - M - G - !!

Member Sales Rating: (47)

wow-- what an ending last night
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)

Member Sales Rating: (31)

Last night's The Borgias seemed so boring in comparison...
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche

Member Sales Rating: (47)

Quote Originally Posted by Face View Post
    Last night's The Borgias seemed so boring in comparison...
    +1 on that.
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)

Member Sales Rating: (24)

Even though I knew what was going to happen, it was played out so well I still went to bed thinking that was the craziest thing I've seen in awhile. Still just makes you think that nothing in the story is going to play out the way you think it will.
    2 Channel-
    Soundlab M3PX
    BAT VK-31
    Wyred SX1000 monos
    Esoteric DV50
    Dynavector p75 modded phono stage
    Rega P25 modded-Denon 103R Cart
    Squeezebox Touch
    Modded Music Hall DAC Burson op amps
    Richard Grey 600S
    MIT Shotgun IC's and SC

Being that I'm only partly through reading the first book, my mind was blown yesterday...
    Front Speakers: Polk Audio LSi15 x 2
    Center Speaker: Polk Audio LSiC
    Rear Speakers: Polk Audio LSiF/X x 2
    Subwoofers: Polk Audio PSW505 x 2
    AVR: Denon AVR-3313CI
    Amp: Emotiva XPA-5

Okay, I finally saw the episode last night. Awesome ending. Wonder if the zombie-woofs will clean up at some point here ... Got a jones for the dragon mama, though, I must admit. Still can't believe she seemingly has a fire-in-the-hole for that "dandy."

Member Sales Rating: (24)

Watched the last episode last night and I am still amazed. The writer of the series really has some balls to be killing off the characters. Ned Stark first with his head on the stake - that I could understand to set the tone. But his wife, son and son's pregnant wife just seems cruel, especially the way that it happened. I hope Jon Snow gives Roose Bolton what's coming to him. And I can't wait to see how this all plays out. My wife read the books and was still in tears during last week's episode. Still weighs on me today.

One thing that I think sets this show apart is how invested you get into each character - good and bad. Jamie Lannister and Tyrian are "bad" guys that you SHOULDN'T like but I find myself rooting for them. Even The Hound...........

This show and The Walking Dead are the only shows that I watch religiously and can say that when this season ends, it will feel like too long before it starts again. What an incredible show.......

Awesome episode. I've been hooked from the beginning. That was as real as any slasher movie I've seen.
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Source: SONOS Music System, DAC: W4S DAC-2, Pre/Pro: Marantz AV8801, Amp: W4S MC5, Front: Polk RTIA9, Center: Polk CSIA6, Surrounds: Polk FXIA6, Sub EQ: DSPeaker Anti-Mode 8033C, Subs: 2 - Polk DSW PRO660WI, IC & Speaker Cables: Signal Cable

Is the final episode of the season playing this Sunday or what?

Quote Originally Posted by dromunds View Post
    Is the final episode of the season playing this Sunday or what?
    Sadly it is.

Not quite what i expected, but still thought it ended the season well. Plenty of fun to come next season.

Oh mother. I was initially disappointed with the ending last night but now on reconsideration I agree it was not what I expected, but it was more my own expectations for more blood and stuff, and I now I'm kinda liking the ending with the image of the Dragon Mama telling her babies to fly and then the slaves do a sort of modified body pass where she impliedly "flies" with her arms stretched out all smiles and laughing while the slaves chant Mother. I like those dragons. And their Mama. I need to get the first two seasons and watch the whole series as I missed a lot of the early stuff. Nine months off? Fer cri yi!

That's my biggest complaint with the series - it's soooooooo long between seasons.
    "Science is suppose to explain observations not dismiss them as impossible" - Norm on AA; 2.3TL's w/sonicaps/mills, polyswitches removed, Lg Solen inductors, RD-0198's, MW's dynamatted, Armaflex speaker gaskets, H-nuts, brass spikes, Cardas CCGR binding posts, upgraded IC Cable, Black Hole Damping Sheets (3" strips) installed on back wall behind MW's & Tweeters, interior of cabinets sealed, AI-1 interface with 1000VA transformer

Quote Originally Posted by drumminman View Post
    That's my biggest complaint with the series - it's soooooooo long between seasons.
    I have the same complaint with the books but its much worse. Who knows if Martin will live long enough to complete them, at least now HBO has got him to pick it up a little.

Quote Originally Posted by chumlie View Post
    I have the same complaint with the books but its much worse. Who knows if Martin will live long enough to complete them, at least now HBO has got him to pick it up a little.
    I've read that he's in the process of writing the next one, the one that will follow " Dance with Dragons".

Tick Tock !!! Looking forward to Sunday's premier.

Member Sales Rating: (7)

If you are a DirecTV customer, you may have free HBO this weekend - to catch up on a great series. I have the TIVO set for almost 48hrs. straight recording this weekend....

Winter is Coming!

I have to admit I was clued to the TV from Friday night and all day Saturday to get the full backstory. I had seen a few shows over the years but was hard to get a full sense of who was who and why. Great job by HBO to air all 3 seasons to get many like myself hooked and thinking of paying the money to see what is next.
    Family Room HT 7.1:
    Pioneer Elite VSX 32 Pioneer Elite BDP 95FD Pioneer Elite DV 47Ai Pioneer Elite MD53 SlimDevice Transporter Panamax M5300-EX
    Living room 2ch:
    Integra ADM 2.1 Teac EQ MKII Squeezebox Touch Fluance SX Speakers
    Upstaris media room:
    Pioneer VSX D510 Sony PS3 Squeezebox Classic 3 Polkaudio speakers Monitor 40 II fronts CSR Center
    Master bedroom:
    Pioneer VSX 520k Pioneer BDP 330 Squeezebox Classic 3 Optimus LX5 fronts & Rears Optimus CS3 center Acoustic Audio sub

He should have gave The Hound some chicken.

Yup should have.

Arya has developed a bit of an edge

a bit of a edge! she's over the cliff with vengeance and everyone will pay if she gets a chance.
    Family Room HT 7.1:
    Pioneer Elite VSX 32 Pioneer Elite BDP 95FD Pioneer Elite DV 47Ai Pioneer Elite MD53 SlimDevice Transporter Panamax M5300-EX
    Living room 2ch:
    Integra ADM 2.1 Teac EQ MKII Squeezebox Touch Fluance SX Speakers
    Upstaris media room:
    Pioneer VSX D510 Sony PS3 Squeezebox Classic 3 Polkaudio speakers Monitor 40 II fronts CSR Center
    Master bedroom:
    Pioneer VSX 520k Pioneer BDP 330 Squeezebox Classic 3 Optimus LX5 fronts & Rears Optimus CS3 center Acoustic Audio sub

Watched it again last night after half-nodding out while watching it Sunday. Have to say, I wasn't missing the so-called national championship game either. Chumlie, you're right, should've given him some chicken. What a great character. I used to go to a friend's house to watch Thrones, but enough's enough, I dropped Showtime and switched to HBO.

And what about that cannibal stuff at the end? bad dudes abound.

Quote Originally Posted by dromunds View Post
    And what about that cannibal stuff at the end? bad dudes abound.
    You never tasted Crow.

I heard it tastes much better in the south. Those Wildlings are bad. This is going to be a great season. That scene where the Hound jams that guys head into his own blade over and over and the look in Arya's eye after she slides "Needle" into the neck, oh boy.

Thread Information