Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Read all the books published to date - you ain't seen nothin' yet
    "Science is suppose to explain observations not dismiss them as impossible" - Norm on AA; 2.3TL's w/sonicaps/mills, polyswitches removed, Lg Solen inductors, RD-0198's, MW's dynamatted, Armaflex speaker gaskets, H-nuts, brass spikes, Cardas CCGR BP's, upgraded IC Cable, Black Hole Damping Sheet strips installed on back wall behind MW's & Tweeters, interior of cabinets sealed, AI-1 interface with 1000VA A-L transformer

Quote Originally Posted by drumminman View Post
    Read all the books published to date - you ain't seen nothin' yet
    Did you find the last one as boring as I did ?

Nah, I liked it. The problem with the series is there are so many plotlines, so many characters that it's tough to remember everything. Martin must have some hellacious story boards!

Before each season starts I find a good plot summary of the book it's based on to refresh my memory. Lots of "Oh yeah, I remember that!" along with, "dang, I missed that first time around!"
    "Science is suppose to explain observations not dismiss them as impossible" - Norm on AA; 2.3TL's w/sonicaps/mills, polyswitches removed, Lg Solen inductors, RD-0198's, MW's dynamatted, Armaflex speaker gaskets, H-nuts, brass spikes, Cardas CCGR BP's, upgraded IC Cable, Black Hole Damping Sheet strips installed on back wall behind MW's & Tweeters, interior of cabinets sealed, AI-1 interface with 1000VA A-L transformer

Member Sales Rating: (10)

tonight, that's what I'm talking about......it's about time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! give him some more wine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Main system
    http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr...pin&1162599347 Freelance reviewer for StereoMojo

And the plot thickens.

He He He . . . thought the death scene was exactly as descibed in the book. Great Special effects and Jack Gleason did a good job with it. The three most evil characters IMO: Cersei, Joffrey and Ramsey Snow. Everyone else show both good and evil natures.

Member Sales Rating: (1)

About time that little bastage got it. I was hoping for something a little more cruel though, like chopping off his head.

I was hoping one of the dragons would take him out.
    Main system
    http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr...pin&1162599347 Freelance reviewer for StereoMojo

The Lanisters aren't the only ones who pay their debts

Winter is coming - beware the Wight Walkers.

Watched episode 2 again last night looking for clues as to who poisoned Joffrey. From reading the book I know who did it, but there is a clue in the episode that's plain to see. The director did a great job of distracting viewers though; he played kind of a shell game.

So . . . who do you think placed the poison?

Watched episode 2 again last night looking for clues as to who poisoned Joffrey. From reading the book I know who did it, but there is a clue in the episode that's plain to see. The director did a great job of distracting viewers though; he played kind of a shell game.

So . . . who do you think placed the poison?
    Now I want to watch it again..... I was thinking the bride or her mom.

is the bride really the queen now since they never made it to the bedroom?
    Main system

Quote Originally Posted by marvda1 View Post
    is the bride really the queen now since they never made it to the bedroom?
    I wondered that. So who would be heir? A brother?

Quote Originally Posted by xjghost View Post
    I wondered that. So who would be heir? A brother?
    Brother is next in line.

Tommen is the heir. Get ready for the coming struggle as the Queen Regent attempts to regain her power. Gotta love the Queen of Thorns, played by Diana Rigg, one of the hottest women on TV in the 60's in a show called The Avengers.

Loved her in those black jump suits.

Maybe the Jester killed Joffrey? I never read the books. I seem to have a vague memory of the Red Witch or whatever her name was had those leeches and she put them on that guy who then named about four people who would die, and wasn't Joffrey one of them?

Member Sales Rating: (31)

Quote Originally Posted by dromunds View Post
    Maybe the Jester killed Joffrey? I never read the books. I seem to have a vague memory of the Red Witch or whatever her name was had those leeches and she put them on that guy who then named about four people who would die, and wasn't Joffrey one of them?
    Nope. I caught onto what happened, don't want to spoil it for others here. Watch it again if you can, it's subtle...
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche

You saying Jaimie did it while he was "helping" him? Was he just choking and then he got poisoned? I'll watch it again tonight if that's not it.

I'm not saying that at all.

Guess I'll have to watch it again. I thought perhaps the dwarf's wife slipped something in the cup when she picked it up, plus the jester tried to scurry her out of there real quick like, the other person close was his new wife. I also suspected Cercei but that would so cold... she does want to regain power though ...

was that really his cup of wine on that end of the table?
    Main system

The director did a great job with this scene partly by distracting the eye.

A little different in the book with Jamie and Cersie. Looks like Arya is a liitle upset with The Hound. Good to see Khaleesi back.

That scene with Cercei and Jamie next to Joffrey's dead body was pretty weird and can't portend good. And right when I thought Arya was gonna get tight with the Hound he steals after claiming every man needs a code. Khaleesi is hot. I need to get a better grip on some characters. Next week should be killer. lol

The director did a great job with this scene partly by distracting the eye.
    Rewatched it but I didn't see anything. I'm not good with keeping up with people. So did the guy on the ship mastermind the poisoning? Cannot wait to see where this goes and what is up with the kid and the dragons. I see him ruling the dragons, or at least ridding one.

Quote Originally Posted by xjghost View Post
    So did the guy on the ship mastermind the poisoning?

Nope, though Littlefinger is a good guess. Talk about a heartless, scheming bastard . . .

Nope, though Littlefinger is a good guess. Talk about a heartless, scheming bastard . . .
    So someone put Littlefinger up to it?
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/show...ished...Almost
    Center: Custom http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/show...hannel-Project
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/show...rround-Project
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, H-Nuts, BH5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-350, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

www.dhsspeakerservice.com

Quote Originally Posted by westmassguy View Post
    So someone put Littlefinger up to it?
    Either that or someone approached him for help with it. I guess he knew it was going to happened and didn't want to see her die. IDK I'm lost on this one. Excited to see where it goes though. This show makes me want to read the books.

Thread Information