Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Thumbs up 'God Bless America'

I just saw a trailer over at YT for a new movie from Bobcat Goldthwait. It may be a veiled attempt at being anti-gun, but the way it's done, I don't care
    It's like living out a fantasy

The link is NSFW, due to strong language:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ul4CZ...eature=related
    I refuse to argue with idiots, because people can't tell the DIFFERENCE!

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Sweet. Looks like a must see.

Member Sales Rating: (12)

I wouldn't take somebody else's money to see this POS...
    HT Setup... Pioneer Elite SC-37, Polk Audio SDA-SRS 1.2TL's , Oppo BDP 93
    Two Channel... Carver Statement 450~1 Vacuum Tube Monoblocks, Dodd Mid-line Tube Linestage with Psvane 12Ax7 tubes, Pioneer Pdd 9Mk II SACD Player, Yamaha PX-3 Turntable with Sumiko BPS EvoIII, Polk Audio SDA-SRS 1.2TLs.

"Everything we have fought for has been lost, and everything we fought against, we have become...."

Descending toward the moon in the CLEM (Chinese Lunar Excursion Module), looking for Chang'e

Doesn't look like much of an idea. Many people's wish fulfillments played out on the screen. There have been a number of earlier films that were less comic in intent that explored the same idea (bringing someone to the breaking point and setting him lose on society). As if torching everyone we don't agree with would solve our problems. No, not even in fantasy. In fact, such fantasies fuel a narcissistic sense of self that is unwilling to confront others and resolve problems and contradictions. OK, that'll be 10 bucks for the diagnosis! lol

I can see why this may be appealing to some, especially if you've ever tried to get in and out of NYC on an impossible gridlock kind of day!

cnh
    Onkyo TX-SR 805 System #1 HT AVR
    Office Two Channel: LSi-7s (Nakamichi CA-5, NAD 214, Pioneer BDP51fd)
    Vintage Polks: Polk Monitor 5As, Monitor 7Bs [HK 730], Monitor 10As [Marantz 2265], SDA-2Bs [Jolida JD-303, Jolida MV-MK4]
    Headphones: HD600, Q701, ATH-M50s etc. Bravo Audio Ocean amp., Onkyo P-304, Adcom GFA-555, Technics Direct Drive TT

Member Sales Rating: (31)

Looking forward to seeing it.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by nooshinjohn View Post
    I wouldn't take somebody else's money to see this MOST EXCELLENT MOVIE...
    Corrected. And I'm willing to take anyone's money to go see this movie; looks good.
    MrBigBlueLight
    Usually right, but sometimes not entirely factually correct.
    Shifting to Plan B

The title of this film is a big turnoff for me, and that's before we get to the story line. Whatever happened to promoting what is good with America? I think I will spend some coin on a few John Wayne films instead. Sands of Iwo Jima anyone?
    Two Channel... Carver Statement 450~1 Vacuum Tube Monoblocks, Dodd Mid-line Tube Linestage with Psvane 12Ax7 tubes, Pioneer Pdd 9Mk II SACD Player, Yamaha PX-3 Turntable with Sumiko BPS EvoIII, Polk Audio SDA-SRS 1.2TLs.

"Everything we have fought for has been lost, and everything we fought against, we have become...."

Member Sales Rating: (31)

Ever hear of satire?
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche

I enjoy satire as much as the next guy. If you can tell me what is satiracle about walking up to a 16 year old girl having a hissy fit over the car daddy bought her being the wrong one and shooting her in the face over it, I would like to know. If you find humor in it, what does that say about the direction our society is headed. That this film is being seen as a satire piece on life in America is just sick IMHO. But hey, this is the good ole' USofA after all and thank god we don't get shot for having an opinion, yet anyway.

God Bless America...

Member Sales Rating: (3)

Default Mad As Hell And Not Going To Take It Anymore!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by obieone View Post
    It's like living out a fantasy
    This reminds me of the Michael Douglas film "Falling Down".

Quote Originally Posted by nooshinjohn View Post
    I enjoy satire as much as the next guy. If you can tell me what is satiracle about walking up to a 16 year old girl having a hissy fit over the car daddy bought her being the wrong one and shooting her in the face over it, I would like to know. If you find humor in it, what does that say about the direction our society is headed..
    It probably says the same thing as the fact that so many people enjoy the non-satirical gory serial killer movies wherein the purpetrator is stalking and murdering (after he tortures and/or sexually assaults) attractive teenage girls for no other reason than they are attractive teenage girls.

Many people find entertainment value in depictions of situations (murder, armed robbery, etc.) that they personally abhor in real life. Just because a person enjoys watching serial killer movies, it does not mean the person condones or wishes to engage in that behavior.
    Last edited by DarqueKnight; 03-21-2012 at 01:53 AM.
    "Polk SDA-SRSs are hopelessly out of date both sonically and technologically... I see no value whatsoever in older SDA speakers."~Audio Asylum Member

Member Sales Rating: (36)

This movie looks exactly like a more modern version of Falling Down. I'm looking forward to it.

I think this movie is an updated version of Natural Born Killers. Granted, I don't think Oliver Stone INTENDED NBK to be funny, but I laughed my @$$ off.
    YMMV.

Descending toward the moon in the CLEM (Chinese Lunar Excursion Module), looking for Chang'e

Quote Originally Posted by DarqueKnight View Post
    Thanks,

I've been trying to remember what film that was since I first posted a response above. I remember seeing the Douglas film and had the same thought.

cnh
    Onkyo TX-SR 805 System #1 HT AVR
    Office Two Channel: LSi-7s (Nakamichi CA-5, NAD 214, Pioneer BDP51fd)
    Vintage Polks: Polk Monitor 5As, Monitor 7Bs [HK 730], Monitor 10As [Marantz 2265], SDA-2Bs [Jolida JD-303, Jolida MV-MK4]
    Headphones: HD600, Q701, ATH-M50s etc. Bravo Audio Ocean amp., Onkyo P-304, Adcom GFA-555, Technics Direct Drive TT

Old School

Quote Originally Posted by DarqueKnight View Post
    Ditto... first thing I thought of... but the rest of your post might as well have been in Chinese...

Think I'll see it twice, just to pick up the slack for John...

And if you want "God Bless America" done right, stick with an original...

More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
    "Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

Rebuilding Maggie 2-ch & Amazing 2-ch... Building 2-ch "wall"... Figuring out the HT

Tour, you're absolutely right about Kate Smith's rendition. If I had an extra thumb, you'd get a "Three Thumbs Up".
    MrBigBlueLight
    Usually right, but sometimes not entirely factually correct.
    Shifting to Plan B

I stand corrected. I thought this movie would be a little more centerline, but apparently not.

Quote Originally Posted by obieone View Post
    I stand corrected. I thought this movie would be a little more centerline, but apparently not.
    what do you mean?

Thread Information