Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Its your fault as well that I am now looking at the LSi F/X's

Quote Originally Posted by EndersShadow View Post
    Its your fault as well that I am now looking at the LSi F/X's
    Lol oh yeah, that LSiFX looks really cool, I was leaning toward that cept it's a 4ohm speaker. I saw a pair on the PolkEbay site, just one click away.

Wait til the end of next month, I have some serious upgrades waiting to be made. I won't let the cat out of the bag just yet, but let me say, as much as I'd love to get a decent 2ch rig going, my 5.1 is going to be a four tower laden 7.2 heavily powered set up with new flat screen and seating.
    Draggn' knee is exhilarating, 150mph wheel standers are pretty cool too

Home Theater-7.2
    Display-SamsungPN64D8000 | Receiver-Onkyo TX-NR807 | Source-OPPOBDP-103 | Amplifiers-Emotiva; XPA-2 x2, XPA-3 | Speakers: PolkAudio; mains-RTiA9, rears-RTiA9, center-CSiA6, surrounds-FXiA6 | Sub-Epik Empire x 2 | Interconnects-Emotiva

Cans
    Grado RS2i

2 Ch Rig
    First purchase will be; a pair of ? but I'd love a pair of SDA SRS

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff4rfc View Post
    Lol oh yeah, that LSiFX looks really cool, I was leaning toward that cept it's a 4ohm speaker. I saw a pair on the PolkEbay site, just one click away.
    LOL... yup.... and since I am running LSi's its what I need......
    Advice is free, the Flea Market is earned - F1Nut

Lessons cost money, good ones cost LOTS - Tony Beets

HT: APC H15 | Pio 51FD | Uverse | Xbox 360 | Squeezebox Classic | Integra DTR 5.9 | Carver AV-705x & M1.0t MKII Opt002 | LSi 15 | LSiC | LSi F/x | Kimber Hero IC & 8VS SC

Office: Win 7 -> DacMagic w/ Pangea PSU | Sunfire TGP-II | Parasound HCA-750ii | Polk RTA 11TL | Cables TBA

Bedroom: Uverse | Roku 2 | Samsung LCD | SurroundBar 2000

Sales Rating
    Gear

Hey Geoff, I know your busy dude but if you find the time do you mind trying out those FXI's near the rear corners. Before I order them I want to make sure it's corner placement is not going to negativley effect them to much.

Thanks Thomas
    Living Room
    Fronts: RTi A7's
    Center: Csi A6 VR3 "Fortress Plus"
    Front Heights: Rti A1
    Surrounds: Rti A3
    Sub: HSU VTF-2 MK4 Damn this is a good SUB
    Pioneer Pioneer Elite: SC-35-> Emotiva XPA-3
    TV: Lg LW6500 55" Passive 3D
    Blu-Ray Panasonic BD 210
    XboX 360 Slim/Kinect

Acoustimac red suede panels

I just ordered a pair of FXiA6's and do not know what to expect. I've never heard them and frankly I'm excited. Currently I have Monitor70 fronts, CS2 center, and Monitor30 sides. How much difference do you think I'm going to hear when I replace the 30's with these? I don't think I should have to amp these and wouldn't know where to begin with that. My Yamaha RX-Z7 will allow for additional front speakers they call Presence Speakers. Wondering if I should use the 30's for that or would there a better way to utilize them?

I'll admit I like sound but when it comes to the science of it all (amping, biamping, etc.) I'm a total noob. Advice and suggestions appreciated.

Explanation of Presence Speakers : http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=41243

The FXiA6 should blow away the Monitor 30. Use the Monitor 30's as front presence speakers.
    Display: Sony 42" LCD
    Sources: Harman Kardon DVD-27,
    Panasonic DMP-BDT110 blu ray player
    AVR: Sony STR-DA2400ES
    Amp: Kenwood KM-894 x 2(fronts and surrounds)
    Fronts: Polk SDA2
    Center: Polk Monitor 7C
    Surrounds: Polk Monitor 7C
    Subwoofer: SVS PB10-ISD

Quote Originally Posted by SirSoulBrother View Post
    How much difference do you think I'm going to hear when I replace the 30's with these?
    Huge!!

Wow, this thread is a blast from the not so distance past. Tommy, your set up has come a long way in the last year ;)

Home Theater-7.2
    Display-SamsungPN64D8000 | Receiver-Onkyo TX-NR807 | Source-OPPOBDP-103 | Amplifiers-Emotiva; XPA-2 x2, XPA-3 | Speakers: PolkAudio; mains-RTiA9, rears-RTiA9, center-CSiA6, surrounds-FXiA6 | Sub-Epik Empire x 2 | Interconnects-Emotiva

Cans
    Grado RS2i

2 Ch Rig

Can anyone give their opinion on how these surrounds would perform for a home theatre with 2 rows of seating if they were placed in between the rows?

I own these and they are by far one of the best choices I've made and I believe they would sound incredible between theater seats. I can't wait to be able to amplify them. currently working on getting my custom wires done first.
    SAMSUNG LCD--52", 240hz
    Panamax 5300PM--Power Conditioner
    CSIa6--Center Channel
    RTIa3--Front High Channels
    FXIa6-- Rear Channels
    Sony--3-way Tower Speakers (20yrs old)
    DSW pro 500--Subwoofer
    PIONEER 1021-K--7.1 Reciever
    My Own Custom Audioquest 14/4--Speaker Cables
    Audioquest--Cinnamon HDMI Cables
    Sony--PS3

eventually i will own the RTIa9's but for now im using20 year old sony 3way towers.

STILL NEED:
    Pioneer Elite 7.1 Receiver with pre-outs
    Emotiva XPA-3 Amplifier

Thanks for your feedback. The reason I ask is that they only have a driver on a single side so I'm wondering if the row that isn't facing the driver will have an obscure soundfield?

Thanks for all of the good information. I have been thinking about adding some fx type in my system and this is encouraging.
    Main Family Room: Sony 46 LCD, Sony Blue Ray, Sony DVD/VCR combo,Onkyo TXNR 708, Parasound 5250,
    Polk SDS-SRS with mods, CSI 5 center + Klipsch SC2, Polk RT2000P rears, Klipsch KG 1.5's sides, Polk Micro Pro 1000, Polk Micro Pro 2000, Polk SW505, Belkin PF60, Signal Cable Classics,Monster IC's, 2 15 amp circuits & 1 20 amp circuit.

Living Room: Belkin PF60, Parasound HCA2200, MIT ProlineEXP balanced IC's,Emotiva XDA-1 DAC/Pre,Emotiva ERC2 transport,MIT AVT2, Polk LSI 9's.

Mine are located on the sides and they sound fantastic. As long as your not sitting right next to the speaker I would say it should envelope the room quite nicely. Very well balanced speaker in my opinion. Best place for me to place it was about 2-3 feet above my head and about 6-10 feet from any listening spot and check and make sure the bi-pole/ di-pole settings are set properly.
    SAMSUNG LCD--52", 240hz
    Panamax 5300PM--Power Conditioner
    CSIa6--Center Channel
    RTIa3--Front High Channels
    FXIa6-- Rear Channels
    Sony--3-way Tower Speakers (20yrs old)
    DSW pro 500--Subwoofer
    PIONEER 1021-K--7.1 Reciever
    My Own Custom Audioquest 14/4--Speaker Cables
    Audioquest--Cinnamon HDMI Cables
    Sony--PS3

eventually i will own the RTIa9's but for now im using20 year old sony 3way towers.

STILL NEED:
    Pioneer Elite 7.1 Receiver with pre-outs
    Emotiva XPA-3 Amplifier

Quote Originally Posted by ft_townman View Post
    Mine are located on the sides and they sound fantastic. As long as your not sitting right next to the speaker I would say it should envelope the room quite nicely. Very well balanced speaker in my opinion. Best place for me to place it was about 2-3 feet above my head and about 6-10 feet from any listening spot and check and make sure the bi-pole/ di-pole settings are set properly.
    I agree with this. These speakers put out the sound. Very strong, clean, AWESOME speaker. I have enjoyed these from day one and they continue to impress every time I listen to them.

I have experimented with placement and these speakers do a great job of expanding the sound field no matter where you put them. The versatility of these speakers alone make them worth the price of admission.

Home Theater-7.2

Cans
    Grado RS2i

2 Ch Rig

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff4rfc View Post
    I agree with this. These speakers put out the sound. Very strong, clean, AWESOME speaker. I have enjoyed these from day one and they continue to impress every time I listen to them.

I have experimented with placement and these speakers do a great job of expanding the sound field no matter where you put them. The versatility of these speakers alone make them worth the price of admission.

Excellent post/statement. The right tool for the right job as I say. This is why for a HT environment, I like this type of speaker over a directional one.

Good to hear. My FXi A6's just arrived. Looking forward to hooking them up this weekend.
    Home Theatre

Receiver: Onkyo TX-NR808
    Fronts: RTi A3
    Centre: CSi A6
    Sides: FXi A6
    Rears: OWM 5
    Subwoofer: TBD

Thread Information