Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rush

Member Sales Rating: (6)

Default Rush

I just got Headlong Flight the radio edit on my Prime cuts DJ service. Nice!!!!! They still rock!

I cant say about the quality since its mp3 on my service but, it is a cd i will pick up!

Holy crap! At first I didn't know what you were talking about so I Googled "Headlong Flight" and saw the link to the song on the Rolling Stone website of all places (if you know the history between Rush and Rolling Stone Magazine you'll realize the irony of it). Wow, the boys still have it. I can't wait for the new album to come out. I really enjoyed BU2B and Caravan also. If these three songs are any indication, this next album is going to be epic! It's Christmas in April for me. I'm totally amped right now.

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Is this what you're talking about

The funny thing is, I've been a Rush fan since '79, and, it wasn't until maybe a year ago, that I noticed Geddy's AWESOMENESS.
    (I guess that deity behind the drums overshadowed him)
    Man, can that guy shred a bass!
    Last edited by obieone; 04-26-2012 at 09:32 PM.
    I refuse to argue with idiots, because people can't tell the DIFFERENCE!

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Looks like I will be getting this one come June 12th cant wait, time for a Rushathon until then anything from the first until Moving Pictures and from Roll The Bones until present. minus the stuff in between and the good but horrid recording of Vapor Trails.

Do include Snakes and Arrows. You are really missing something if you haven't given "The Main Monkey Business" a listen.

Thanks for the headz-up in the new album.
    Stan

Main 2ch:
    Polk LSi15 (DB840 upgrade)
    Parasound: C/PT-600, HCA-800II; Denon: DVD-2910, DRM-800A; Monster HTS3600-MKII, Grado SR-225i

HT:
    Denon AVR-888, Polk: RM7, PSW10, Marantz UD5005, Panasonic TC-P42S60

Other stuff:
    Denon: DRA-835R, DRA-825R, DCD-660, DRM-700A, DRR-780; Polk: RTA11TL (RDO198-1, XO and Damping Upgrades), S8, Monitor 5A, TSi100; Pioneer CT-6R, PL-530; Onkyo CP-1046F; Ortofon OM5E, Marantz PM5004, CD5004

Member Sales Rating: (1)

All three of these are are extremely talented. Neil has a larger than life persona on the drums and does overshadow his cohorts but Getty is awesome. Saw them with Primus many moons ago and him and Les Claypool did a dueling basses thing that had my jaw on the floor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Smith View Post
    WOW!

That's like working your way through Katie Perry in order to get to Rosie O'Donnell.

Quote Originally Posted by obieone View Post
    The funny thing is, I've been a Rush fan since '79, and, it wasn't until maybe a year ago, that I noticed Geddy's AWESOMENESS.
    (I guess that deity behind the drums overshadowed him)
    Man, can that guy shred a bass!
    It seems to me that Geddy is highlighted a little bit more recently. I don't know if you've seen the Time Machine tour video, but Geddy's bass playing definitely seems a little more upfront on that release. I also noticed that on the tour. He's always been great, and it doesn't seem to me that any of the trio overshadow each other, but he's just a little more prominent lately (this year).

Quote Originally Posted by Joe08867 View Post
    All three of these are are extremely talented. Neil has a larger than life persona on the drums and does overshadow his cohorts but Getty is awesome. Saw them with Primus many moons ago and him and Les Claypool did a dueling basses thing that had my jaw on the floor.
    That would have been amazing to see!

If this song is an indicaton of the disk, i can't wait. They still sound amazing.

I believe that each has his own element and together they complement and balance each other. This is probably why they have been able to keep it going for so long.

For as out forward and in depth in his talent as Neil Peart is on the drums, he is very reserved in interviews and, likely his every day personality. Geddy Lee seems to have a more forward personality and a broader range of talents. Alex Lifeson is incredible on guitar and certainly adds an element of humor to the group and seems to fall somewhere in between Geddy and Neil in his outgoingness.
    Stan

Main 2ch:
    Polk LSi15 (DB840 upgrade)
    Parasound: C/PT-600, HCA-800II; Denon: DVD-2910, DRM-800A; Monster HTS3600-MKII, Grado SR-225i

HT:
    Denon AVR-888, Polk: RM7, PSW10, Marantz UD5005, Panasonic TC-P42S60

Other stuff:
    Denon: DRA-835R, DRA-825R, DCD-660, DRM-700A, DRR-780; Polk: RTA11TL (RDO198-1, XO and Damping Upgrades), S8, Monitor 5A, TSi100; Pioneer CT-6R, PL-530; Onkyo CP-1046F; Ortofon OM5E, Marantz PM5004, CD5004

Member Sales Rating: (12)

Rush is one of my three choices for music to have on a desert island... they do more as a threesome than many groups do asa quintet. Neil Pert is simply the best drummer to pick up the sticks. Geddy ain't to shabby either. I don't think Rush would ever be as good if any of the three were to hang it up.
    HT Setup... Pioneer Elite SC-37, Polk Audio SDA-SRS 1.2TL's , Oppo BDP 93
    Two Channel... Carver Statement 450~1 Vacuum Tube Monoblocks, Dodd Mid-line Tube Linestage with Psvane 12Ax7 tubes, Pioneer Pdd 9Mk II SACD Player, Yamaha PX-3 Turntable with Sumiko BPS EvoIII, Polk Audio SDA-SRS 1.2TLs.

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." Brad Shurett

Quote Originally Posted by nooshinjohn View Post
    Rush is one of my three choices for music to have on a desert island... they do more as a threesome than many groups do asa quintet. Neil Pert is simply the best drummer to pick up the sticks. Geddy ain't to shabby either. I don't think Rush would ever be as good if any of the three were to hang it up.
    Totally agree. Geddy Lee is an awesome bassist, and the things Alex Lifeson does on guitar to fill what would be 'gaps' in many three-man bands are pretty incredible. And you're right -- Neil Peart? Simply spectacular. And don't forget -- he writes great lyrics too.

Member Sales Rating: (2)

Was checking out Netflix new releases and found "Classic Albums: Rush: 2112 & Moving Pictures" is on demand:

http://movies.netflix.com/WiMovie/Cl...?trkid=4213507

I'm 10 minutes in and it's interesting.

I just listened to the video link above, YEA BABY, transported me back to the late 70's early 80's (Highschool). Definitely will be buying the new CD.
    2-Channel System
    Analog: VPI Traveler TT, Audio Technica 150MLX, Pro-Ject Tube Box DS
    CD Player: Jolida JD-100 Preamp: Cambridge 840E Amp: Odyssey Kismet Stereo
    Spkrs: Tyler Acoustics Linbrook Signature Systems

Thread Information