Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default In case you wondered how fast a Nissan Altima can go....

Soccer dad gets a red card

A Petaluma man has been arrested for allegedly driving at speeds of up to 104 mph with his son and another boy because they were late for a youth soccer game.

Juan Carlos Gallegos, 41, had his 9-year-old son and his son?s 9-year-old friend with him as he sped on eastbound Highway 116 near Pine View Way about 10 a.m. Saturday, Petaluma police said.

Officer Ron Klein said he saw the Nissan Altima cross the double yellow line and and pass vehicles while on the wrong side of the road, police said. His radar gun clocked the Nissan at 104 mph. It took Klein almost three miles to catch up to the car on his motorcycle and stop it, authorities said.

Gallegos told Klein they were late getting to a soccer game in Davis, police said. One of the boys told the officer, ?I knew he was going fast because I could hear the engine and we were passing other cars,? according to police.

Gallegos was arrested on suspicion of reckless driving and child endangerment. Police said his driving record shows prior offenses for both violations.

The boys were driven to the Petaluma Police Department, where Gallegos? son was picked up his mother. The other boy?s parents came to pick him up.

Gallegos? Nissan was impounded for 30 days.

Member Sales Rating: (13)

Honestly Danny, I never wondered that, but thanks anyway.
    'Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Member Sales Rating: (27)

Odd.. thats how fast a 04 F150 can go with the 4.6... Hmmmm
    www.Vr3Mods.com ///// www.Version3Audio.com

"No, that's silly talk. Dude, you can't possibly be this audio dumb so quit the act." - Doro

Member Sales Rating: (60)

Love my Altima. 2.5 liter 4 cylinder. Has very nice get ups for a 4 cylinder. Been well over 100 a few times and still get about 29 to 30 mpg.
    2CH - Magnepan MGIIIA's, Rogue Audio Magnum 66 pre, Parasound HCA1200 MKII, Douglas Connection IC's and Cables, Oppo BDP-83SE

Main HT - Adcom GFA7400, Rti70, Csi40, Rti28, Onkyo TX-SR705, Sony BDP-S1000ES, Signal Cable Analog 2 IC's, Mitsubishi 65" DLP, M&K 1250 THX Sub, Knu Koncepts cables

Mini HT - Samsung 46" 3D TV + 3D Blu ray player, HK AVR 254, Rti8's, Athena 12" sub

Member Sales Rating: (3)

I think the point here should not be how fast the Altima can go, but what an a$$hole the guy is for endagering his son and someone else's child. Good grief.

Member Sales Rating: (18)

I've got a 98 altima maybe I should try this with my son in the front seat and no seatbelt
    As Fongolio said " what an a$$" a soccer game? come one if the kid was dying and he was trying to get to the hospital then maybe, just maybe I could see it.
    HT- HK 335, Rotel 1075, Miova PC, AQ Indigo speaker cable, XLO jumpers, AQ Diamondback Ics, AQ HDMI x2, AQ component, Signal cable analog II Ics, Signal cable digcoax, Signal cable Toslink, Rti8, Csi5, Rti6, Energy s10.2, Panny 42" Plasma, PS3, Harmony 1100 (on the way, thanks Sal) and Harmony PS3 Adapter(picking it up tonight) LG dvdp(for the kids) , Monster 3600MKII all on a dedicated circuit.

Member Sales Rating: (2)

So, not only was he a dumbass for going 104 with the kids in the car, but both kids missed the game anyway.
    My equipment sig felt inadequate and deleted itself.

Member Sales Rating: (17)

104 really isn't much faster than 80 which is legal in some states.
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Just last week, I took the rental hybrid altima to 105 for ****es and giggles down 495......why not, it's a rental!!

It doesn't say what the posted limit was so i'm not impressed :-P
    2.0 - Zu Audio Omen MK-1B's, Peachtree Decco65 ,Zu Mission SC's, Audio Technica TT, Bugle2 & Bottlehead Reduction Phono Pre's, PS Audio UPC200, Doug's Int's
    HT - Anthem MRX300, RTIA3's, RTIA1's, CSIA4, DSW400, 55ST30, APC H15, 360 Elite, Panny DMP-BD35K

Rice is great when you're hungry and you want 2,000 of something - MH

Looking for new homes....
    MIT EXp2 Cables
    Anthem MCA20
    Polk RTiA5's

Thread Information