Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Member Sales Rating: (3)

I received both of mine today. Thanks Dave.
    "Polk SDA-SRSs are hopelessly out of date both sonically and technologically... I see no value whatsoever in older SDA speakers."~Audio Asylum Member

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Was there supposed to be a mounting bolt and nut with the package?

Thanks much for handling this Dave!!!
    Last edited by PolkMaster1; 07-20-2012 at 11:43 PM.
    Statistics show that 98% of us will die at some point in our lifetime.

The other 2% will work for WalMart.

Member Sales Rating: (49)

I have a feeling I'm going to kick my self for not getting in on this...

Quote Originally Posted by Toolfan66 View Post
    I thought you were on the list, or at least be one of the first 20+ in line to get one of these!!!

Member Sales Rating: (17)

Quote Originally Posted by F1nut View Post

Sal, do us a favor and reduce the size and resolution when you post pics. Some of us don't have light speed connections and your photos take forever to load.
    Sorry Jesse,

Those two pics were taken on my iPhone, uploaded to my FTP site and posted here all from inside my car while parked outside of my UPS store where I received the package.

It's not easy to reduce the photo size while on the iPhone. If I were in front of a PC or MAC it would have been easier but on my mobile phone I use what it gives me.

I could have taken a screenshot of the pic but then the iPhone converts it into a PNG file and i'm pretty sure I can't post that here.

Sal
    Polk Audio SDA SRS 1.2TL's
    With new Exotic wood, Sonicaps, Mills & RDO198's - Born on 4-24-1989 and Signed by Matthew Polk!!!!

My Polk SDA SRS 1.2TL's http://www.LASAREATH.com/

It All Started here: http://tinyurl.com/lasareath2

Part Deux: http://tinyurl.com/lasareath3

Car Stereo---->http://www.salsleaf.com/leaf_stereo/index.htm<---- NEW for 2013

Member Sales Rating: (4)

Well, look at it this way Larry: At least you have one of them already. I backup is always nice however.

Still waiting to receive mine. Hopefully tomorrow.
    Last edited by headrott; 07-21-2012 at 02:49 AM.
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:

"I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion."

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Received mine yesterday. What beast it is!

Thanks for handling all this Dave!
    "Science is suppose to explain observations not dismiss them as impossible" - Norm on AA; 2.3TL's w/sonicaps/mills, polyswitches removed, Lg Solen inductors, RD-0198's, MW's dynamatted, Armaflex speaker gaskets, H-nuts, brass spikes, Cardas CCGR BP's, upgraded IC Cable, Black Hole Damping Sheet strips installed on back wall behind MW's & Tweeters, interior of cabinets sealed, AI-1 interface with 1000VA A-L transformer

Glad to see that these are starting to be delivered. I am on vacation till monday and hope that mine will be waiting for me. There is one shipping address that A.L. had a problem with. Does anyone have a contact with Big Dawg besides private message. I tried pming him already and have not heard back.

I realize I came too late to the table. What are the transformer specs other than 1000KVamps? Couldn't find this model on the Avel site.

Thnk tony

Quote Originally Posted by gp4jesus View Post
    I realize I came too late to the table. What are the transformer specs other than 1000KVamps? Couldn't find this model on the Avel site.

Thnk tony
    See post #1 and post #53 of this thread for specs and measurements:

The-AI-1-Dreadnought-Project-Pt.2-Upgrade-to-1000VA-Transformer

The AV-047548 is not on the Avel-Lindberg website because it was not a regular product offering. It was a custom design for an audio manufacturer.
    "Polk SDA-SRSs are hopelessly out of date both sonically and technologically... I see no value whatsoever in older SDA speakers."~Audio Asylum Member

Quote Originally Posted by PolkMaster1 View Post
    Was there supposed to be a mounting bolt and nut with the package?

Thanks much for handling this Dave!!!
    Just checking to see if anyone get a bolt and nut with their unit?

Quote Originally Posted by PolkMaster1 View Post
    Just checking to see if anyone get a bolt and nut with their unit?
    No. A mounting bolt and nut was not included with the two AV-047548's that I ordered previously nor with the two on this order.

Even if a mounting bolt and nut had been included, I would not have used it because I enlarged the 1/4" mounting hole and used a thicker 3/8" bolt since my transformer cases sit on their sides.

The size, weight and electrical measurements of the two recently received AV-047548 transformers are consistent with the first two I ordered.

Listening tests (sighted ) comparing the new AV-047548's to one of the previous AV-047548's will be done after 24 hours of burn in on the Cable Cooker.

Figure 1. Avel-Lindberg AV-047548 1000VA transformers and aluminum cases.

Figure 2. Per usual, the aluminum cases and the transformer perimeter were lined with Dynamat Xtreme vibration damping material.

Figure 3. Finished assemblies ready for burn in and testing.

Figure 4. Cable Cooker burn in setup.

I received mine today. We got our money's worth in the "If it fits, it ships" catagory. I feel sorry for their postperson.

ya think? That's me X10 . . . i didn't even know about it til it was too late . . . #$%$#%^

I'll be hoping for round two, or . . . I just may put out a feeler for additional interest and take in upon my self to handle it.

Thoughts?

G

ps I've spoke o Melanie and the $ remains the same for same quantity, same quality
    Mains Polk SDA SRS 2 (modified) Sub M&K MX-100
    Power Pass Aleph 30 & Adcom GFA 5802
    Power Conditioner Furman Elite 15 PF i
    Rears Definitive Technology BP-2
    Center Definitive Technology C-1
    Pre/Pro Integra DHC 40.1
    Pre Cary SLP-98 Hot Rod
    LCD Samsung LN46B750
    Source Oppo 105
    Wires MIT S3.3

Got both of mine today, very nice. Will be installing soon. Intersting that they are "made in Sri Lanka". Looking forward to Raife's listening tests and comparisons.

"I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion."

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee

Installed mine in yesterday without the mounting hardware which I will pick up from the home depot later in the week. Slight improvement so far over the modified SDA cable I am using. It should get even better as I break it in further. Only got about an hour listening session in so far.

The previous torroidial was phenomenal!!!

Installed mine in yesterday without the mounting hardware which I will pick up from the home depot later in the week. Slight improvement so far over the modified SDA cable I am using. Then again, the movie I was watching did not have great sound - it was on DVD. It should get even better as I break it in further. Only got about an hour listening session in so far.

The previous torroidial was phenomenal!!!

I posted some measurements and listening evaluations of the new transformers in post #156, page 6 of the thread here.

I finished one of my AI-1's late last night. I have been buring it in by running music since last night at low volume. I have not done a listening session yet however. I will tomorrow sometime. i am looking forward to the comparison to the 800VA AI-1 that I was using. I will probably need another 25 or more hours for full burn in even by tomorrow afternoon/evening. I will let people know how it sounds (comparitively) tomorrow and when it fully burns in. Some pictures are below. Thanks again Raife, Dave, and Larry for the help in accomplishing assembly of the AI-1 (extreme) 1000VA version.

Click image for larger version

Name:	AI-1 159.JPG
Views:	28
Size:	237.7 KB
ID:	73299Click image for larger version

Name:	AI-1 160.JPG
Views:	29
Size:	317.9 KB
ID:	73300Click image for larger version

Name:	AI-1 162.JPG
Views:	32
Size:	249.8 KB
ID:	73301Click image for larger version

Name:	AI-1 165.JPG
Views:	31
Size:	251.3 KB
ID:	73302

Looks good Greg. That looks like the case that you had the 800VA transformer in, yes? If so, did you have to redrill the mounting hole?
    "Science is suppose to explain observations not dismiss them as impossible" - Norm on AA; 2.3TL's w/sonicaps/mills, polyswitches removed, Lg Solen inductors, RD-0198's, MW's dynamatted, Armaflex speaker gaskets, H-nuts, brass spikes, Cardas CCGR BP's, upgraded IC Cable, Black Hole Damping Sheet strips installed on back wall behind MW's & Tweeters, interior of cabinets sealed, AI-1 interface with 1000VA A-L transformer

Quote Originally Posted by drumminman View Post
    Looks good Greg. That looks like the case that you had the 800VA transformer in, yes? If so, did you have to redrill the mounting hole?
    No, this case is one of Larry's manufacturing. The other case is a glossy black and is bigger in size. I ordered it from a guy off the internet about 2 1/2 years ago (somewhere around that time). I am warming up the system now and am looking forward to the listening session.

Member Sales Rating: (14)

If anyone is following this channel and wants in on another group buy of these AL 1000VA transformers, let me know here:

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/show...or-DreadNought
    Good music, a good source, and good power can make SDA's sing. Tubes make them dance.

Thread Information