Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Question Which A/V Receiver Under $1500 can Drive Polk RTi A9's so they Sound Good to Great!!!

JUST WONDERING IF THERE'S AN A/V RECEIVER NEW OR USED UNDER $1500.00 THAT CAN MAKE MY POLK RTi A9'S SOUND THE WAY THEY ARE SUPPOSE TO, BEFORE I GO & SPEND $2500.00 ON A PRE/PRO & AMP.

Current System:

Onkyo TX-NR708 Receiver

Fronts = Polk RTi A9
    Center = CSi A6
    Rears = FXi A4
    Sub = (2) Velodyne FSX-12

YOUR SUGGESTIONS ARE GREATLY APPRECIATED...

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Descending toward the moon in the CLEM (Chinese Lunar Excursion Module), looking for Chang'e

I've found that Rti-A series sound best to "me" with a Marantz or a Denon AVR because they warm up the sound some? So anything in that price range that has pre-outs, because no receiver is going to properly power A9s!

You should "listen" to both because your ears may not agree with "mine".

cnh
    Onkyo TX-SR 805 System #1 HT AVR
    Office Two Channel: LSi-7s (Nakamichi CA-5, NAD 214, Pioneer BDP51fd)
    Vintage Polks: Polk Monitor 5As, Monitor 7Bs [HK 730], Monitor 10As [Marantz 2265], SDA-2Bs [Jolida JD-303, Jolida MV-MK4]
    Headphones: HD600, Q701, ATH-M50s etc. Bravo Audio Ocean amp., Onkyo P-304, Adcom GFA-555, Technics Direct Drive TT

I really like the SC series Pioneer Elite receivers, but since your 708 has pre outs you might consider just picking up an amp. You can get a hell of a nice amp for $1500.
    Theater Room: Pioneer Elite SC-35, RTi12's, Csi5, Fxi5's, Fxi3's, ED A5-350 sub, Optoma HD20, 92'' Elite Screen, Xbox One, APC H15, MIT Exp 2 SC's, Pepster PC's

Living Room: Martin Logan EM ESL's, Peachtree Audio iNova, MIT AVT2 SC's & IC's, Pepster PC, Sharp Aquos 60'', Sony BDP S-790, Airport Express

Bedroom: Panasonic AX200U projector, 110" screen

Outdoor: Polk Atrium 5's, Yamaha Rxv371

Why not try adding an amp to your Onkyo first. Biased opinion, try Parasound.

Descending toward the moon in the CLEM (Chinese Lunar Excursion Module), looking for Chang'e

Quote Originally Posted by chumlie View Post
    Why not try adding an amp to your Onkyo first. Biased opinion, try Parasound.
    Actually, this is not a bad idea. Parasounds tend to be "warmish".

cnh
    Onkyo TX-SR 805 System #1 HT AVR
    Office Two Channel: LSi-7s (Nakamichi CA-5, NAD 214, Pioneer BDP51fd)
    Vintage Polks: Polk Monitor 5As, Monitor 7Bs [HK 730], Monitor 10As [Marantz 2265], SDA-2Bs [Jolida JD-303, Jolida MV-MK4]
    Headphones: HD600, Q701, ATH-M50s etc. Bravo Audio Ocean amp., Onkyo P-304, Adcom GFA-555, Technics Direct Drive TT

Couple options worth looking at:
    I know personally that the Pioneer SC-35 will run the gear listed great, I also ran my LSi's with it for a week while waiting on my amp
    http://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-SC-35-.../dp/B004146438

But if you want to go new this is a route thatt I would be happy with for future versatility...an amp for the RTi A9's let the receiver power the rest...nice 2chnl dedicated amp for stereo from a quality company and better resale value for future and be done till you get upgraditis

http://www.wyred4sound.com/webapps/c...0/117839/18047

There are other manufactuer's and configs in this budget range....just my .02
    Home Theater:Samsung8000-55LED,Pioneer SC35, Pioneer DV-79AVi, Sunfire TGA7201, LSi25, LCi RTSc, LC80i
    2chnl system:Melody 101 tube pre, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, W4S Dac, MG Audio Planus2 speaker cables
    Office rig: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures

Member Sales Rating: (13)

Quote Originally Posted by AVTONY2510 View Post
    Since you are new here, let me suggest you try some forum etiquette. Lose the caps and the blue text in the body of your post.
    'Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Member Sales Rating: (45)

Quote Originally Posted by F1nut View Post
    Since you are new here, let me suggest you try some forum etiquette. Lose the caps and the blue text in the body of your post.
    Wow F1 why would you say that?

Quote Originally Posted by Conradicles View Post
    Wow F1 why would you say that?
    I'm sure that if you think about it long enough, you will figure it out.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Member Sales Rating: (45)

I'm sure that if you think about it long enough, you will figure it out.
    I DID AND STILL CAN'T FIGURE IT OUT...

I would suggest something with high quality room correction, like the Denon 4311 which has Audyssey XT32, Sherwood R972 with Trinnov, and Anthem with ARC. All have pre-outs so you can add external amps if you want more power. Plus can be found for much cheaper than you are looking to spend. I would read up on the different room correction, and see which one sounds the best, give them a try in your home if you can.

Member Sales Rating: (12)

BECAUSE LARGE RED LETTERS ARE BETTER!
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Monoblocks, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds, Dodd Audio MLP, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Peachtree I-DAC, Oppo BDP-93, Yamaha PX-3 Turntable, with Sumiko BPS EVOIII, Pioneer PDD 9MkII SACD Player, SimAudio moon 110lp phono preamplifier

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." Brad Shurett

Effers

Effers
    What I can't hear you...LOL
    Home Theater:Samsung8000-55LED,Pioneer SC35, Pioneer DV-79AVi, Sunfire TGA7201, LSi25, LCi RTSc, LC80i
    2chnl system:Melody 101 tube pre, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, W4S Dac, MG Audio Planus2 speaker cables

Effers
    I love that! LMAO!

Back to the thread... I agree with those suggesting that you get a good amp to drive the fronts rather than just going separates. My system has two tube amps anchoring my mains and a 7 channel 400wpc Sunfire driving the rest. This power is being controlled by a Pioneer SC-37, and will soon be augmented with an HT bypass capable two channel preamp.

The next thing I need is a house to stuff all that good stuff into.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Monoblocks, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds, Dodd Audio MLP, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Peachtree I-DAC, Oppo BDP-93, Yamaha PX-3 Turntable, with Sumiko BPS EVOIII, Pioneer PDD 9MkII SACD Player, SimAudio moon 110lp phono preamplifier

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." Brad Shurett

How would an Emotiva XPA-2 Amp. Sound with a Pair of Polk RTi A9's?

Any other Amp. Recommendations would be Greatly Appreciated...

Search the forum under Emotiva

Or amp suggestions....tons of threads and arguments

It is my understanding that the words "bright" and "fatiguing" come up quite often The A9's tend towards bing bright already do to the HT nature of their desighn, and Emotiva is a very forward sounding amp. The two together would not make a great pairing IMHO.

The all caps are considered .by some,to be shouting......However,the dark blue text in italics is excellent...Very readable and more conversational...I'm going to start using it

Emotiva UMC-1 Receiver $500
    Emotiva XPA-5 Amp $900
    Total= $1,400
    Be done with it and enjoy
    JUST WONDERING IF THERE'S AN A/V RECEIVER NEW OR USED UNDER $1500.00 THAT CAN MAKE MY POLK RTi A9'S SOUND THE WAY THEY ARE SUPPOSE TO, BEFORE I GO & SPEND $2500.00 ON A PRE/PRO & AMP.

Current System:

Onkyo TX-NR708 Receiver

Fronts = Polk RTi A9
    Center = CSi A6
    Rears = FXi A4
    Sub = (2) Velodyne FSX-12

YOUR SUGGESTIONS ARE GREATLY APPRECIATED...

Chumlie has a good suggustion. Never heard a avr that i thought sounded good (at least for music) seporates will do much better amd offer u more future options.
    Main Rig:
    Krell KAV 250a
    McIntosh MC 2120 bi-amped
    Into JBL L123 drivers
    Rane external crossover.
    MIT exp 1 ic's
    Perreaux SA33 class A preamp
    AQ kingcobra ic's
    ADCOM GDA 700 DAC ( MODDED)
    YAMMY CDC-665
    Marantz 6100 tt w/pickering XV-15/625E cart.
    Monster HTS 3600 power conditioner
    POLK RTA-12C'S W/ RDO194 TWEETS, clarity ESA caps mills risistors (full mod)
    MIT exps2 speaker cable

I would spend the cash on a good used "warm" amp. Something like a parasound or.carver.

AVTONY has 12 threads out of his 26 posts. He is asking the same question in multiple threads he has started. I think he is not taking previous advice and recommendations seriously. He probably has blue audio gear in rack already as every post he makes has been that color

Member Sales Rating: (2)

Personally, a similar combo for me (XPA-2 and XPA-3 with my RTi system) was just ok... nothing to write home about. Replaced both Emo amps with a 5-channel Adcom and haven't looked back. And while my inital motivation in buying Emo was cost (unfortunately, I didn't consider used at that time), the Adcom solution saved me money, and improved sound quality (win-win). Look around and be patient - the kinds of people who usually buy "better" gear (think Adcom, Rotel, B&K, Parasound, etc...) usually take exceptional care of their gear. When I picked up my "used" amp, it had not a scratch on it, and has performed marvelously since then.
    7.1 - polk RTi10 x 3 (LCR) : FXi3 x 2 : RTi4 x 4 : MFW-15 (RIP): Yamaha Aventage RX-A1000 : Adcom GFA-7500 : PS3 : Squeezebox Touch : DIRECTV : Panasonic PT-AX200U PJ @120"
    5.1 - Definitive Technology ProMonitor 800 x 4 : ProCenter 1000 : Klipsch Sub-10 : Onkyo TX-SR575 : DIRECTV HR22 DVR : LG 50PQ30 HDTV
    Garage Duty - polk Monitor 10s : Pioneer A-717 Integrated Amp : Squeezebox Classic

Thread Information