All right, so I have finally assembled the components to do the 2nd step of my audio install. The first step was a kenwood dnx8120 in the dash. This is all going in a 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon.
1. Deaden/soundproof doors and wheel wells
2. Wire for amps and speakers
3. Create the mounting location for the amps/dist block/crossovers
4. Install front speakers
What is going in:
- RaamMat BXT II
- PS Ensolite
- Alpine PDX 4.150 (powering the fronts)
- Alpine PDX 1.1000 (powering the subs, probably not installed yet, but everything ready for it
- Polk Audio SR5250
- Patrick's Spacers
- JL 2 Gauge 2 Amp Wiring kit
- 14 Gauge speaker wire
So, the plan is to completely deaden/soundproof the front doors and run the speaker wires first. Hopefully I can knock that out in a few 2 hour windows. Then I will fabricate the mount for the amps, crossovers, and dist. Block. Run the wiring for the amps. Lastly install the speakers and tune.
Step 3 will be (In the Future):
Homemade fiberglass sub box, or a JL Audio StealthBox depending on my time/laziness. I also might do a JBL MS-8 in the end.
Until I get the MS-8 the SRs are being run coaxially