So I picked up a trunk kit recently from craigslist for $30, expecting to use this on my preamp, power amps, and speakers. Well, I couldn't figure out how to drop the driver out of the speaker last night and didn't prod too much in fear of scratching the finish on them. I did however get it applied to the Shuguangs. This has undoubtedly improved overall SQ. While I lost a bit of air that I had before, there is more texture to all notes, so much so that stuff I never really equated to an instrument are now plain as day coming from an instrument. I was listening to I think track 5 on the Gladiator Soundtrack and there is this long note that was always monotone, never changing in any way. Now, you can hear the fluctuation of that note while its being played. The soundstage became more three-dimensional as well, but it seems width stayed about the same. There was a slight increase in imaging, but again the biggest change was just overall detail.
By far the most noticeable improvement is in the bass notes. The Usher's still pressurize the room, but it seems this application sucked up the midbass hump they had that overpowered the room. Bass notes have much more texture to them, and I'm even noticing differences in drums that I never noticed before. I highly recommend this mod for those looking for cheap ways to improve their game. I used between 3 and 4 sq ft of dynamat for all three pieces.