Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: B-52's

Member Sales Rating: (49)

Thumbs up B-52's

Back in the day I would catch a video here and there but that was about it. The last couple years I have been picking up the Silver Label from Mobile Fidelity Vinyl, and I have been hooked on them, Great SQ and sounds great on the SDA's.

That's all move along..

Rock Lobster!!
    No Way But The Hard Way, So Get Used To It!!!

Member Sales Rating: (1)

I enjoy listening to them while in My Own Private Idaho situated on Planet Claire

Member Sales Rating: (8)

I'm a fan of their music as well... I've been thinking about getting their recent Blu-ray concert release, does anyone have it yet?
    "Life is one grand, sweet song, so start the music." ~ Ronald Reagan

"I love songs about horses, railroads, land, Judgment Day, family, hard times, whiskey, courtship, marriage, adultery, separation, murder, war, prison, rambling, damnation, home, salvation, death, pride, humor, piety, rebellion, patriotism, larceny, determination, tragedy, rowdiness, heartbreak and love. And Mother. And God." ~ Johnny Cash

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Quote Originally Posted by brgman View Post
    I enjoy listening to them while in My Own Private Idaho situated on Planet Claire
    Were you tuned to Channel Z ?

We were at the beach everybody had matching towels. I got me a Chrysler its as big as a whale. Gotta love the B-52s

Member Sales Rating: (6)

I remember when I was a kid my family and I went to the beach for summer vacation at the Outer Banks of NC like we did every year (my mom is from there). My cousin had his boom box out, yeah it was that era, and "told me to come check this out, it's a new band called the B-52's and they are actually from GA close to where you live." I remember hearing Rock Lobster. For a 10 year kid who was listening to Def Lepperd, Quiet Riot, Motley Crue and other assorted early 80s hair metal, it was quite different to say the least. I thought it was kind of weird, but catchy and really fun at the same time. Needless to say, the B-52s where always quite popular in GA, but I never really got into them until I went to college at UGA. There's just something about the atmosphere in Athens that made bands like the B-52s click. The music, town, atmosphere, people, setting, everything, it just clicked with the them and all of the other great music that was coming out of that town. It's hard to explain. I've been a fan of them ever since and everytime I hear them it makes me think of my fondest foggiest memories in college.

I saw them in an old non air conditioned gym at Boston College back in the mid 80's and I gotta tell ya they tore it up. Easily one of the best concerts I've ever seen and I've been to a ton of concerts.
    Monitor 7C's
    Monitor 5Jr+ Series 2

"He had no conception of the instrument, He was blowing into it. He loved his cello." ~ Take the Money and Run

Member Sales Rating: (7)

They rock and have been much more influential on rock / pop music then most people would give them credit for...they had a concert on PBS not too long ago that I freaking missed

Thread Information