Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Question How does SDA CRS compare with 2B and other SDA's in general?

Have a line for a pair of SDA CRS (they don't have +).
    These look like a center channel speakers with a tweeter in the middle and 2 mids.
    Do these compact SDA's have similar sound as SDA 2B or others?
    Thanks for information.

Name:  Polk SDA CRS.jpg
Views: 837
Size:  72.8 KB

Boston A400, DefTech BP10,BP-2, Klipsch KG2.5,KG4,KSP-400,KSF-C5,RF3,RC3.
    JBL L20t,L80t3,L166, EPI 20+,T/E 280, Polk 4,4.5,7C,RTA-11T, KEF Coda III, Yamaha NS-690.
    SUB:PF15TL+, Energy e:XL-S8, Optimus SW-10P, Velodyne VA08BVX10. Pre: HK AP2500. Amps: BB175, Adcom GFA-555II, Rotel RB-990BX.

Member Sales Rating: (6)

If they only have (1) tweeter, then they are the +'s.

All SDA's sound similar. These speakers certainly sound like SDA's.

Do it and see what all the fuss is about!
    2-Channel:

Source 1: PC
    Source 2: Rega Apollo CDP
    USB > SPDIF Converter: Stello U3
    DAC: Audio GD NFB-7
    Preamp: Audio Research LS-15
    Power Amp: BAT VK-500
    Speakers: Magnepan 3.7's

HT:

Source 1: HTPC
    Source 2: Oppo 103
    Pre/Pro: Marantz av8003
    Power Amp: Rotel RMB-1095
    Fronts: LSiM-705's
    Center: LSiM-704c
    Surrounds: LSiM-702's
    Subs: Dual SVS PC12-NSD's

Quote Originally Posted by falconcry72 View Post
    If they only have (1) tweeter, then they are the +'s.
    All SDA's sound similar. These speakers certainly sound like SDA's.
    Do it and see what all the fuss is about!
    Yes, 1 SL2000 tweeter each.
    The sticker doesn't mention + so was not sure.

Is $150 decent deal on these with the cable?

Here is the front picture.

Name:  Polk SDA CRS-front.jpg
Views: 842
Size:  34.3 KB

JBL L20t,L80t3,L166, EPI 20+,T/E 280, Polk 4,4.5,7C,RTA-11T, KEF Coda III, Yamaha NS-690.
    SUB:PF15TL+, Energy e:XL-S8, Optimus SW-10P, Velodyne VA08BVX10. Pre: HK AP2500. Amps: BB175, Adcom GFA-555II, Rotel RB-990BX.

yep. do it.
    Den: Rega RP6 , Jolida JD9ii , SBTouch , W4S DAC1 , Dared sl2000a , MIT Shotgun3 , WW Electra , Dared I-30 >> Hartley Concertmaster VI (full update by Hartley) , Sunfire Sig II >> Maggie 1.6QR (Polk SRS 1.2 in rehab)

Office: MediaMonkey (wasapi) , HRT Streamer 2 , Dared sl2000a , Pass Aleph 30 >> Revel Performa M22 , Dared MP-5 >> Hartley Reference Mini-Tower

Member Sales Rating: (6)

Quote Originally Posted by vcwatkins View Post
    yep. do it.
    no question about it.
    2-Channel:

Source 1: PC
    Source 2: Rega Apollo CDP
    USB > SPDIF Converter: Stello U3
    DAC: Audio GD NFB-7
    Preamp: Audio Research LS-15
    Power Amp: BAT VK-500
    Speakers: Magnepan 3.7's

HT:

Source 1: HTPC
    Source 2: Oppo 103
    Pre/Pro: Marantz av8003
    Power Amp: Rotel RMB-1095
    Fronts: LSiM-705's
    Center: LSiM-704c
    Surrounds: LSiM-702's
    Subs: Dual SVS PC12-NSD's

Get 'em. If you don't like them, I'll buy them off of you. But I won't be holding my breath.
    Den: Rega RP6 , Jolida JD9ii , SBTouch , W4S DAC1 , Dared sl2000a , MIT Shotgun3 , WW Electra , Dared I-30 >> Hartley Concertmaster VI (full update by Hartley) , Sunfire Sig II >> Maggie 1.6QR (Polk SRS 1.2 in rehab)

Office: MediaMonkey (wasapi) , HRT Streamer 2 , Dared sl2000a , Pass Aleph 30 >> Revel Performa M22 , Dared MP-5 >> Hartley Reference Mini-Tower

Member Sales Rating: (49)

$150 is killer.. I will take them for $150 I know he has had them listed for $200 and that's a deal in its self but for $150 I will take them, and I don't need them..
    Hot Rodded SDA 1.2TL's, SDA 1C's, SDA CRS+'s...
    Powered By Wyred 4 Sound, STP-SE, SX-1000...
    MIT-Shotgun's ...

Yeah grab them they sound great got 2 pair of them myself, and mine didn't come with the interconnects. I was however able to get A couple of cables from a couple of nice forum members. They appear to be in very nice shape. I hope you end up getting them.

Okay, I'm officially SDA owner even though it's a compact one.
    The interconnect cable has one flat and one round end in each end and the cable casing looks like it's pulled out from the end socket.
    The veneer is peeling in few places. Some wood glue could fix that or if you have better recommendation, I'd appreciate it.
    Other than that and few nicks/scratches, all drivers look to be in good condition.
    When I heard them at the seller's place, I thought one of the drivers was not working but after careful attention, it is working but not the same as other driver. It could be because one is mid and another is mid-bass. Hmm...
    It's too late to test them today. Hopefully, tomorrow morning I'll give them a try.
    Thanks for comments.

BTW, Toolfan66, are you from Denver as well?
    Last edited by Mystery; 06-14-2012 at 12:37 AM.

Read up on SDA and learn the science behind them. It should make sense then.
    Usher CP-6311, Shuguang S200MK, Shuguang S845MK, Pioneer BDP-51fd, Douglas IC's, AQ cv-8 SC's, Pangea/Douglas PC's, Epson 8100

Member Sales Rating: (13)

I thought one of the drivers was not working but after careful attention, it is working but not the same as other driver. It could be because one is mid and another is mid-bass. Hmm...
    No, that's not it. The outer one is the dimensional (SDA) driver and plays at about half the volume of the inner, which is the stereo driver. The big one on the back is a fluid coupled passive radiator. Be careful if you remove it as you don't want to let the fluid out.
    'Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Member Sales Rating: (10)

Quote Originally Posted by F1nut View Post
    No, that's not it. The outer one is the dimensional (SDA) driver and plays at about half the volume of the inner, which is the stereo driver. The big one on the back is a fluid coupled passive radiator. Be careful if you remove it as you don't want to let the fluid out.
    I believe I have some extra coupling fluid here at the house somewhere, so if you spill it, I can send some out for a quite reasonable price.

F1nut and agfrost.....play nice!!

Member Sales Rating: (13)

Whadda mean, we didn't do anything....honest we didn't.
    'Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Member Sales Rating: (4)

Southern New Jersey, the clean part, where all the manure is...

You have then standing wrong in the picture. Try them with the tweeter on top, in the orientation printed on the back...
    I smell ass, burning ass, glowing cherry red spanked ass.

RT1

Yes I'm from Denver, born and raised!! I live in Littleton, Kipling n Bowles area..

Congrats!!
    MIT-Shotgun's ...

Quote Originally Posted by amulford View Post
    You have then standing wrong in the picture. Try them with the tweeter on top, in the orientation printed on the back...

LOL!! That's the pic the seller had in the ad..
    MIT-Shotgun's ...

Quote Originally Posted by Toolfan66 View Post
    LOL!! That's the pic the seller had in the ad..
    Maybe that's why he sold 'em - that orientation would play hell with the SDA effect!
    "Science is suppose to explain observations not dismiss them as impossible" - Norm on AA; 2.3TL's w/sonicaps/mills, polyswitches removed, Lg Solen inductors, RD-0198's, MW's dynamatted, Armaflex speaker gaskets, H-nuts, brass spikes, Cardas CCGR binding posts, upgraded IC Cable, Black Hole Damping Sheets (3" strips) installed on back wall behind MW's & Tweeters, interior of cabinets sealed, AI-1 interface with 1000VA transformer

Thumbs up

Thanks for comments.
    The veneer is peeling off mostly on the rounded corners and little bit along the side.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Polk SDA CRS+ (1).jpg
Views:	81
Size:	39.1 KB
ID:	71716

The interconnect cable casing is pulled from the end socket but still is attached fine.
    I'll have to use electric tape or something to avoid further damage.
    I guess the ends are not specific to L or R channel, correct?

Name:	Polk SDA CRS+ Cable-small.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	119.8 KB
ID:	71717

Quote Originally Posted by DSkip View Post
    Read up on SDA and learn the science behind them. It should make sense then.
    Will do.
    Did a quick compare against Monitor 7's and found these SDA have better bass even with smaller cabinets and sound smoother. SL2000 are more present than 7's. I listened with and without the interconnect cable and while sound is different, I can't exactly say what's different. Hmm... need to listen more.

Quote Originally Posted by F1nut View Post
    Oh my! The seller took one of the drivers out to check the wires that I thought was not working. I think most of the fluid came out and may be still at his house.

Quote Originally Posted by amulford View Post
    That's seller's picture as toolfan mentioned.
    It'll be tricky to place them flat in my setup.
    So, these are not supposed to setup vertical.
    If I could stand them up, I could easily stack them on top of Advents or 7's.

Name:	Polk SDA CRS+ (5).jpg
Views:	151
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	71715

Quote Originally Posted by Toolfan66 View Post
    Yes I'm from Denver, born and raised!! I live in Littleton, Kipling n Bowles area..
    Congrats!!
    Nice to know your close by. I live near Kipling and 285 so I could literally walk to your place.
    I'm from under the other side of the world and moved from Dallas in 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by drumminman View Post
    Maybe that's why he sold 'em - that orientation would play hell with the SDA effect!
    Nah... the seller knows what he's doing. He has at least 7 vintage receivers and few pairs of huge Pioneer speakers along with some FRM MA-1 etc... He said he collects vintage receivers.

Too many things to do in the weekend and cannot test speakers during weekdays due to neighbors.
    Need to find some time to go through all the speakers.

We need to hook up sometime soon!!! Have you come over and get your ears on my 1.2tl's..

I can also bring over my fully modded CRS+'s and put them side by side to your stock CRS+'s..
    Last edited by Toolfan66; 06-14-2012 at 03:29 PM.