I just bought the following
1. Polk Monitor 70 series II front speakers (2)
2. Polk PSW125 Subwoofer (1)
3. Polk Monitor 40 series II rear surround (2)
4. Polk CS20 Center Channel (1)
5. Denon AVR-1912 receiver
6. 16G oxygen free copper wire
7. Sanus 18? speaker stands for rear speakers
8. Need to get a projector and a screen still
As you must have understood, I am working on a home theatre system. I have no experience on hooking up any audio or video before. I just had a flat screen TV and a DVD player before which of course needs a simple hook up. I was astonished by the size of front and rear speakers. From the size and wooden frame (comparing to Bose), did I buy speakers from stone age or they are used today also ??? I saw they have been discontinued by Polk. As you can realize I didn?t do much research. It was very confusing with all different brands so I bought the ones with a good deal
1. What do I really need for basic hook up. These speakers have red and black points in the back ??
2. Does the speaker wire needs a special cutter ??
3. Is the receiver ready to play out of the box or it needs tuning or bass management or whatever else
4. If I want to play any music, do I have to have a dvd player hooked up to it?
These just arrived today and I want to get them ready before the weekend
Your help will be greatly appreciated