Got a Squeezebox classic incoming (Thanks Rooftop59) that has a LONG Polkie lineage. From H9 to Assimilated to Rooftop and now to Me. While a Touch would be nice, I dong have the space or scratch. Plus I am hoping since its so small the WAF factor will be fine. Since I dont have any high rez sources and will be just FLAC and MOG to my Integra via TosLink figured this was a good route, and got a great price on my unit .
In preparation for this I have my entire library combined into one folder on my computer upstairs that is on 24/7. I have the tags are configured how I want for genre, etc. The main computer is hardwired to my network. There is a gigabit switch in my HT rack so I will be going wired simply because there is no reason not too. I will be installing the Squeezebox software as well hopefully tonight or tomorrow.
I also know there are some suggested tweaks that may or may not be applicable to my Classic but I plan on checking them all out: http://soundcheck-audio.blogspot.com...oolbox-30.html.
Some things I need help with:
1. I know that a upgraded power-supply is recommended so I found some options (Thanks Ryan for your help!). Now I just want to know if an option wont work. I realize there is a large disparity between these models in cost and possibly in sound but to be honest I am looking at just the first 3 and more likely first 2. I may buy a better one later on but this system is my starter Logitech one and if all works well will eventually be the source for my 8 months old setup, or a secondary system elsewhere. Anything I need to know about my listed power supply options? Also keep in mind this is a CLASSIC not a TOUCH, so IIRC the voltages are different.
- ELPAC - 15 bucks: http://www.ebay.com/itm/ELPAC-POWER-...item43b6556d38
- Digikey - 20 bucks: http://www.digikey.com/product-searc...9-ND&x=17&y=16
- Teralink - 150 bucks: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Logitech-Squ...item460bdd98ce
- Wellborne - 230 bucks (some response time issues as of late) http://www.welbornelabs.com/cat/sque...lyupgrades.htm
- CIAudio - 260 bucks http://ciaudio.com/products/VDCSB
2. I am wondering what the best app to use for control is on my HTC One. I dont want to hassle with the included remote at all.
3. Finally, anything I am overlooking?