Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
    Administrator
    Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default Great idea AsSiMiLaTeD‎!

Per AsSiMiLaTeD's‎ poll and post about starting a Headphones section, here it is! Ask and ye shall receive. Like many of you said in AsSiMiLaTeD's thread, this will be an excellent area to have the type of discussions you would see on Head-Fi but without all the noise.

Just for fun, I'll let you know that here at the Polk HQ I'm running UltraFocus 8000's out of a NuForce uDac2, connected to my computer with an AudioQuest Carbon USB cable. I generally listen to FLACs I d/l from Archive.org.

Thanks again, AsSiMiLaTeD!

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Descending toward the moon in the CLEM (Chinese Lunar Excursion Module), looking for Chang'e

I agree and I loved his review of the 8000s as I didn't even know that Polk had issued a full range over the ear, noise cancelling HP. Looks like a "winner" to me!

cnh
    Onkyo TX-SR 805 System #1 HT AVR
    Office Two Channel: LSi-7s (Nakamichi CA-5, NAD 214, Pioneer BDP51fd)
    Vintage Polks: Polk Monitor 5As, Monitor 7Bs [HK 730], Monitor 10As [Marantz 2265], SDA-2Bs [Jolida JD-303, Jolida MV-MK4]
    Headphones: HD600, Q701, ATH-M50s etc. Bravo Audio Ocean amp., Onkyo P-304, Adcom GFA-555, Technics Direct Drive TT

Member Sales Rating: (20)

Jon, do you want to move a couple of the headphone threads over to this new forum? If you like I can identify a few of those and send you a PM with the details
    Main HT
    Magnepan 1.6QR fronts, POlk R15 surrounds, Pioneer SC-25, Parasound Halo A23, Oppo BDP-105, Panasonic TC-P60ZT60, Sony PS3, Apple TV

Bedroom System
    Polk Blackstone TL3, Polk PSWi225 Wireless Sub, HK 3490 Integrated, Oppo BDP-103, Sharp Aquos 32" TV, Apple TV

Office Rig
    27" iMac w/Amarra, AudioQuest Dragonfly 1.2, Focal XS Book, Schiit Valhalla, Cypher Labs Theorem 720, Philips Fidelio X1, Sennheiser HD600, HiFiMan HE-500, B&W P7, LG 47LM7600, Sony PS3, Apple TV

Administrator

That sounds good. I need practice moving threads anyway, so please send me a few and I'll work to move them over.

Thanks again!
    Jon

Member Sales Rating: (6)

great idea, assimilated.

I love polks noise cancelling buds with the button to hear whats going on around you, and then switch back again. brilliant
    design is where science and art break even.

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Thanks assimilated....This is a great idea....I use AKG 701's for my mains.....I've lost count of the different head amps I've accumulated(lol).......just can't lay off those pretty tubes....I'm currently trying out the Indeed G3 with the 5814A tube...I'm using it mostly as a tube buffer.......peter

Member Sales Rating: (21)

I agree thanks for thinking of doing this and for putting it together to make it happen.

Scott
    Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid. ..... Frank Zappa

My Mid-Fi Systems - In The Showcase

Member Sales Rating: (31)

Thanks!
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche

Administrator

I just moved a bunch of headphone threads that Assimilated reccommendedinto this corner of the forum. If anyone else wants me to move a specific thread in here, just PM me.

Thanks!

Jon_S wanted to bump this thread and say thanks for posting the Archive.org mention. Looks like a cool place to check out for some music to download!
    Advice is free, the Flea Market is earned - F1Nut

Main HT: APC H15 | Pio 51FD | Uverse DVR | Xbox 360 | Squeezebox Classic | Integra DTR 5.9 | Carver AV-705x & M1.0t MKII Opt002 | LSi 15 | LSiC | LSi F/x | Kimber Hero IC & 8VS SC

Office Rig: Win 7 -> DacMagic w/ Pangea PSU | Pro-ject Debut III | Sunfire TGP-II | Parasound HCA-750ii | Polk RTA 11TL | Cables TBA

Bedroom: Uverse DVR | Roku 2 | Samsung LCD | SurroundBar 2000

Sales Rating
    Gear

Administrator

Glad you like Archive.org, EndersShadow, I like to hit it up every now and again to see what's new with bands that have a liberal taping policy. It's free music you can download without stealing!

Quote Originally Posted by Jon_S View Post
    Glad you like Archive.org, EndersShadow, I like to hit it up every now and again to see what's new with bands that have a liberal taping policy. It's free music you can download without stealing!
    Yup, great way to try out some radically different stuff to see if you like it without having to buy it.
    Advice is free, the Flea Market is earned - F1Nut

Main HT: APC H15 | Pio 51FD | Uverse DVR | Xbox 360 | Squeezebox Classic | Integra DTR 5.9 | Carver AV-705x & M1.0t MKII Opt002 | LSi 15 | LSiC | LSi F/x | Kimber Hero IC & 8VS SC

Office Rig: Win 7 -> DacMagic w/ Pangea PSU | Pro-ject Debut III | Sunfire TGP-II | Parasound HCA-750ii | Polk RTA 11TL | Cables TBA

Bedroom: Uverse DVR | Roku 2 | Samsung LCD | SurroundBar 2000

Sales Rating
    Gear

Thread Information