Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (8)

Default My Bethel, NY (Woodstock) trip photos

As promised, here are some photos from my recent trip to Bethel NY and and site of the Woodstock festival (sorry it took so long)...

There will be 10 posts, please don't reply until I've posted them all...

On the way I stopped at the Woodstock Harley-Davidson dealership in Kingston, it is about 60 miles from Bethel. Here's a few from there:

Attachment 73339Attachment 73340Attachment 73341Attachment 73342Attachment 73343
    "Life is one grand, sweet song, so start the music." ~ Ronald Reagan

"I love songs about horses, railroads, land, Judgment Day, family, hard times, whiskey, courtship, marriage, adultery, separation, murder, war, prison, rambling, damnation, home, salvation, death, pride, humor, piety, rebellion, patriotism, larceny, determination, tragedy, rowdiness, heartbreak and love. And Mother. And God." ~ Johnny Cash

"I love songs about horses, railroads, land, Judgment Day, family, hard times, whiskey, courtship, marriage, adultery, separation, murder, war, prison, rambling, damnation, home, salvation, death, pride, humor, piety, rebellion, patriotism, larceny, determination, tragedy, rowdiness, heartbreak and love. And Mother. And God." ~ Johnny Cash

The last 2 of these are shots of the stage area, a front and side view.

Attachment 73349Attachment 73350Attachment 73351Attachment 73352Attachment 73353

The Wurlitzer in the last photo was used by Sha Na Na.

Attachment 73403Attachment 73404Attachment 73405Attachment 73406Attachment 73407

The End.

I took a ton of photos, but wasn't happy with many of them. These are the best of the best, I hope you enjoyed them...

Attachment 73412
    Last edited by Rick88; 07-25-2012 at 08:15 AM.

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Nice. Thanks for sharing.

I bet its a pretty cool feeling standing on those grounds.
    2-channel
    Sources: Pro-ject 2.9 wood Grado Gold cartridge; Oppo BDP-105; Amps: Anthem Integrated 225; PS Audio GCPH Speakers: Polk - LSi15's (sub mod)

HT
    Amps: Sony - STR-DG1000; Outlaw 200 Mono; B&K Reference 200.2; Speakers: Polk - CS2, Monitor 70's, RC80i's; Video: Optoma HD20; FAVI HD-100

Man Cave
    Sources: Sony PS-LX410, Denon 3910; Amps: Dared sl2000a, HK 3490, Simaudio Moon LP3; Speakers: Polk - SDA 2A's

Member Sales Rating: (1)

cool! I have to get there one day since it's barely 3 hours from us.

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Thats a really clean Hippie Bus. Can't believe everyone called em dirty Hippies. Thanks Rick.

Quote Originally Posted by hochpt21 View Post
    Nice. Thanks for sharing.

I bet its a pretty cool feeling standing on those grounds.
    It sure was, it had me wishing I had something to "toke" while lying in the field... lol.....

Quote Originally Posted by muncybob View Post
    cool! I have to get there one day since it's barely 3 hours from us.
    You really should if you get a chance. In fact, I want to go back because I didn't get to see everything as I only had about 3 hrs before they closed. I may even go back before the end of this summer...

Quote Originally Posted by chumlie View Post
    Thats a really clean Hippie Bus. Can't believe everyone called em dirty Hippies. Thanks Rick.
    That bus was so cool, it was one of my favorite things on display!!

Member Sales Rating: (16)

Rick,

George Daniel was there! I am glad that I didn't go. Too much filth. Hippies were dirty
    Carl

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Nice pictures, Rick. The museum looks pretty cool.

3 free days of
    Richie Havens
    Arlo Guthrie
    Joan Baez
    Ravi Shankar
    Janis Joplin
    Jimi Hendrix
    Johnny Winter
    Creedence Clearwater
    Mountain
    Santana
    John Sabastian
    The Who
    Canned Heat
    Grateful Dead
    Paul Butterfield Blues Band
    Jefferson Airplane
    Crosby, Still, Nash, AND Young
    Blood, Sweat, and Tears
    Melanie (mmmmmmm)
    Ten Years AFter
    Swee****er
    Sha-Na-Na
    Incredible String Band
    Country Joe McDonald and The Fish

You didn't happen to find a hash pipe about 20 yards to the right of the stage area ? Just wondering.

Thanks for the pictures.
    MrBigBlueLight
    Usually right, but sometimes not entirely factually correct.
    Shifting to Plan B

At a comfortable distance.... gaining perspective

Did ya have any luck finding my roach clip ? I lost it somewhere at the top of the hill near The Hog Farm.

Great pics BTW, thanks !!!

Member Sales Rating: (4)

Excellent pictures Rick. Thank you for posting.

Some of the best live musical performances ever at Woodstock. Some standouts for me (based on the video of course) are:

Santana
    Richie Havens (I understand he made up the song he performed on the spot)
    Sly And The Family Stone
    Ten Years After
    The Who
    Jimi Hendrix (Hendrix I understand collapsed after he walked off stage from exhaustion of being up for 3 days straight)
    Joe Cocker

I wish there was quality footage of Janis Joplin, Ravi Shankar, Greatful Dead, and Country Joe And The Fish.

Thanks again Rick!
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:

"I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion."

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee

Thread Information