Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (2)

Default Best Squeezebox remote and more

Refurbished Kindle Fire. Currently $159, but they've run them as low as $139.

Voided the warranty within minutes of opening the box.
    Rooted, running ICS, Squeeze Commander, Yamaha AV app, DirecTV controller app...
    7.1 - polk RTi10 x 3 (LCR) : FXi3 x 2 : RTi4 x 4 : MFW-15 (RIP): Yamaha Aventage RX-A1000 : Adcom GFA-7500 : PS3 : Squeezebox Touch : DIRECTV : Panasonic PT-AX200U PJ @120"
    5.1 - Definitive Technology ProMonitor 800 x 4 : ProCenter 1000 : Klipsch Sub-10 : Onkyo TX-SR575 : DIRECTV HR22 DVR : LG 50PQ30 HDTV
    Garage Duty - polk Monitor 10s : Pioneer A-717 Integrated Amp : Squeezebox Classic

Member Sales Rating: (11)

Done the same thing with a Nook Color.

Quote Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post
    Done the same thing with a Nook Color.
    My wife has one of those, but she just runs it stock. I'm sure the experience would be similar, though. Lots of good small tablets out there that make for nice, large, touchscreen remotes.

Member Sales Rating: (23)

iPad using JRemote, once you set up SB as J. River Zone.

Member Sales Rating: (20)

We use an iPad running iPeng and it's our favorite method of controlling the SB, we prefer it over the standard SB app which I don't like.
    Main HT
    Magnepan 1.6QR fronts, POlk R15 surrounds, Pioneer SC-25, Parasound Halo A23, Oppo BDP-105, Panasonic TC-P60ZT60, Sony PS3, Apple TV

Bedroom System
    Polk Blackstone TL3, Polk PSWi225 Wireless Sub, HK 3490 Integrated, Oppo BDP-103, Sharp Aquos 32" TV, Apple TV

Office Rig
    27" iMac w/Amarra, AudioQuest Dragonfly 1.2, Focal XS Book, Schiit Valhalla, Cypher Labs Theorem 720, Philips Fidelio X1, Sennheiser HD600, HiFiMan HE-500, B&W P7, LG 47LM7600, Sony PS3, Apple TV

Member Sales Rating: (14)

I really don't understand how you could want anything more than what iPeng gives you. Saturday I will be having a party on my deck for 75 people. I will have my outdoor speakers that are on one side of my deck playing my Squeezebox Classic through my whole-house system. For the other side of the deck to hear those speakers, I'd need to crank them pretty loud. Instead, I'll have my two Squeezebox Radios, battery powered, sat in different areas of the deck, along with my Squeezebox Boom plugged into an outdoor outlet. This way, I can keep the volume down on each device enough so that I have nice background music without interfering with people trying to have a conversation. From my iPhone, from my deck, I'll be able to sync the four devices together, and control the playlist from outside. I've had parties like this before, and basically blow people's minds. Combine that with the fact that iPeng can also turn the iPhone into a Squeezebox player, and an open port on your router allows you to do that anywhere you have cell phone signal, is about as great a Squeezebox remote as I could even dream up. So I have my iPhone plugged into my car stereo, and can stream my 3000+ cd's worth of flacs to my car from anywhere.
    Good music, a good source, and good power can make SDA's sing. Tubes make them dance.

Member Sales Rating: (1)

wow I just use the SB remote you get from Logitech.. i didn't know I peng had that streaming capability.. maybe be something i'll have to check out...
    HT - game room
    Yamaha RX V665 - AVR, Polk Monitor 60's,(HT), Polk Monitor 40's, Polk CS 1, Polk PSW 505, Samsung PN50B550 - 50" Plasma, PS3, Wii

2ch - spare bedroom
    Squeezebox Touch->AQ Alpha Snake->Music Hall A15.2->Ascend Acoustics Sierra-1
    Yamaha S1800(SACD),Technics SL-QD33(TT)
    Head-fi - Sennheiser HD 280, Audio Technica ATH-AD700, B&W P5, Sennheiser HD 650
    Lenovo Laptop-> Dragonfly USB DAC/amp
    Server-QNAP TS110

Even without the streaming capability, iPeng is really good. But when it becomes a Squeezebox in your car, it is awesome.
    Good music, a good source, and good power can make SDA's sing. Tubes make them dance.

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Can I get my Kindle Fire to control my Squeeze Duet?

I was reading about slideme.org...then download SAM...then download squeeze commander.

Will this work?

Thanks,
    2-channel
    Sources: Pro-ject 2.9 wood Grado Gold cartridge; Oppo BDP-105; Amps: Anthem Integrated 225; PS Audio GCPH Speakers: Polk - LSi15's (sub mod)

HT
    Amps: Sony - STR-DG1000; Outlaw 200 Mono; B&K Reference 200.2; Speakers: Polk - CS2, Monitor 70's, RC80i's; Video: Optoma HD20; FAVI HD-100

Man Cave
    Sources: Sony PS-LX410, Denon 3910; Amps: Dared sl2000a, HK 3490, Simaudio Moon LP3; Speakers: Polk - SDA 2A's

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Quote Originally Posted by nspindel View Post
    Combine that with the fact that iPeng can also turn the iPhone into a Squeezebox player, and an open port on your router allows you to do that anywhere you have cell phone signal, is about as great a Squeezebox remote as I could even dream up. So I have my iPhone plugged into my car stereo, and can stream my 3000+ cd's worth of flacs to my car from anywhere.
    Wow i did not know this! Cool.Gotta try it!!
    Thanks Neil

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Never mind. Figured it out.

I feel silly for not having tried to figure this out before.

This is awesome. Much easier to use compared to the duet 'stick'.
    2-channel
    Sources: Pro-ject 2.9 wood Grado Gold cartridge; Oppo BDP-105; Amps: Anthem Integrated 225; PS Audio GCPH Speakers: Polk - LSi15's (sub mod)

HT
    Amps: Sony - STR-DG1000; Outlaw 200 Mono; B&K Reference 200.2; Speakers: Polk - CS2, Monitor 70's, RC80i's; Video: Optoma HD20; FAVI HD-100

Man Cave
    Sources: Sony PS-LX410, Denon 3910; Amps: Dared sl2000a, HK 3490, Simaudio Moon LP3; Speakers: Polk - SDA 2A's

Quote Originally Posted by hochpt21 View Post
    This is awesome. Much easier to use compared to the duet 'stick'.
    Yep, makes that thing obsolete!

I really don't understand how you could want anything more than what iPeng gives you. Saturday I will be having a party on my deck for 75 people. I will have my outdoor speakers that are on one side of my deck playing my Squeezebox Classic through my whole-house system. For the other side of the deck to hear those speakers, I'd need to crank them pretty loud. Instead, I'll have my two Squeezebox Radios, battery powered, sat in different areas of the deck, along with my Squeezebox Boom plugged into an outdoor outlet. This way, I can keep the volume down on each device enough so that I have nice background music without interfering with people trying to have a conversation. From my iPhone, from my deck, I'll be able to sync the four devices together, and control the playlist from outside. I've had parties like this before, and basically blow people's minds. Combine that with the fact that iPeng can also turn the iPhone into a Squeezebox player, and an open port on your router allows you to do that anywhere you have cell phone signal, is about as great a Squeezebox remote as I could even dream up. So I have my iPhone plugged into my car stereo, and can stream my 3000+ cd's worth of flacs to my car from anywhere.
    Yeah, I've even used my old iPhone as a player for a zone in my bedroom - 1/8" to RCA from headphone jack to my bedroom mini-system. Not a real hifi setup, but it's functional and sounds all right nonetheless!

Combine that with the fact that iPeng can also turn the iPhone into a Squeezebox player, and an open port on your router allows you to do that anywhere you have cell phone signal, is about as great a Squeezebox remote as I could even dream up. So I have my iPhone plugged into my car stereo, and can stream my 3000+ cd's worth of flacs to my car from anywhere.
    I have iPeng on my iPhone and iPad. This sounds great. Could someone provide or direct me to detailed instructions. Thanx
    SDA 2BTL (LARRY'S RINGS), NAD C375 Bee, REGA P3- (TT-PSU),Groovetracer sub platter, Delrin platter, RB 700 tonearm DYNAVECTOR 20X2 LO CART, JOLIDA JD 9A-GOLD LION TUBES-CLARITY MR CAPS, SQUEEZEBOX TOUCH-WELBORNE POWER, WYRED 4 SOUND DAC 1, WYRED 4 SOUND PRE AMP, MIT AVT MA IC'S & SPEAKER CABLES

There is an in-app purchase that allows you to use iPeng as a player, it costs a few bucks more. Do the purchase on one of the devices, and then you can activate it on the second, you don't need to purchase it twice.

Thread Information