Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: newbie question

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default newbie question

I got a pair of rti100 speakers. I have a DVD player which I used to play CD, DVD or VCD. Most of the time I listen the Music CD. I don't care the sound of movie at all. so I guess I don't need a Home theater. do I need a center and surrond speaker for playing music CD? If I add center and surround, will the music sound effect be better? by the way, what kind of speaker wire I should use with this speaker? 16gauge? Thanks

I have the RT1000i, which is the model before yours. For music you're just fine, you don't need a center speaker unless you want to run surround.

I have some Kimber 4vs speaker wire that works out to 13awg. It does a good job at a reasonable price. Generally the thicker the better.
    SDA-2a, Anthem Pre-2L, Anthem Amp 1, MF A324 DAC, Rotel RCD1070

Senn HD650 Cardas, Mapletree Audio Ear+ HD2, Kimber KS1030, Bel Canto DAC2, M-Audio Transit, Laptop.

If you are just listening to music 2 speakers is fine. Dont spend money on a center and surrounds, spend money on a better amplifier or something like that. 16 gauge is the minimum you should use, especially if your runs are more than 10 feet or something like that

Thread Information