Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: newbie question

  1. #1

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Oct 2003

    Default newbie question

    I got a pair of rti100 speakers. I have a DVD player which I used to play CD, DVD or VCD. Most of the time I listen the Music CD. I don't care the sound of movie at all. so I guess I don't need a Home theater. do I need a center and surrond speaker for playing music CD? If I add center and surround, will the music sound effect be better? by the way, what kind of speaker wire I should use with this speaker? 16gauge? Thanks

  2. #2

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Feb 2002


    I have the RT1000i, which is the model before yours. For music you're just fine, you don't need a center speaker unless you want to run surround.

    I have some Kimber 4vs speaker wire that works out to 13awg. It does a good job at a reasonable price. Generally the thicker the better.
    SDA-2a, Anthem Pre-2L, Anthem Amp 1, MF A324 DAC, Rotel RCD1070

    Senn HD650 Cardas, Mapletree Audio Ear+ HD2, Kimber KS1030, Bel Canto DAC2, M-Audio Transit, Laptop.

  3. #3

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Sep 2001


    If you are just listening to music 2 speakers is fine. Dont spend money on a center and surrounds, spend money on a better amplifier or something like that. 16 gauge is the minimum you should use, especially if your runs are more than 10 feet or something like that

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts