Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default Yamaha or Pioneer??

Hi Guys,

I currently have a Yamaha HTR-5650 (same as an RX-V540) which I purchased from the Future Shop here in Ontario. I got it for $549.00 CDN + a "free" pair of Quest QB5 bookshelf speakers. The reason I bought the Yamaha is the sales guy told me they were awesome and I wanted the 2 free speakers so I could spend more on my mains, centre and sub. Anyway, I can pick up the Pioneer VSX-D912K at another store for $499 CDN and it has won some awards and got glowing reviews all over the place.

I wonder if anyone has any advice on this? I have about 15 days left to return the Yamaha so any input is appreciated!

Thanks,
    Chris

Member Sales Rating: (1)

If you're happy with the sound of your Yammi, keep it. I wouldn't bother with Pioneer unless it's their "Elite" line. Find a store where you can do a demo. If I were you, I'd keep on using the Yammi and save up some cash for a few years so I can upgrade to a great high end receiver or maybe seperates. I doubt there will be that much of a difference in the two receivers at $500 a piece.

Maurice
    CD Player: Original CD-A8T
    Receiver: Harman/Kardon HK3390
    Speakers: Polk Audio RT1000p
    "I would rather have a cup of tone than an ocean of power" **Dr. Harvey Rosenberg**

Thread Information