New or Enhanced BDP-103/105 Shared Features:
- Latest generation QDEO which supports 4K upscaling
- 2x2 HDMI. Two HDMI inputs; Two HDMI outputs.
- The Front HDMI input supports HML (High-Definition Mobile Link) which allows some of the newer smartphones to be connected direct to the player and transmits the phones screen to the television. This also allows for ROKU Stick support.
- Newest Netflix interface which supports 1080p video, multi-channel audio, subtitle and alternative language selection, and Family Interface
- Gracenote for looking up media information such as album art, artist, album, and track information for your CD, SACD, and user generated media
- Backlit Eject buttons. No more thumbing around in the dark.
- No more analog video. There is a "DIAG" port, but this is to only see the OPPO UI when there is no media playback. So for those of you who use a small monitor for media playback, you will need to upgrade to a DVI/HDMI capable display.
New BDP-105 Only Features:
- Fanless (unlike the BDP-95)
- Headphone Amplifier
- Optical, Digital Coaxial and asynchronous USB DAC
- Properly oriented XLR outputs
As of this post, the BDP-93 is already out of stock at Oppo's website, with only refurbished models available.